Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Travel Beauty Thread

(January 2023) Thought I’d resurrect this thread, now that there’s a bit more possibility of travel these days! I would love to live vicariously and learn from fellow BICers, so please post any tips, pics, and/or your fave travel minis or routine!  I’m still not doing a lot of travel these days, but may post some pics and notes from past trips.  💗💗💗

—————

Since the old travel thread sadly got lost in the switchover (😢😢😢) it was suggested a while back, and I’ve been meaning to get a new one started. If there is one already for this, let me know. I travel a bit for work and for fun, and I love checking out beauty stores and seeking out exclusive or hard-to-find items in different places around the world. Some of my favorite makeup destinations have been the Face Powder and Perfume Museum in Torino, Italy (a surprise find) and the Les Merveilleuses Laduree in Tokyo. I have relied on great tips from other BT/BICers on many of my trips, especially Toronto and Tokyo, so I would love to keep this updated as a resource for BIC.

Please share your discoveries, store reviews, pictures, purchases, and travel tips, and I’ll try to keep and update summaries here in the main post for future reference. If you don’t have a chance for much travel, feel free to share your favorite beauty destinations in your home city. I plan to update with photos below from various trips as I have the chance to organize my archives and update. What do you guys think? Feel free to make suggestions on how to organize this thread, too, it might be a bit of a work in progress. Thanks and happy travels BT/BIC!

Re: RE: The Travel Beauty Thread

@EmiAUH, I wasn’t in Paris, I spent more time in Southern & central France, but definitely developed a love for more luxe perfumes while visiting France. The perfumeries were my favorite, including Annick Goutal, The Different Company (a French company but a shop owner told me they felt using an American name was « très chic »), Frederic Malle, to name a few! Looks like you got some amazing stuff, thanks for the great recommendation! 

You’re definitely right that France has some great perfumeries! I think I’ve pretty much stopped buying perfumes rom any other country since I’ve been. 

@EmiAUH Wow! That’s so awesome! Sounds like I need to plan a trip there someday 😁 You should post up your haul in the haul thread! I’d love to see what you got! 

Thanks! And you really should go, Paris is amazing. This trip was from a while ago and I’ve moved since then, but i’ll see what I can find from this particular trip an post like you suggested. 

I'm glad you had a successful Paris shopping trip, @EmiAUH!

It’s always a successful shopping trip in Paris! Too successful...

@EmiAUH Oh wow!! You look great!!

Thank you 😊 

Stunning @EmiAUH thanks for sharing!

No problem! I’ve done my share of shopping around the world haha

Re: The Travel Beauty Thread

Hi Everyone!

I will be traveling to Seattle in a few days for my birthday.  I'd appreciate any travel tips you guys have for the area and I would also love to check out any beauty stores or beauty related things.  I am visiting from a small town in the midwest.  Thanks!! 

Welcome to the Emerald City @CakesCakes! I just PM’d you. 

Hmm, I hope some will respond with some options for you - I don't know much about Seattle for beauty destinations, but I'm guessing there must be some great options there, it's such a beautiful area in general.

If not, then hopefully you can take some photos and notes for the next time! Happy Birthday and have a great trip! Sounds like fun! @CakesCakes

@sister13 Thank you so much❤️ We just landed and the views are so beautiful already! 

@CakesCakes, just want to wish you happy birthday and a great trip. I was there couple times probably 15 yrs ago so I don’t remember much. But Pike Market is a must.

@blackkitty2014 Thank you! ❤️

@CakesCakes  Oh, I hope you have a Happy Birthday and a great trip!! I've never been there,  but hope you get to check out all the sites and few beauty spots!! Take care and enjoy!!😊🛩

@yankeefaithful Thank you!  It's been a busy summer and fall for me.  I'm looking forward to a nice trip away from home and work! 

@CakesCakes Happy Birthday!!!  A definite must is the Space Needle and Pikes Place.

@SportyGirly125 Thank you!  Those are on my list!  I'm excited for all the food in Seattle! haha

@CakesCakes The salmon there is one of the best I have tried.

Photos205
  • Beautiful sunset!
  • Iconic scene along Mariahilfstraße on the River Inn.
  • Mermaid Tails and Fins! Whole racks of them!
  • D3C937C6-07DE-4133-A427-6BF4A1AE802C.jpeg
  • More mermaid-y stuff!
  • Lovely shop Grüne Erde, with Natural Beauty and housewares.
  • Lovely skincare and cosmetics section.
  • The whole place was lovely, I especially loved the bulk herbs at the cashwrap! Sehr schön!
  • Bought a makeup remover and gentle balm cleanser, got samples and a free lavender sachet.
  • 6E5695B7-DF6D-44FC-9742-DF648E454E09.jpeg
  • This Weigano Perfumerie and Kosmetik surprised me. Tiny store front but a long narrow store inside packed floor to ceiling with prestige fragrance, cosmetics and skincare. I could have spent hours here. They had a wonderful German perfumer featured Lengling, and I’m hoarding some samples until I get back to Germany/Austria next time.
  • Weigano.
  • Weigano, the store went back like 3x this length. Heaven!
  • Nägele & Strubell (Nails & Brushes) is another high end Austrian shop/chain. They carried Annick Goutal, and some Middle Eastern fragrances that were new to me. Lots of variety.
  • Oh Canada!
testing