Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Tuesday Top 5: Highlighters!

As some of you may already know, I'm a bit of a highlighter hoarder. Companies love to shell out pretty-looking highlighters, and I get suckered in every time without fail. That said, if all of my highlighters were to one day disappear, these are the ones I'd be repurchasing in a heartbeat!

(Clockwise starting with the Chantecaille)

-Chantecaille Rose Petals highlighter: This is a very subtle highlighter, and I can see it working beautifully on paler to lighter skintones. I like to pair this with my cooler toned pink blushes. This was so popular it sold out last holidays, but thankfully, Chantecaille has repromoted it this holidays Smiley Happy

-Jill Stuart Charming Feline: I strictly use this as a powdered undereye highlighter/setting powder, and it does an amazing job in ensuring that my concealers do not crease.

-Laura Mercier Spellbound: Laura Mercier does highlighters extremely well, and this beauty of a highlighter is no exception. It pulls slightly on the beige side, so I like pairing this with neutral and bronzey blushes.

-Becca Pressed Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal: This highlighter is not for the faint of heart! It's the secret to perfecting the JLo glow, and it's best achieved with a large fluffy brush. One caveat: use a light hand!

-Chanel Poudre Signee Illuminating Powder: The disappearing CC logo is a good indicator of how much I love this illuminator! I like to think of this as Albatross' less dramatic, more finely-milled younger sister. I love wearing this with blushes with running gold shimmer.

Enable me away, BTers! Smiley Wink

Re: Tuesday Top 5: Highlighters!

Highlighter question for all you highlighter addicts:  where do you highlight?

I usually make a C around my eyes going cheekbone to over my eyebrows and then back down.  I sometimes also do a teeny bit right above my cupids bow and right under the center of my lips.  And rarely I do my nose (rarely because my nose gets oily sometimes and doesn't really need it)

I do my cheekbones in a straight line starting from just under the eye at the outer edge and out to the sides of the face, angling upward a little bit.

I also do the browbone just under the outer half of the eyebrow, the inner corners of the eyes, vertically right above the cupid's bow (from the bottom of the nose to the center of the upper lip) and horizontally right above the upper lip.  This makes the upper lip look fuller and I really like this effect.

YES! Thank you for highlighting (no pun intended) the fact that you start under the outer edges of your eyes Smiley Happy. I've seen a lot of people take their highlight too far into the center of their faces that it just seems odd. Admittedly, I made the same mistake previously too.

I do:

~under my eyebrow

~cheekbones a little higher than the blush

~bridge of nose

~Cupid's bow

~a little on my chin

If its a liquid, you could mix it with your liquid foundation for an all over glow.

I agree on mixing liquid highlighters with foundations! It works especially well during the fall and winter months Smiley Happy

I highlight on top of my cheekbones making sure to stop at the end of my eyes, sometimes above my brows in a C-shape (if the highlighter is more subtle.) Also, the bridge of my nose, tip of my nose, cupid's bow, and a bit in the chin area Smiley Happy

I love highlighters as well.  I have been thinking about getting the Becca highlighter in the Rose Gold shade but Opal is great as well!  Decisions, decisions..ah! I'll get both.

You should get both! Smiley Very Happy Seriously, they're different in their own ways, so you can justify your purchases.

My favorite highlighters are Dior's Rose Diamond and Amber Diamond.  They create a georgeous glow, and never look too glittery or shimmery!

I really want Dior's highlighters to work for me, but sadly, they break me out Smiley Sad. I'm still trying to figure out what ingredient(s) is causing it.

So I may or may not have been searching Sephora's website for the Laura Mercier Spellbound.... I can't find it. Was it LE?

Highlighted

Yes it was, it was available this summer.

It is LE, but I was talking to Missie772 about it, and she was able to find hers on the Macy's site. Hope you get your hands on it! Smiley Happy

Ughhh, I was JUST eyeing that darn Chantecaille and now you post this! I swear you read my mind sometimes. I'm just going to move in with you, then I don't have to buy all the exact same things Smiley Tongue 

I shouldn't have viewed this thread as I only have 1 highlighter (LM Matte Randiance) and even that was a sample I got with purchase....now I have 6 different ones in my loves list. 

I am easily influenced as you can tell Smiley Tongue

They should rename Beauty Talk to Enablers Talk, seriously! Smiley Wink If it wasn't for BT, I don't think my loves list is as long as it currently is.

Hahaha this is so true Posh!!

That sounds like a plan! I can provide the highlighters and you can contribute to the Meteorites mania! Smiley Very Happy

Has anyone tried the Too Faced Sweetheart Beads Radiant Glow Face Powder?

I swatched it on the back of my hands thinking it would be comparable to Guerlain's 03 Meteorites, but the TF one is a straight up glitterbomb.

My top 5 highlighters are (in order!) 

1. Nars Albatros

2. Mac Soft & Gentle

3. Laura Mercier matte radiance baked powder  Highlight 01

4. theBalm Mary Luminizer

5. Physicians Formula Translucent Pearl

great favorites txmommyofboys! welcome to BT btw Smiley Happy

theBalm's Mary Luminizer is some serious highlight... but I love it! Smiley Happy Great list!

Benefits Watts up highlighter is the only highlighter I've tried and I am happy enough with it to not want to try any more!

Conversation Stats
Photos3
  • highlighters.JPG
  • mjhighlighter.JPG
  • Watts Up