Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Tuesday Top 5: Sephora brand products

Sephora's own line -- admittedly -- has some of the best products, whether it be skincare or makeup. What are some of your favorites?

(L-R):

-Waterproof eye makeup remover: My HG makeup remover that works just as well as Lancome's Bifacil!

-Acne fighting roll on gel: I can't stand the smell of Kate Somerville's Eradikate (nor Mario Badescu's Drying Lotion) and certainly not the white stain both leave behind. This has replaced both upon discovery.

-Jumbo Eye Pencil in Taupe: I've loved all the jumbo eye pencils I've ever tried from Sephora's line, and I find they perform even better than Urban Decay's 24-7 pencil shadows at times!

-Sephora X Shine Top Coat: An amazing long lasting top coat that gives a gel like shine to nails. So glad to see the re-launching of Sephora X in early October! Smiley Happy

-Instant nail polish remover: While it does take longer to remove glitter polishes, this stuff does what the name says in terms of removing regular nail polishes: instant removal.

Re: Tuesday Top 5: Sephora brand products

Definitely recommend picking it up if they're still available at your local Sephora Smiley Happy

these are the bomb! just use it wet or damp. i love these

I believe Sephora wanted to mimic Laura Mercier's illuminating eye colors. But for a fraction of the price with the same performance, I'll stick to Sephora's Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

The eye blending brush and the rouge cream lipstick.  A steal at $12.  I have it in Mr. Lover and it's a staple!

That's a gorgeous shade!!

1. Colorful Eyeshdow...I have so many of these it's not funny.

2. 8 HR Mattifying Compact Foundation (I use this almost daily)

3. Ultra Shine Lipgloss...I wish they would bring back my favorite shade

4. Glossy Gloss (pleeeease make a black one!)

5. On The Fringe studded eyelash curler - I freaking love this thing!

I'm on the market for a new mattifying powder -- will look into the 8hr mattifying! Smiley Happy

When I first started shopping at Sephora, I only ever bought Sephora brand products so I have actually tried a lot of their things. My favorites are:

Rouge Shine Lipstick in No. 16 - Sweetheart

Not very long lasting, but the color is so pretty and at only $12, I'm super tempted to try lots more colors. 

Nano Lip Liner in 16 - Pure Pinky

Functional, portable, affordable. Doesn't get any better than that. 

Long Lasting Liquid Liner - Black

I've actually never bought any other liquid eyeliner after trying this one. It's only $12 and it works really well. I've been through at least five of these already. 

Colorful Pallete in 09 - Almost Nude

This is my go-to neutral palette at the time. 

Sweetheart is such a beautiful shade! I may need to check it out next time I'm in store!

It's definitely one of my favorite lipsticks. The color is so unique! It's kind of different from what it looks like online so you'll have to see it in person, but it is such a pretty pink. 

Ah, so hard to pick just five! I really do love their body butters, body scrubs [when they did have them] and their facial moisturizers. They were my favorites! Although, I do notice once I start falling in love with Sephora's line it becomes discontinued soon or the redo the formula.

It is really difficult! haha. Some honorable mentions are the new pencil liners (on par with UD's 24-7 eyeliners), as well as the blushes!

I love their brushes! they last forever and are so much more affordable than MAC!!

And unlike MAC's, they don't shed!!! haha

I'd be hard pressed to live without Sephora's super supreme body butter and waterproof eyeliner (the one with the smudger on the end).

I'm always on the lookout for a good body butter come fall and winter -- will be checking those out in person! Smiley Happy

Personally, I'm always suckered into the eyeshadow singles, and they work pretty well. And also, the nano eyeliners and lipliners are so cheap, how can I resist? I haven't tried loads from the Sephora brand but what I have tried has been decent.

I second the nano eyeliners -- such great quality!

I've had little luck with Sephora brand products. I just finished a bottle of the cleansing water, it's nice, but I prefer Nuxe Rose Water or Koh Gen Do. There was one mascara I liked, I forget the name of it, but it had a plastic applicator similar to Buxom's and the formula wasn't too bad. The waterproof eye makeup remover was a too oily/greasy for my liking. 

A few items I do like:

~ Makeup Brushes. Love their brushes!

~ Snag Free Hair elastics - I use these for updos & braids

~ Sephora by OPI Gelshine polishes - Does this count? I like the formulas, they cure quickly & last more than 2 weeks

~ Sephora by OPI It's Real 18K Gold Top Coat - BEAUTIFUL 

~ Cellulose Sponges - I buy a pack every month or so & use them to remove masks & peels. 

~ Pink face scrubber - I use it to wash my brushes

Using the scrubber for brush washing is a good idea! I'll have to give it a go!

I can't take credit for it. Someone suggested it months ago as an alternative to the Sigma glove. I tried it out & it works great!

I have that face scrubber.  I will definitely try this!

Great topic!  I really like the SEPHORA COLLECTION Color Reveal Lip Balm, the color adapt gloss, the Super Nourishing Lip Balm, and some of the brushes.

This thread has made me curious about Sephora X.  I will have to stay on the lookout for that!

I'm always looking for a good lip balm, so I'll be trying out the Nourishing one! Smiley Happy

I hope you enjoy it.  :-)

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos10
  • sephora.JPG
  • bronzerBrush.JPG
  • swfupload_6946102695411939677.jpg
  • goth lash curler.jpg
  • swfupload_3376345131225722284.jpg
  • swfupload_328288893523730613.jpg
  • swfupload_3222589024465871791.jpg