Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

Another question: Does Sleek not show their cosmetics prices in USD anymore? I think they used to have an option for it...

Spoiler

What are brands that are non comedogenic?

How long does everyone's orders usually take to get to the 'shipped' stage? Sometimes it seems very quick and other times it seems to take a day or maybe even more. I'm just curious, does anyone else notice a big variation or do your orders always ship quickly? I also noticed that they don't say 'sent to warehouse' any more. I guess they changed that..

Mod! What is the shade of lipstick the model is wearing in the latest Sephora YouTube video (highlighting tips with David)? I'm in love that rose shade. If someone could find out for me, that'd be greatly appreciated!

Hello Mods!

Can someone find out what the new SF Fragrance Samplers are redeeming for?  Thank you! 

safthegiraffe to my knowledge, points don't change your status only amount spent which makes sense because in theory someone could spend $250 in a 4x multiplier event and make Rouge again hope that helps!

Ok for those who were interested, I got my kitty balls and theyre SOOOO CUTE!!! Sadly they got tossed around a lot and some of the balls broke a bit and powder was everywhere but kitties are still intact lol. I ordered from Beauty Bay exactly two weeks ago and just got it. I love them!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Are the Tarte paint pots limited edition?

I was hoping to buy a couple (especially cobalt) when it's the November 20% sale, but I don't wanna miss out on it and have it go OOS before I get one.

Is it okay to wait until November, or should I buy it now?

Has any Canadian ordered LORAC off Amazon.com?

If so, were there duties etc involved?

i'm regretting not buying the becca j hill face palette, because now i want rose spritz all of a sudden... i remember that there was some grumbling about the formula being different. does anyone know where that discussion was? also, is the formula different for the spilts, because i think i want prosecco pop and it was never a single either as far as i'm aware of. thanks!

not a question or anything but i wanted to say ive miss Beauty Talk and all you ladies!!!!! Smiley Very Happy 

mine too..

Anyone that has the Kat Von D Metal Matte palette: how is the formula? Are the metallic shades good quality? How 'limited' is this palette supposed to be lol...I know the UD Spectrum Palette last year was super duper 'limited' and we all saw how that worked out -_-

I am looking for swatches or an review of the Full On Lip Polish in the shade 'Hannah' from Buxom.upload_1680527527094577096.jpg

Has anyone tried that Wunderbrow product? I keep seeing advertisements for it, and have to admit I'm intrigued!

I need your help.  My makeup transfers are getting pretty bad and I need some recommendations.  I use the Smashbox 15 HR Hydration foundation that lasts all day.  I set it with either Lancomes Absolue Powder in Almond which is AMAZING but I think this is part of the reason why my foundation transfers to clothes (the powder is tinted).  I also sometimes use the Laura Mercier transluscent powder but I feel like it leaves my face looking white after much buffing and it slightly does a better job then the Absolue powder.  

I have tried make up setting sprays but I have oily skin and I feel like the sprays add to it.

Am I crazy to believe that makeup is suppose to transfer? 

I think I may order some shu uemura eyeshadows.... Has anyone here tried those little guys? How do you think they compare to urban decay, tom ford, mufe, laura mercier, etc? Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Has anyone ever had an order shipped from Sephora with no tracking included? This is the first for me...

I placed two orders - one right after the other. Order with the tracking already arrived, but the other hasn't. I contacted CS through Live Chat and Facebook to see if I can get tracking, but they said they'll just update me when they have more information regarding the shipment. I initially thought that maybe the two orders would be packaged together, but nope!

For those of you who have been to brand events, is it worth it? Or is it like seeing a Sephora cast member? Is it always a $50 min buy-in (even if you're rouge)?

i have a chance to go to a Marc Jacobs event, but not sure I like the required $50 buy in according to the cast member I talked to.,.i went to a smashbox event once and had a makeover where I was not *required* to spend that much (but did to get a free GWP)...

just curous to see what yalls thoughts are

Does anyone have swatches of the Lancome foundation stick? Or has anyone with oily skin used it, what do you think of it?

Turned 27 a month ago. While I'm not showing a ton of signs of aging, I want to start shifting part of my skin care toward anti-aging. Specifically looking at adding a retinol treatment or something similar, either a serum or toning pad, as well as a neck and decollete moisturizer and eye cream. I'm trying to address the first signs of expression lines (top of my forehead, crows feet, 11 lines) and the dreaded tech neck. My skin is normal and not sensitive, and I have very minimal complexion issues. 

I'm looking for advice from women who are in my age group (25-30) with similar skin and have started using anti-aging products in their skin care regime. What products have you been using that have either halted the signs of aging or have reversed the minimal aging you've seen? I'm pretty open to different brands/products, but I currently use Josie Maran and Philosophy products. I know Josie Maran doesn't have any retinol products, but Philosophy has a couple of anti-aging lines and other brands obviously do as well. 

Thanks in advance! 

5,198 Replies