Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Travel Beauty Thread

(January 2023) Thought Iโ€™d resurrect this thread, now that thereโ€™s a bit more possibility of travel these days! I would love to live vicariously and learn from fellow BICers, so please post any tips, pics, and/or your fave travel minis or routine!  Iโ€™m still not doing a lot of travel these days, but may post some pics and notes from past trips.  ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

Since the old travel thread sadly got lost in the switchover (๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข) it was suggested a while back, and Iโ€™ve been meaning to get a new one started. If there is one already for this, let me know. I travel a bit for work and for fun, and I love checking out beauty stores and seeking out exclusive or hard-to-find items in different places around the world. Some of my favorite makeup destinations have been the Face Powder and Perfume Museum in Torino, Italy (a surprise find) and the Les Merveilleuses Laduree in Tokyo. I have relied on great tips from other BT/BICers on many of my trips, especially Toronto and Tokyo, so I would love to keep this updated as a resource for BIC.

Please share your discoveries, store reviews, pictures, purchases, and travel tips, and Iโ€™ll try to keep and update summaries here in the main post for future reference. If you donโ€™t have a chance for much travel, feel free to share your favorite beauty destinations in your home city. I plan to update with photos below from various trips as I have the chance to organize my archives and update. What do you guys think? Feel free to make suggestions on how to organize this thread, too, it might be a bit of a work in progress. Thanks and happy travels BT/BIC!

Re: The Travel Beauty Thread

Oh, lobster rolls!! Heaven!! I like plain butter but you may have convinced me. @Luvstravel 

@Luvstravel Trio sampler?! I'm adding this as a must stop next time I'm in Maine!

Oh my goodness, @Luvstravel - we almost went there! How funny to think we almost crossed paths in some way or another. We were in Portland at the beginning of our trip, and enjoyed it so much we changed plans to go again at the end of it. Very cool place, and it looks like I definitely missed out!

Thanks for sharing your travels, @Luvstravel !  You and your husband are so cute! ๐Ÿฅฐ  My mom and brother have done all those cruises (including Panama Canal)...Alaska three times!  I know many people who have done multiple Alaska cruises.  Other than my mom, none of them are seniors ๐Ÿ˜„  Enjoy your next trips! ๐Ÿ›ณ๐Ÿž๐ŸŒŽ

Thanks @Titian06 . I guess I'm my mind Alaska was for older people but you are correct there are all age groups traveling to Alaska and I would definitely go back! It's gorgeous. 

@Luvstravel Awww I miss seeing you on here but am so glad you are having an amazing time traveling. The pictures are breathtaking. I felt like I was there with you.

Thanks @SportyGirly125 . I love traveling and experiencing new things. I try to take good pics. These are just with my phone. I'm hoping I captured some great ones with my camera. I like to get some of my pics enlarged to hang in our house.

Stunning! Thanks for sharing your experience and these awesome pics. It all looks really amazing! @Luvstravel   

Thanks @sister13 I used to see your travel pics for the Asian countries you had been to and thought then I would probably never go ( not speaking the language is a bit scary, even though we have done fine in western europe) but now I'm rethinking that and will possibly put in on the travel list.

It can be daunting, but so many translation tools these days and more widespread English, too! Iโ€™m dying to go to Korea, and back to Japan and everywhere else, too, haha!  @Luvstravel 

@Luvstravel Beautiful! I want to go to Denali so bad! Thanks for the tag! I need to finish editing my photos from the trips I did this year, once I get to them I'll post back here!

@Samtian read what I posted under this thread to eshoe. I thought I could copy and paste it but no luck. Definitely will eat at High Roller again. 

Definitely post your pics!!! I love seeing new places. I had put off Alaska thinking it was just for older people but it is just gorgeous and we were able to see so much in the two weeks, especially on the land portion. In Denali everyone has to ride the school bus because there are no cars permitted ( except a yearly lottery drawing for a few lucky people) but if you go in the summer you can hike and do so much but I really wanted to see the Fall colors.

20230921_110115.jpg

โ€ƒ

Yesterday I spent the day in downtown Toronto. I explored and spent the day wandering around. I took the train down with a friend and we had a great day. I do not live far from Toronto. However I managed to get a picture in front of the Sephora at Union Station. I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!

510FFDE6-.jpg

โ€ƒ

Such a nice photo @Mellmars1185 !! I hope you had an amazing time in Toronto and and you have a great Memorial Day weekend! 

@Saradestin Thank you very much.it has been a great weekend. I hope you had a great Memorial Day weekend so far!!

I am @Mellmars1185 ! Thank you for asking! ๐Ÿค—

That sounds like fun, @Mellmars1185 !  Thanks for sharing! ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

@Titian06 Thank you ! ๐Ÿ’ž

Love the composition here, @Mellmars1185! Sounds like a very fun day ๐Ÿ˜Š

@eshoe Thank you! It was a much needed overdue friends date ๐Ÿฅฐ

Conversation Stats
Photos205
  • Beautiful sunset!
  • Iconic scene along MariahilfstraรŸe on the River Inn.
  • Mermaid Tails and Fins! Whole racks of them!
  • D3C937C6-07DE-4133-A427-6BF4A1AE802C.jpeg
  • More mermaid-y stuff!
  • Lovely shop Grรผne Erde, with Natural Beauty and housewares.
  • Lovely skincare and cosmetics section.
  • The whole place was lovely, I especially loved the bulk herbs at the cashwrap! Sehr schรถn!
  • Bought a makeup remover and gentle balm cleanser, got samples and a free lavender sachet.
  • 6E5695B7-DF6D-44FC-9742-DF648E454E09.jpeg
  • This Weigano Perfumerie and Kosmetik surprised me. Tiny store front but a long narrow store inside packed floor to ceiling with prestige fragrance, cosmetics and skincare. I could have spent hours here. They had a wonderful German perfumer featured Lengling, and Iโ€™m hoarding some samples until I get back to Germany/Austria next time.
  • Weigano.
  • Weigano, the store went back like 3x this length. Heaven!
  • Nรคgele & Strubell (Nails & Brushes) is another high end Austrian shop/chain. They carried Annick Goutal, and some Middle Eastern fragrances that were new to me. Lots of variety.
  • Oh Canada!
testing