Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Top 10 Holy Grail Products

I love hearing what's everyones favorite holy grail products!

Whether it be skincare, makeup, or a hair product....tell us what your top 10 favorite holy grail products!

And it doesnt hurt to share a little background....
Skin: Normal to dry, sensitive/acne prone with some redness and dark spots

1. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation
2. Drunk Elephant Vitamin C Serum
3. Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 palette (everyday palette)
4. Hourglass Ambiant Powders
5. Son & Park - Beauty Water toner
6. Tarte Tartelette in Bloom palette
7. YSL - Rouge Volupte Shine lipsticks
8. Face Mask Sheets (Innisfree and The Face Shop)
9. Philosophy - Purity Made Simple facial cleanser
10. Belif - True Cream Moisturizer

Re: Top 10 Holy Grail Products

1. Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Palette - The Sophisticate

2. Bite Beauty Multisticks - Creme Caramel, Blondie, Mochi

3. Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipsticks - Gingersnap, Persimmon, Maple

4. Ulta Beauty Feathered Lashes Mascara - Blackened Brown

5. Bare Minerals 5 in 1 Eyeshadow

6. Bare Minerals Lasting Line

7. Charlotte Tilbury Eyes To Mesmerize - Jean and Marie Antoinette

8. Lush Celestial Moisturizer

9. Burt's Bees Cleansing Oil

10. Bite Beauty Lush Lip Tint

I will bite on this one! Great idea for a thread! Everything listed below has been repurchased multiple times and are items I love talking about and recommending. 

Skin: Combination Oily

My Top 10 Holy Grail Products:

1. Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper
  2. Dior Diorshow Maximizing Lash Primer
  3. Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Highlight 01
  4. Original BeautyBlender
  5. Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder
  6. Kevyn Aucoin The Sculpting Contour Powder
  7. Drybar The Money Maker Flexible Hairspray
  8. Devacurl Volumizing Foam
  9. Peter Thomas Roth Max Complexion Correction Pads
  10. Foreo Luna Mini

Love this thread. I definitely cheated with my answers haha. It was too hard to pick 10 across ALL beauty categories. Anyway, these are the products that I would have a conniption fit if they were discontinued. 

1) Surratt surreal real skin foundation
2) By Terry terrybly densiliss concealer
3) Chanel bronze universal
4) Chanel Le Volume + Surratt eyelash curler (eyelashes count as one thing lol)
5) ABH Brow Wiz
6) Neutrogena sesame body oil
7) Biologique recherche lotion p50
😎 Tretinoin
9) Oribe Curl Gloss Gel + shu uemura cool blonde + shu uemura wonder worker + Living Proof dry shampoo + mason pearson hairbrush (hair can also count as one thing right?)
10) Byredo Gypsy Water

Skin: Normal to slightly dry (but battled cystic acne for many years.)

Not in a particular order 

1. CVS Beauty 360 Gentle Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover
  2. LORAC Perfectly Lit Luminizing Powder (I think this is discontinued but I bought so many that I still have three compacts of these)
  3. YSL Rouge pur Couture lipstick - in particular #10 is my favorite
  4. Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic blushes - First Love is my favorite 
  5. Kiehl's Heat-Protective Silk Straightening Creme
  6. H&M medium and large eye shadow shader brushes
  7. Kevyn Aucoin Neo Limelight Highlighter
  8. Drunk Elephant Firma C Lotion (Have only been using a couple of weeks so I'm hesitant to call it an HG, but I'm truly loving it and will repurchase when I'm out.)
  9. Lancôme Teint Idole foundation - I slightly like the stick version more than the liquid. 
  10. Loreal brow definer pencil 

Hi @startandbucks

I love both the liquid and stick Lancome Teint Idole Foundations! They are so good and match my skin perfectly. 

Best Wishes,

Janean

I'm a skincare addict so it's mostly skincare. Almost 30 with combination skin.

1. KGD cleansing water - one of the best makeup removers, a must have for lazy gal so I NEVER go to bed with makeup on.

2. Tatcha oil cleanser - the only product that's good at removing makeup fast AND cleanses well without drying out the skin or leaving residue

3. Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion - it's a creamy paste with lots of super fine grain for a very thorough but gentle physical exfoliation and lactic acid for chemical exfoliation without irritating sensitive skin. 

4. Karuna Clarifying mask - there are great products if you have oily skin and breakouts, but when I have dry, flaky, irritated skin with breakouts and painful bumps.....this is the only mask that brings my face back to normal

5. Dior Toner with Velvet Peony - it makes your skin feel sooooooo soft!!! It hydrates without leaving a residue and leaves the skin feeling clean. Try it once and you will feel the difference.

6. AmorePacific Natural Protector SPF35 - I don't understand why it's so hard to find a good moisturizer with high SPF, or a high SPF with moisturizing and skin beneficial ingredients that doesn't feel greasy. This has a high SPF but absorbs like a lovely moisturizer with lots of goodies in it. It's expensive, but it's worth it.

