Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Uneven tone and dark spots

I have sensitive skin and dark spots. I tried alot of products but nothing works. Please recommend me some serum or cream.

Thanks.

Re: Uneven tone and dark spots

Hi, @Baddesha 

Hard to recommend something without knowing a little more (age, are the dark spots due to acne or sun exposure, etc), but I'll take a stab.

A few things typically help with pigmentation - typically you'd be looking at Vitamin C serums for brightening; AHA/BHA or Glycolic Acid for exfoliation/brightening, or a retinol/retinoid for skin cell turnover. Niacinamide in the formulation also helps. Note that some of these ingredients could be topicals like a serum/cream, or in a peel. A peel will give you quicker results, but may be more irritating.

You did not mention price point, so I will try to provide hi and lo in recommendations. I'm also keeping in mind that you have sensitive skin. I am recommending products I have actually used. 

Peels (Note that if you go this route, be sure to do a spot test for sensitivity, prior to doing a full-face application).

Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial™ AHA + BHA Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL  - there is also a mini

philosophy The Microdelivery Vitamin C Resurfacing Peel  (better for aging and sun spots)

First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads 28 Pads 

Vitamin C

OLEHENRIKSEN Truth Serum® 1 oz/ 30 mL 

OLEHENRIKSEN 3 Little Wonders™  - Covers off the Vitamin C and the AHA - currently on sale

For a cheaper Vitamin C, you could try the Derma E Concentrated Serum - available at Ulta

Retinol

Peter Thomas Roth Retinol Fusion PM Night Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL - This also has Vitamin C. The retinol is micro-encapsulated, time-released, and suspended in squalane, so it is more gentle than most retinols.

I have noticed there is a retinol product by Inkey List. I have not tried it, so I cannot speak to whether it is gentle on skin; but it does come at a lower price point than the PTR Retinol Fusion PM.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing