Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Travel Beauty Thread

(January 2023) Thought I’d resurrect this thread, now that there’s a bit more possibility of travel these days! I would love to live vicariously and learn from fellow BICers, so please post any tips, pics, and/or your fave travel minis or routine!  I’m still not doing a lot of travel these days, but may post some pics and notes from past trips.  💗💗💗

—————

Since the old travel thread sadly got lost in the switchover (😢😢😢) it was suggested a while back, and I’ve been meaning to get a new one started. If there is one already for this, let me know. I travel a bit for work and for fun, and I love checking out beauty stores and seeking out exclusive or hard-to-find items in different places around the world. Some of my favorite makeup destinations have been the Face Powder and Perfume Museum in Torino, Italy (a surprise find) and the Les Merveilleuses Laduree in Tokyo. I have relied on great tips from other BT/BICers on many of my trips, especially Toronto and Tokyo, so I would love to keep this updated as a resource for BIC.

Please share your discoveries, store reviews, pictures, purchases, and travel tips, and I’ll try to keep and update summaries here in the main post for future reference. If you don’t have a chance for much travel, feel free to share your favorite beauty destinations in your home city. I plan to update with photos below from various trips as I have the chance to organize my archives and update. What do you guys think? Feel free to make suggestions on how to organize this thread, too, it might be a bit of a work in progress. Thanks and happy travels BT/BIC!

Re: The Travel Beauty Thread

@heartsmyface This mask is so cute!

Best,

Rebecca

@heartsmyface haha, are you twirling your sheetmask mustache?! excellent 🙂 

@MissPuff  Why else do they put a mustache on it if not to twirl it? 😝

@txcatx I’ve done under-eye masks on a few flights. I usually travel with a few, even if I don’t plan to use them on the plane. They’re especially great for early morning flights. Whenever I have a departure before 8 AM, I don’t bother sleeping the night before (I have a hard time forcing myself to sleep before midnight). Under-eye patches help me look less tired when I land. 😄 I don’t always sleep on planes, but when I do, I never worry about under-eye masks sliding off my face. They’re comfy enough for me to sleep with. 

I’ve never done a full sheet mask on a plane, but I have a friend who flies coast to coast several times a year and loves in-flight masking. 

@txcatx  heehee, I've TOTALLY done a full on sheet mask on a plane in regular old economy, a few times! 🙂 I'm absolutely that person 🙂 Generally on longer flights (3+) or red-eyes, so while my seatmates definitely notice, no one has ever actually said anything to me. I've also done overnight/sleep masks before, or the PTR Cucumber or Rose Stem Cell masks (both go on clear, I'll either wipe off with a cleansing cloth, KOH GEN DO - Cleansing Spa Water Cloths or wash my face in the bathroom. Usually the wipe, airplane bathrooms weird me out). Is this for your Madrid/Morocco flight? MIST!!! Face mists and chapstick, so much chapstick 🙂 

@MissPuff  Thanks for the tips! What a coincidence--I just ordered those wipes last week after I read about how great they are! Yeah, I'm not fond of the idea of washing my face in the bathroom of a plane, either.

Okay, definitely packing a mist and my trusty Bite Beauty lip balm. And while I won't put on a full sheet mask, I might just go with a heavy moisturizer and Wander Beauty Baggage Claim Eye Masks 6 x Eye Masks

I'm also about to test out a sample I got in store today of SUMMER FRIDAYS - Jet Lag Mask which I'm hoping will be a good, non-sheet mask option!

@txcatx  The Koh Gen Doh wipes are my favorite, I actually feel like they clean my face without leaving any tackiness. Kinda pricey but they make me feel fancy 🙂 

Gold eye patches! Have a great trip 🙂 

Soooo... I'm in Barcelona and the city center Sephora here:

a) is the biggest one I've ever seen in my life

b) has a TWISTY SLIDE next to the entrance escalators, if you just have to get inside faster

c) no seriously, it's almost the length of a city block. The Vegas stores have nothing on this place 0_o

Also, they carry La Prairie and Sisley here... Sephora North America is holding out on us, haha.

IMG_20190216_202548.jpg

IMG_20190216_202720.jpg

IMG_20190216_202907.jpg

@fieldsofclover WOW! How cool! Thanks for sharing 🙂

Best,

Rebecca

@fieldsofclover Holy shirt, that's a massive store. Is it multiple stories? Would be fun to slide to each story if that's the case lol

I'm heading to Barcelona in a couple weeks and this looks amazing!  I totally have to check it out now.  Thanks for sharing @fieldsofclover 

Ahh, I think I’m going in early May! So close! @michelleshops 

We keep missing each other @sister13 One day!

Haha I know! 💕💕💕 @michelleshops 

Haha I know! 💕💕💕 @michelleshops 

@fieldsofclover I went to the Sephora in Barcelona years ago and it was the biggest one I've ever seen...so far. Lots of different and interesting brands, too. I could spend my whole day there. <3333

@fieldsofclover  Wow! Retail space in Barcelona isn’t cheap so it’s surprising tho cool to see a slide in the store. How are items priced compared to their US counterpart? 

Oh how wonderful, I’ll be there once or twice this year! Yay!!! @fieldsofclover 

holy wow @fieldsofclover that is amazing!! how much fun a...

holy wow @fieldsofclover that is amazing!! how much fun are you having??

@fieldsofclover  😮😍 I’ve wanted to visit Barcelona for decades. Now I can add yet another reason to go. 

@fieldsofclover  This is EPIC! Yet another reason to visit Barca 🙂 

Photos205
  • Beautiful sunset!
  • Iconic scene along Mariahilfstraße on the River Inn.
  • Mermaid Tails and Fins! Whole racks of them!
  • D3C937C6-07DE-4133-A427-6BF4A1AE802C.jpeg
  • More mermaid-y stuff!
  • Lovely shop Grüne Erde, with Natural Beauty and housewares.
  • Lovely skincare and cosmetics section.
  • The whole place was lovely, I especially loved the bulk herbs at the cashwrap! Sehr schön!
  • Bought a makeup remover and gentle balm cleanser, got samples and a free lavender sachet.
  • 6E5695B7-DF6D-44FC-9742-DF648E454E09.jpeg
  • This Weigano Perfumerie and Kosmetik surprised me. Tiny store front but a long narrow store inside packed floor to ceiling with prestige fragrance, cosmetics and skincare. I could have spent hours here. They had a wonderful German perfumer featured Lengling, and I’m hoarding some samples until I get back to Germany/Austria next time.
  • Weigano.
  • Weigano, the store went back like 3x this length. Heaven!
  • Nägele & Strubell (Nails & Brushes) is another high end Austrian shop/chain. They carried Annick Goutal, and some Middle Eastern fragrances that were new to me. Lots of variety.
  • Oh Canada!
testing