7. Marc Jacob Highliner - it comes in every color you would want in a liner, applies well and LASTS. I have a skincare blog and whenever I blog about effectiveness of makeup removers by using it on makeup swatches, this is the last to come off (out of all long lasting liners, foundation, lipsticks etc).

8. Chikuhodo MK-2 brush - THE softest and most luxurious and most beautiful brush ever. The blue squirrel bristle means it's super duper soft and feels airy and glides like silk on the skin, and you will never have to worry about over applying pigmented or loose powder products. I'm also weak for pretty cherry blossom designs.

9. L'occitane Revitalizing Shampoo - I have oily and itchy scalp with dry hair. This makes my scalp feel super clean and my hair soft and smooth. Also, for other shampoos my scalp start to get oily/dirty in 2-3 days, but when I use this my hair still feel fresh like it's just washed and only gets oily on the 3rd or 4th day.

10. Guerlain Meteorites - tones down the shiny spots and make your face look naturally luminous. Also, the amazingly pretty jars, here's my 3 favorites of all times:

Spoiler

upload_996606173981344170.jpgupload_3976623639847724540.jpg

upload_340906972802002149.jpg

I have the same problem with my hair...oily scalp but dry ends and my hair looks greasy the day after I wash it. Thank you for recommending the L'occitane Revitalizing shampoo! I will try it. Which conditioner do you use with it? 

@ChicDabbler MJ Highliner, Guerlain Meteorites, and Dr Brandt are such great products! I will have to try that sunscreen. 

Your Chikuhodo Blue Squirrel brush reminded me of how much I love my Blue Squirrel brushes and the stupid quest I made for elusive Red Squirrel brush. I finally realized - why would I want to spend hours scouring the Internet ( which I did ) trying to figure out when the brush would be released and then spend an exorbitant amount of money for said brush, when the blue squirrel hair was perfect. 

I received a sample of that Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion and I loved it. Thanks for reminding me of it. 

I will have to look into the Amore Pacific Protector that you mentioned because I have picked up a bit too much sun this Summer working in my large garden and now all of my foundations are too light (even my Summer colors) and well Wrinkles if I keep this up! I don't do my face until after I garden, but maybe I should apply this and I don't want to waste my Time Response.

Meteorites are heavenly. Why is the Carousel your favorite? What is different about it? I noticed the beads are different sizes. 

@labrat1996 Oh I ended up getting a red/canadian squirrel cheek brush cuz internet, lol, but yeah I like my blue squirrel much better. Time response cream (the one without SPF) is amazing! I have combination skin and was walking everywhere while vacation in Japan and thought it'd be too rich for me, but it absorbs so well and my skin feel so good!

All 3 of those meteorites are my favorites, lol. I have yellow undertone with lots of redness so I usually go with the snowflake one, but sometimes I OD on yellow primer/foundation and my face looks flat, then I like Carousel that brings a bit of color in my face. And I like the dragon pearl cuz I'm born in the year of dragon. =D

Cuz Internet - Haha! I know right? Yes, Time Response is great, but I am sunburned now so maybe I need some SPF! I have pink undertones, so maybe carousel is not for me. I just won an auction on eBay for Meteorites Exceptional Compacted Pearls of Powder with the compact for $51. It is $179 on Sephora. It is Clair so it will work for me in the winter or when my sunburn fades. I just can't fit the jar of meteorites in my Chanel Double Flap. 

I'm 27 with normal skin, little to no visible signs of aging, occasional breakouts, fair-light neutral skin depending on time of year, hazel-green eyes, naturally brunette hair but it's lightened to a dark golden blonde currently.

1. Josie Maran. Her whole line. It counts as one product. Don't tell me otherwise. 

2. Nars Radient Creamy Concealer in Custard

3. Benefit POREfessional

4. Too Faced BTS

5. KVD ELL Lolita II

6. UD Naked 2

7. Lancome La Vie Est Belle

8. Drybar Detox 

9. bareMinerals Skinlongevity Vital Power Infusion 

10. Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Water Foundation in Light Neutral

Hi @alexasteph.

So true about the Josie Maran products! I have the oil and lotion at my desk and use them both like they are the same! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Haha - I love your comment about Josie Maran! Pretty True. My daughter (who is 21) and I (I'm 54) Both love and use her products. 

Skin: Combination, some redness, light to medium

1. Serge Lutens Mascara - Lengthens, Curls and Separates lashes like no other mascara and you can get the comb right to the base of the lashes. NEVER runs or flakes. I've tried about 25 different mascaras and I can't find anything close. 

2. Amore Pacific Time Response Skin Renewal Creme - Melts into the skin and keeps you hydrated all day without getting oily. My wrinkles just fade away.

3. Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick. I've owned this in seven different shades. STAYS on, easy to control application and doesn't dry out my lips like other matte lipsticks. Also - the colors are to die for.

4. Glam Glow Thirsty Mud Hydrating Treatment. I sleep with this on every other night. My skin looks amazing in the morning. It also smells wonderful.

5. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Blush. Despite the fact that I own several soft squirrel blush brushes, all other blushes go on too heavy for me. This one is always perfect, with a subtle glow.

6. Guerlain Meteorites Illuminating Powder Pearls. At my age you don't want a powder that is too matte or too "glowy". This is just right and even though they are expensive, one container lasts me at least a year.

7. Aveeno Ultra Calming Makeup Removing Wipes. Good at removing makeup and they don't irritate my skin or leave it dry.

8. Clinique Smart Custom Repair Serum. There are other sera that work as well - but this is the least expensive one that works for me.

9. Bobbi Brown Longwear Liquid Liner. Stays on and is easy to control. I can't stand a liquid that runs. Also - great colors.

10. Josie Maran Vibrancy Foundation Fluid. Keeps me dewy and covers well while looking natural. Replaced my beloved Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Invisible Skin Fusion Foundation - which is no longer available at Sephora. It is more natural looking than the Guerlain ever was - though it does not wear as well. 

Oh goodness, I could maybe do a top 10 for each category (skincare, makeup, etc) but an overall top 10 is so hard. :X

I am 33, very fair sensitive/combo skin with rosacea.

1. ABH Modern Renaissance

2. Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche lipsticks (Fig, Thistle, Sour Cherry)

3. Bite Agave Lip Mask

4. Belif Moisture Bomb

5. NYX skinny brow pencil in Auburn

6. Illamasqua Naked Rose powder blush

7. Zoya nail polish (Roxy, Zara, Trixie, Charla, Zuza)

8. Missha All Around Safe Block Essence Sun Milk

9. Sunday Riely Luna Sleeping Oil

10. Kevyn Aucoin SSE

Great Topic, it's always helpful to see what other women really use and love!

I'm 48, and have dry/normal fair to light skin. 

1. Caudalie Micellar Water

2. Algenist Complete eye cream

3. Caudalie Serum (SOS or Vinosource)

4. PTR Pumpkin Enzyme Mask

5. Caudalie Moisturiser (Sorbet, Vinosource or    Vinosource Night-I rotate them all) 

6. Ole Henrickson Power Peek

7. Sunday Riley Power Couple

8. Marc Jacobs Highliner

9. It Cosmetics CC Cream

10. It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye Illumination

Lately I've been testing essences (SKII and Caudalie) but I'm not quite sure if they would be in the top 10. Today I had a facial with a new aesthetician and when I mentioned that I'm going to be 49 soon she was shocked. She said, "I thought you were younger than me and I'm 41", so I guess some of these products are doing what they claim to do! 

No particular order.

1.  Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24 Hr Foundation

2.  Dr. Jart Cicapair Tigar Grass Color Correcting Treatment

3.  PTR Anti-aging Cleansing Gel

4.  Tatcha The Water Cream

5.  Laura Mercier 2013 Artists palette

6.  Bite Beauty Barberry

7.  Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer

8.  Benefit Ka-brow

9.  Meow Cosmetics blush

10.  Too Faced Shadow Insurance

Hi @Titian06

Yes! Another Lancome Teint Idole lover! This is my fav foundation! I have just started to use the Too Faced Shadow Insurance again and have been loving it as well! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Fun topic @sarinalove! Let's see:

1. May Lindstrom- Blue Cocoon. This has been my only night time moisturizer for some time now. It's helped me go from Dry to normal skin.

2. Viseart Neutral Mattes: I have hit pan on several shades and know I will repurchase it. It's the perfect everyday look for me.

3. May Lindstrom- The Problem Solver. This is a weekly mask for me. It helps keep my skin so clear.

4. Uma Oils: Clarifying Oil. This is a new HG for me. Once I tried it, I saw an immediate improvement in my skin. It's now a staple.

5. Tom Ford Traceless Perfecting Foundation. I have repurchased this one at least 3 times. It's the perfect foundation for me. I use it daily.

6. Artis #8 Foundation Brush. I have 2 of these. I love how easy it is to get my foundation on quickly!

7.Tom Ford Eye Primer: The jar lasts forever and the eye look does too.

8. Beauty Blender- Blusher. I use this to apply concealer. It fits perfectly on my under eye.

9. Charlotte Tolbury Airbrush Powder- this is my favorite and only pressed powder. I use it touching up makeup on the go.

10. Jo Malone Peony and Blush Suede perfume. This is my go to, everyday perfume. I love it.

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos4
  • upload_340906972802002149.jpg
  • upload_996606173981344170.jpg
  • upload_3976623639847724540.jpg
  • IMG_20171126_083408_883.jpg
testing