Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

The Throwback Thread!!!

I've been thinking about the "good old days" a lot lately and having a lot of flashbacks of things I used to love or find funny. So I thought I'd start a thread to share our favs from the past whenever the moment hits. Anything and everything welcomed!

6057-24846-1.jpg

Re: The Throwback Thread!!!

That's so cool! I've never been able to buy Kevyn Aucoin products because just seeing his name makes me sad. 

That is an amazing memory!  He was an icon! ❤️

I know these crayons are still very popular among kids, but I thought this new product is super cute!! It'll make me feel like I really am "drawing" my makeup on. Smiley Wink 

XOXO,
Marieke

Those Clinique Crayola Chubby Sticks are so cute!  I haven't bought any yet, but I was thinking the same thing - they would be super fun to use! Smiley Happy @MariekeBT

@Tamara76 it'd be funny if someone got confused as to why you're putting a crayon on your lips! Smiley Wink 

XOXO,
Marieke

Lol! Smiley Wink

you guys all of the women's marches and protests have gotten me all fired up again! i was a super riot grrrl in the late 90's/2000's, and all i want to do is listen to bikini kill/L7/sleater-kinney. did anyone else like them?bk.jpg

Some Too Faced throwback

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 4.37.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-02-02 at 4.38.05 PM.png

@VeronikaK  Here is my TF throwback!!!  I can't believe I still have this! 16468918_1080357685444265_1858321825_n.jpg

Nice @luvgloss13! Smiley Happy

I just went to my storage and found boxes and boxes of old makeup! I must of threw away about 3 large hefty bags. I am sad I didn't keep it for this thread. I do have some pics somewhere though...

I did keep a few items that meant a lot to be back in the day. Does anyone remember this Dior packaging?

This was my favorite quint. It is called Blanc on Blanc and seems to be on trend now! It is all whites that shift purple, green, pink, gold and blue!

What surprised me is : I. HIT. PAN. LOL. Smiley Surprised

This is circa 1996. My birthday is coming up and yes I am old!

16466993_1080357628777604_2069910210_n.jpg

@luvgloss13, I remember this Dior packaging as well, especially the lipsticks, which were a favorite! I am old too, lol! ❤

@angel7594 YAY! LOL. #oldheads we are like fine wine baby. Smiley Wink

I love your kitty. 

@luvgloss13, Thanks! I wish it was my kitty, just a photo I loved. Smiley Happy

Aww. I adore all cat pics. Look at that smug face! Smiley Happy

Those look like some great products @luvgloss13 and good on you for hitting pan too Smiley Wink

No you aren't old, you are young with years of experience Smiley Happy

@virgo87 Yesss I like that, I am experienced! lol Smiley Wink

@luvgloss13 Wow, what a trip down memory lane! Are those the Dior palettes with the blue packaging that had a stripe?

You just reminded me of some of my first makeup items. I got some Too Faced diamond shimmer (I think I may have it somewhere) and some CoverGirl and Maybelline when I was a teenager. Lots of creative times full of crazy looks but isnt that what its all about? Smiley Happy

My favorite items were a red Dior lipstick and Dior eyeshadow I got as a gift. They both came in stripped blue packaging reminiscent of the 90s. I hid them from my sisters so they wouldn't use them. Funny how some things don't change Smiley Tongue 

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 5.30.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 5.22.42 PM.png

YESSSS that is the packaging. I worked for Dior then. 

It was my first cosmetic company job that started my career. I will always love Dior!

My first high end lipstick was Chanel MINK . I saved up for it like crazy. I wanted it sooo bad. 

That is so funny you hid them from your sisters, lol.

I had to hide my makeup from the drag queens in my class! OMG, remember Angel face? I got everyine using this in 8th grade. I am still bff's with the guys that I got wearing this! We still laugh about it. Please post any pics you find. I LOVE this so much. d29d5998bfa940d5a5cdfad7141ec8a7.jpg

@luvgloss13 That is amazing! I would love hear more about your work with Dior. I have always loved that brand along with Chanel.

My first Chanel lipstick was the shade "Lilac Sky" and I got it in high school. I purchased another one a few years ago after I hunted it down (its been discontinued for a while). Smiley Happy

@trishavt @luvgloss13

@angel7594

I pulled out these lovelies after seeing this thread! I had these two minis in bright reds and the middle one is a shimmery baby frosty pink. They have that classic lipstick smell and taste. Clearly I don't believe in expired makeup, lol.IMG_0045.JPG

IMG_0044.JPG

IMG_0050.JPG

2 Replies