Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Tons of Samples

Please tell me I am not alone. I just got done cleaning out my bathroom closet and I have an embarrassing amount of samples.  Just an estimation but I think I have like 50 foil packs and around 30 deluxe samples of a wide variety of face products.  I basically order exclusively online, with every order I pick my 3 free samples and ALWAYS use a code for a deluxe sample.  I probably order 3 times a month but I have placed up to 8 orders in a single month.  I am constantly using my samples so I never get around to using the full size products I have bought.  But I always have more samples coming in, I feel like I make no progress on using them up.  I also feel like its wasteful to not use them or to not order them.  Anyone else with this problem??

Re: Tons of Samples

I actually don't have very many left. I have a handful of deluxe samples and one packet. I only keep the ones that I know I will use, the rest I give away Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

I have lots of deluxe sized samples from perks/codes/GWPs/subscription boxes but I consider some of them to be almost like full size items since they take a considerable time to use up. For example, the deluxe sample of Benefit Girl Meets Pearl that came in one of the Benefit kits is 10 ml, the full size I bought is 12 ml. No wonder I felt it was taking me foreverrrrr to work though the DS tube!

I am pretty good at using up the foil sachets & perfume vials as they come in though. I save a few for overnight trips, but for the most part I use them up so they don't accumulate. Right now I'm trying to fit my necessary cream & liquid products in the 1 qt bag allowed for carry-on on planes & wishing I had saved a few more sachets!

I just gave my mother a bag of samples with her Mothers Day gift- and she's over the moon. I think I'm Going to keep doing that...

In the process of packing & moving. I had samples stashed EVERYWHERE! I never touch them, but I should start. i started a pile/bag of items I absolutely will not use to donate to a Women's Shelter or to give away to friends/family. 

I'm also going to cancel my ipsy bag & Sample Society box. I've been subscribing for over a year to both & still haven't found a HG product out of them. The bags are adorable, and the boxes are good for organizing... but I don't use the samples. 

What does HG stand for?

HG = Holy Grail

I have 4 bags full of samples!  I use them on occasion but I feel that I'm not even scratching the surface.  I give some to friends but they don't use them either because they feel that they can't afford them and they stick to the drugstore brands which isn't bad but I always say that if something will work better, then take it.  I'm especially bad with the perfume samples.  I take a wiff and if I like it, I put it away and buy the full sized version instead of finishing off the sample.  I'm trying to be better about the perfume samples...

mommyto4,

You are definitely NOT alone Smiley Wink

I have a whole train case full of samples. If I were to get any more, I'd have to get a new method of storage.. and that's AFTER having cleaned out a bunch and gave my sister, sister-in-law, and my brother's girlfriend a ton of samples. 

I am starting to use some of them though.

Conversation Stats