Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I shopped with Too Faced the other day and made an account with Borderfree (during the checkout process on the TF site it asked whether I had a Borderfree account or not so I decided to make one but don't really know why haha). So my order isn't showing up under the Too Faced site at all but rather under Borderfree. What's the point in me having a Borderfree account at all to begin with? I don't even know why I made the account lol (since the Too Faced site already declared what my duties/taxes were at checkout and that they work with Borderfree). I don't believe I had to.

Odd right: I made the account but I'm asking you all why? Just wondering what the benefits are and if anyone has experience with Borderfree's site?

Are we calling when we call the ROUGE LINE???

I am noticing  not so clear phone connections.

Anyone else..........?  

Do orders from the Zoya website take a while to ship? I made an order on the 26th and it still hasn't been sent out. Smiley Sad

Edit: Found out there is a 2-4 week delay for orders using a promo code. I just hope my order arrives by the 25th since most of the items are holiday gifts. 

Please let me know if you have ever used SkinMedica TNS Essential Serum.  I'm so curious and tempted.  Skincare websites that sell it have good reviews, but makeupalley is a little bit mixed. 

I ordered from Foreo on Cyber Monday and got a shipping confirmation yesterday. The package is leaving a warehouse in China though ... does anyone have a guess for how long it'll take to reach me?

Has anyone bought the Lorac Black Tie Attire and/or the Lorac Dance 'Til Dawn Eye & Cheek Palette from Ulta? If so, what do you think of them? And are they different enough to warrant both? I'm on the fence about getting them and would love some feedback.

Edit: Ended up getting both plus the Tails & Top Hats Palette. I am weak.  

Does anyone have an idea if any site has a good givenchy or fragrance GWP? Need to get my mom Live Irresistible for her Christmas basket (I may have spaced it until now) Been combing the beautytalk posts and google and am not finding anything. Ulta says GWP on the fragrance but nothing comes up when I add it to my bag. The Givenchy site doesn't appear to have anything. Wondering if I should just brave the mall and check fragrance counters but ewww, don't wanna. Thank you in advance for any thoughts or input. Cross posted for efficacy.

Does anyone have experience with Laura Geller CS? One of my blushes from the sale arrived totally shattered. Their FAQ page says to send an email to their CS address with pics to address this issue, but I'm concerned about the interaction with this vs their policy of no returns/exchanges for sale purchases. Surely they wouldn't tell me I'm SOL for an unusable product, right??

Also, any info about response times would be appreciated. I emailed on Saturday, so I'm not expecting a reply until tomorrow (Monday) at the earliest regardless, but if anybody knows about days vs weeks...

So, I found this http://www.sephora.com/moisture-intense-oil-creme-pre-shampoo-treatment-P401403?skuId=1764919 on Amazon for half the price. Usually I would suspect it to be fake but the seller had 5 stars and it was shipped by Amazon. The bottle looks legit but, is there a sure way to confirm?

Has anyone else seen the Total Control Drop Foundation NYX release recently? Thoughts? I envision them to be a drugstore option of the Cover FX drops but could just be dreaming lol. 

I picked up the new Loreal Total Cover foundation in store last night while picking up a few last minute things. I wanted to get the NYX drops too but they only had the darkest shade left. 

On the Beauty Talk home page, the left hand side bar shows the number of users online.. what does that really mean?

Right now it says there are 52,000 users online; does that actually mean there are that many people browsing the forums or is it counting those on the main Sephora website? lol

I'm kinda confused in on the This order extends your VIB status through 2018 can someone please explain I'm lost lol Smiley Happy

This isn't really a serious question, just casual curiosity, but I was reading through some articles on 2017 beauty and fashion trends and saw this:

I guess I was just wondering what you all thought about this and if any of you have tried it???

Does anyone know if Sephora will be getting the new shades of the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea foundation?

Fun question: I'm new to Sephora's rewards program (3 short months!), so I'm wondering what sorts of goodies you ladies have had in the Rewards Bazaar in the past. So here is the question: what is your all-time favorite point reward, and how many points was it? 

My favorite so far is the Milk Makeup Long-Weekend set, which was 5000 pts

Does anyone know if there's any asia exclusive makeup that's been released?  

Lately my foundation has been rubbing off really easily but only on my nose. This has been going on for a while now and I'm thinking I may need to switch foundations (I've been using Tartes amazonian clay foundation and set it with Laura Mercier translucent powder). I've tried switching up primers and it still continues to happen. Does anyone have any suggestions for preventing this and a new foundation suggestion? Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone! This is totally non-beauty related but I hope someone can help as I have no idea what I'm doing.

So, does anyone know where I can find Sennheiser Momentum Wireless headphones at a discounted price? My friend lost hers and she's had a pretty rough month so far and I wanna surprise her. I never thought headphones could be this expensive haha!

Hi all. This is the first year in recent times that I have not qualified for the rouge level (not due any fiscal responsibility on my behalf  but simply because we now have sephora in Australia)   Thankfully, I can still access the rouge section of beauty talk, which is one of my favorite 'perks'. So, does anyone know if/when I'll be denied access?  My status on the regular site has re-set to VIB. I intend to gatecrash as long as I can because if I combine my US and Australian spend, I meet quota.

Oh, and I love all the puppies. 

My loves are not displaying anymore when I use desktop on my iPhone.  Is this happening to anyone else?

Any primer/skincare/setting powder recommendations for fine lines? I'm only 24 but have a long one in the laugh line area, and some little ones that whisker out from the bottom of my nostrils. 

I use the PTR Unwrinkle Turbo Toning Lotion. It helps but I'm not great about using it every night. I guess I'm mainly seeking a primer that I can use quickly. I have a DS of that tarte one in a jar (smoothing primer?), but it doesn't seem to help with lines. 

Has anyone here used both the PTR Retinol Fusion PM (1.5% retinol) AND the PTR 3% Retinoid Plus?

I'm re-adding a retinol to my routine to help combat hormonal acne. I've finished the 3% retinoid sample and have started to use the 1.5% retinol and my skin has definitely improved! Red marks from past blemishes are fading, and no new red bumps so far.

I'm not seeing a huge difference between the 2 products, so now I'm undecided on which to buy first. The retinoid is supposed to help with minimizing irritation, but because retinoid doesn't seem to be as strong (or proven through research) I'm not sure if I should use the 3% retinoid until my skin gets used to it and move to the 1.5% retinol, or if that would be pointless.

Basically, I'm trying to plan so that if my skin gets used to the one product, I can "step up" to the other and continue seeing results. I've read articles that basically said once the OTC treatments become ineffective on your skin, the next step up should be prescription retinol products. Would like to avoid that if possible (last time, took me 4 months just to get a derm appointment for a cortisone shot which was no longer needed by the time I got the appointment). Plus I'm not even 30, so how many years will I need to keep "stepping up" before I can't any more?

Your thoughts, please?

Has anyone used rhassoul clay as a hair mask? I was browsing on IG last night and an account I follow that focuses on organic products and health was talking about the benefits of rhassoul clay. I'm curious what you think! I already bought a bag; when I read that it helps against hair loss/shedding, my fiance perked up and was interested.

I deleted my other thread because its true, not every question needs its own thread!

Just wondering if anyone has been using any sort of parcel forwarding service on here? I really want to get my hands on the Drunk Elephant Baby Facial, however it will not be available in Canada. I'm just wondering if any other Canadian peeps have found a service to get around this? Any info/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! PM me if need be Smiley Happy

Anyone know whether light-medium honey or light sand in Tarte's shape tape concealer would be closer to 4Y04/3Y05?

5,224 Replies