Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Things Youtube Beauty Gurus Do That I Can't

I'm sure y'all watch YT tutorials and even have some of your own favorite gurus you always turn to.

What's the one (or more than one) thing that those gurus do that you can never do in your day-to-day makeup routine?

For me, I simply cannot use a "pea-sized" amount of primer or foundation to cover my entire face like the gurus can, even when I'm going for a lighter coverage.

Share away Smiley Happy

Re: Things Youtube Beauty Gurus Do That I Can't

Adding using a paddle foundation brush to apply foundation to the list!

what can they do that i can't? hmm. maybe getting in front of the camera and film myself while doing makeup and being all hyper about it. haha. coz i'm shy like that. Smiley Sad lol.

I totally agree! I'm way too camera shy to do what they do!

It's like they chugged an entire gallon of coffee before filming in front of the camera! haha

Applying fake lashes on a daily basis. I can't even get them on for formal events and they always look so artificial to me, even those super natural ones! I love how they look on my favorite gurus though, such a flawless finish!

I feel that whenever I apply falsies (admittedly, 4-5 times my entire life), they always felt uncomfortable -- not mattering the brand.

I have to "ditto" alot of these. Glad to know it's not just me that uses for like a nickel-quarter size amount of foundation, but feel like a frosted cake when watching videos and they always say "a little goes a long way". I'm like, are you applying on a child size face? I've never really gotten the hang of using concealer to highlight, it always looks cakey, so I just skip it and use shimmer powder instead. Falsies take forever, so they're reserved for special occasions. Last but not least, winged eyeliner! I just cannot get the hang of it. 

Haha, I need at least two pumps of a full coverage BB cream for my entire face to get medium coverage!

I still to this day, cannot for the life of me... look like Angelina Jolie. I have since perfected my kitten flick in the process. But still... I just look like me. How is it that Sam and Nic can always look like the person they are doing their makeup of?

Ahhh the Pixiwoos -- talk about talented! Celebs like Angelina Jolie, Lauren Conrad, and Megan Fox make it seem so easy!

I can't for the life of me make my cat eyes look the same,  I can do it on other people but on me they go in different directions! Another one is have false eyelashes not look SO false, like for real! They look so bad on me! And then like everyone is saying special FX, I've been playing around with some of that and I can make myself look like I have rotting skin Smiley Very Happy oh joy lol

eyeliner.jpg

No words needed. Bahahahaha!

Story of my life!

OMG Lol yes this is me

I practice perfecting the cat eyes on the days I'm not leaving the house LOL

LOL, I loved this!

I can never, ever, ever curl my hair perfectly the way people on youtube can. I do their techniques exactly the way they show it but it just doesn't work for me!  

Has anyone here ever wanted to start a channel?

I actually did and made videos for a while lol but eventually I stopped because my camera is battery operated and batteries are expensive! lol

Let us know when you ever get back to Youtubing! Smiley Happy

I've thought about it so much, but I feel like my beauty outlet is now here on BT! I love it lol 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • eyeliner.jpg