cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018

* 11-27-18, last update for the year! *

Hi everyone, We are almost to the last month of our challenge, time flew by fast! For December, sonnydee, scott1201, and eshoe have an idea for a sub challenge called “Deluxe December” Use up as many deluxe samples as you wish! As always, post your progress weekly, or end of the month- whenever you want- including foil samples too. Thanks to all contributors, (anyone can participate at any time). ❤️

RE: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018

No makeup day with a pop of color on the lips!

Re: Use Your Foil Samples Challenge 2018

Some recently used samples

2F677893-63C6-416C-A1BB-4C50B7851581.jpeg

The only samples I enjoyed and will purchase from this round are the Living Proof Perfect Hair Day conditioner and the 5 in 1 styling treatment. Amazing, made my hair look great! A++

The Clinique concealer was too dry looking, and the Clinique Pep Start eye cream gave me milia. 😞

The bareminerals bare pro foundation did not offer enough coverage and made my cheeks feel itchy, so I washed it off. 😞

Everything else was just kind of mediocre.

Thank you to those participating in the thread, I love seeing the samples used! ❤️ ❤️ Great work!!

I'm trying to work my way through the same Clinique eye cream sample; not loving it, though, and it seems like a never-ending tube!

I found there was way too much sparkle in the Pep Start.  From an eye cream, I don't want cosmetics.  If you're really peppy, leave it at caffeine extracts or green tea and call it a day!  😄

Sorry you had a bad reaction to it.  

@angel7594

I had that same problem with the Clinique Pep Start! It's been months since I used it and I still have one hanging around on the inside of the bridge of my nose (I guess I'm sloppy-slash-generous with my eye cream application and just slather it all around). It broke out my temples pretty badly too, and it took forever for me to clear that up. 😥

It is so frustrating @RGbrown! It takes a long time to get rid of it too (for me)... sorry you had the same thing happen.

I have so many samples, I have a drawer dedicated to them. I really should start using them or else I’ll feel like a hoarder!

I like to pull out a few that I want to try for the week and keep them on the counter, or in with my regular products. Otherwise I forget about them when I’m getting washed and doing make-up. (The only down side is my husband likes to ‘clean’ things that don’t need cleaning, and puts the samples back into my drawer 🤦🏻‍♀️.)

That is why I started this challenge as a new year's reso...

That is why I started this challenge as a new year's resolution.

These had 14 foils used and three more items added to my lengthy wants list and one touché eclat purchased. I adore Tonka scents. YSL softens under Eye wrinkles and hides that sunken look of mature eyes, it’s golden.

A826290B-E6C1-4175-9635-18296921F2E0.jpeg

Proud to have used up 11 foils. Yay for me. I enjoyed the Eva Lim cleanser but opted for something else due to price, I will get this if they ever reduce the price.  Didn’t like Sunday Riley  tidal cream because it wasn’t heavy enough for me nor was It hydrating like a water cream. All of these other samples are great and I’m going to purchase them at some point.

2AE410DC-41DA-4AC6-AB9A-B51678A31DD1.jpeg

Okay, I know I could do better; used up 11 samples/foils but received 15 new ones. YTD totals are now up to 181 samples used and 102 received. Used up lots of hair care as I was on the road part of the week.

Good week used up 11 samples/foils. Love the Alterna Caviar CC cream, Tom Ford Noir perfume, and the Peter Thomas Roth Oilless Oil. YTD totals are 170 samples/foils used 87 received.

I am going through my samples at a slug’s pace, but here are my recently used ones.

5044A55F-1773-4D68-8508-AE971594874E.jpeg

I liked everything except the fresh sugar lip treatment- dried my lips out, glamglow mask- irritated my skin, and the living proof- it made my hair feel dirty even using a small amount. 😒

In this week's edition of what did Corgi Mommy use in samples, 17 used up and 14 received. I loved the Tatcha Rice Powder, LaMer Soft Cream, Verb Ghost Shampoo and Ghost Conditioner, Verb Hydrating Shampoo andConditioner, Dior Poison Girl, Juliette has a Gun Lady Vengeance, and the Red Wine Sheet Mask. New YTD totals are 159 samples/foils used and 87 received.

@CorgiMommyIt a good idea to keep track of how many you get in each week,I have been trying up use some up but only kept track of what I used each month not what I received.

I am really trying to decrease the number of samples and...

I am really trying to decrease the number of samples and foils I have. I have bags of stuff.

Wow @CorgiMommy thats impressive! Whenever I get a La Mer sample it usually lasts me a few weeks, but I use LM only at night. 

I used the LeMar sample over a course of a few weeks. I o...

I used the LeMar sample over a course of a few weeks. I only post it as used in the week I finish something. I have about 10 deluxe samples currently in different stages.

Used some more foils. I’m trying to find spring summer fragrances so I want more samples till I’m sure I’ve made the right choice cause fragrance is expensive.

Liked aqua bomb and orogoldLiked aqua bomb and orogoldLiked curl whipLiked curl whipSmashbox is holy grailSmashbox is holy grailLove niloticaLove nilotica

Giorgio Armani is nice but expensive I’ll try to dupe the look for less

Sheseido doesn’t make a color for black people

Amorepacific was too light not enough hydration or emollient seems overpriced 

My worst week to date, used 13 samples/foils but received 25. I don't know why I let that happen. YTD 130 samples used 73 received.

testing