Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Travel Beauty Thread

(January 2023) Thought I’d resurrect this thread, now that there’s a bit more possibility of travel these days! I would love to live vicariously and learn from fellow BICers, so please post any tips, pics, and/or your fave travel minis or routine!  I’m still not doing a lot of travel these days, but may post some pics and notes from past trips.  💗💗💗

—————

Since the old travel thread sadly got lost in the switchover (😢😢😢) it was suggested a while back, and I’ve been meaning to get a new one started. If there is one already for this, let me know. I travel a bit for work and for fun, and I love checking out beauty stores and seeking out exclusive or hard-to-find items in different places around the world. Some of my favorite makeup destinations have been the Face Powder and Perfume Museum in Torino, Italy (a surprise find) and the Les Merveilleuses Laduree in Tokyo. I have relied on great tips from other BT/BICers on many of my trips, especially Toronto and Tokyo, so I would love to keep this updated as a resource for BIC.

Please share your discoveries, store reviews, pictures, purchases, and travel tips, and I’ll try to keep and update summaries here in the main post for future reference. If you don’t have a chance for much travel, feel free to share your favorite beauty destinations in your home city. I plan to update with photos below from various trips as I have the chance to organize my archives and update. What do you guys think? Feel free to make suggestions on how to organize this thread, too, it might be a bit of a work in progress. Thanks and happy travels BT/BIC!

Re: The Travel Beauty Thread

Thanks! I was definitely in absolute awe the first time, and it still takes my breath away! There is definitely a problem with littering in Am. Samoa, so that is an issue, but it’s just such beautiful scenery in every direction. 💗💗💗 @Titian06 

@sister13 Beautiful photos! Samoa looks like a magical place.

It is so lush and beautiful! And super hot though, lol! @Mellmars1185 

Some American Samoa pics:

View from hotel room In Utulei, Am SamoaView from hotel room In Utulei, Am Samoa
View from hotel restaurantView from hotel restaurant

View from the family house (fale)View from the family house (fale)

Beach at hotelBeach at hotel

Face mask and requisite fan, it’s SO HOTFace mask and requisite fan, it’s SO HOT

Gardenia sei, smells so amazingGardenia sei, smells so amazing

View of Pago HarborView of Pago Harbor

43FCBA3D-253D-469C-9E02-A4AA20B0284E.jpeg

The villages try to outdo each other with Christmas lights, so many cool displays. This is from a village called Pavai’a’i

33E298C8-022F-4CC2-A8E0-68CEF7A155D0.jpeg

DCF62B45-65AB-4546-9823-33D50D49B17F.jpeg

They say this mountain range looks like a man sleeping (the face from the side) 💤💤💤

886DD9F4-E14E-421F-B9FB-AEA760033D4E.jpeg

EEF1C923-822B-46CF-9AD8-4EDB364274FC.jpeg

Our last evening in Am. Samoa

2C8D9043-8E86-4F5D-B07A-3C530E43D292.jpeg

54668A73-DF32-45E0-B18D-97BE4B0C6D8D.jpeg

@sister13 Amazing!!

Thank you!  @Samtian 

That’s paradise @sister13 !! 😍😍😍😍 Thank you for sharing those gorgeous pictures with us!!! 

Aww you’re welcome! I know it’s not a place many people will probably get to and I’m glad to share the beauty! @Saradestin 

The view from your window was just stunning, @sister13. Scrolling through your photos was very relaxing, looks like is was an amazing trip! 

Thank you! It was pretty awesome! @eshoe 

So here is a few pics from Florence for my 50th Birthday. This is our first trip since the pandemic and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The first pics are of the Official Perfume store of Florence at Santa Maria Novella. @sister13 I know you would love this store, the inside pics cant show how gorgeous the inside of the store was ( almost looked like an old cathedral! Definitely had to purchase a bottle and bring home. The second is a little restaurant we found and loved ( we ate there two times in a row 😁 ) It's funny how the outside while closed can be so plain and then when they open it was soooo cute! We have been to Florence before but I never climbed the Dome, so here are some pics at sunset.

20230527_120250.jpg

20230527_120347.jpg

20230527_120417.jpg

20230527_120450.jpg

20230527_120722.jpg

20230527_120655.jpg

20230527_121311.jpg

20230527_121332.jpg

We visited Forence just as they had finished decorating for Christmas and it was so nice. There were less crowds and the weather was great. It made me book our trip this December to Budapest, Vienna and Prague to see the Christmas Markets and all the European towns decorated for Christmas ( I can't hardly wait !!! ) @Saradestin @curlychiquita @tsavorite @SportyGirly125 @itsfi @blackkitty2014 Just thought of a few people to tag, sorry if I left anyone out. Trying to post before I go outside to plant some flowers!

@Luvstravel What a dream!!

Thanks @Samtian I love to travel and experience new places but also like traveling  back to places, like Florence, just to enjoy with not set inteneria. 

Happy 50th birthday, @Luvstravel! 🧁 Everything looks so beautiful. I'm glad you had a wonderful trip and are already planning your next one! 

Thanks @curlychiquita It was a very relaxing trip 😊

Oh my goodness, @Luvstravel, those Christmas lights are just gorgeous. What a wonderful time that must have been! 

Thanks @eshoe That was the first time I had been overseas and saw how they decorated for Christmas. It was so nice walking the streets of Florence at night and looking at the Christmas decorations.

What a wonderful time to go, @Luvstravel. I don't know how I could wait for the next few months to pass, I imagine your next trip is going to be filled with even more stunning photographs! I hope to see a few of them here. 

Looks like you had an amazing time @Luvstravel !

We had a great relaxing week @Kim888 It was so nice just to have no itinerary and walk around.

Oh wow! Wonderful! I always treasure perfumes/makeup I purchase while traveling! I haven’t been to Florence, it looks beautiful! Those lights are gorgeous.. Happy 50th! 

Ooh, I’m so excited for you to be in Vienna for the Christmas markets! I’ll post some pics at some point from my time there in December a few years back. The markets have stands selling beer and Glühwein and Käsespätzle and Raclette! So yummy! @Luvstravel 

PS: share your flowers in the BIC Plant and Gardening Thread! 💗💗

33 Replies
Photos205
  • Beautiful sunset!
  • Iconic scene along Mariahilfstraße on the River Inn.
  • Mermaid Tails and Fins! Whole racks of them!
  • D3C937C6-07DE-4133-A427-6BF4A1AE802C.jpeg
  • More mermaid-y stuff!
  • Lovely shop Grüne Erde, with Natural Beauty and housewares.
  • Lovely skincare and cosmetics section.
  • The whole place was lovely, I especially loved the bulk herbs at the cashwrap! Sehr schön!
  • Bought a makeup remover and gentle balm cleanser, got samples and a free lavender sachet.
  • 6E5695B7-DF6D-44FC-9742-DF648E454E09.jpeg
  • This Weigano Perfumerie and Kosmetik surprised me. Tiny store front but a long narrow store inside packed floor to ceiling with prestige fragrance, cosmetics and skincare. I could have spent hours here. They had a wonderful German perfumer featured Lengling, and I’m hoarding some samples until I get back to Germany/Austria next time.
  • Weigano.
  • Weigano, the store went back like 3x this length. Heaven!
  • Nägele & Strubell (Nails & Brushes) is another high end Austrian shop/chain. They carried Annick Goutal, and some Middle Eastern fragrances that were new to me. Lots of variety.
  • Oh Canada!
testing