Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

Has anyone tried the new Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation stick?

The coverage looks crazy, but I'm skeptical about wear on sweaty, oily skin and if there's even a good match for how green-olive I am.

Does anyone know what happened to the Bare Mineral's Ready powder foundation line?  It's not available at/on Sephora.  I see there's something called BarePro the brand just launched exclusive to Ulta.  Not sure if they're phasing it out and replacing Ready with that only at Ulta.

Update from my question regarding contacting Omorovicza customer service:  They sent out another full size Instant Plumping Mask that had been a gwp and a second set of samples. The customer service was excellent. I think they really were trying to make me happy as a customer and stated that they had sent information to manufacturing about the problem I had with it being melted and leaking out. However, the replacement they sent was again melted and the top was barely screwed on at all. (sigh) I would be embarrassed to say anything at this point because A) it was a gwp and B) I don't really have confidence at this point that another jar would not come exactly the same way.

If anyone had been interested in purchasing this product, I personally like it very much. It is so hard for me to find products I'm not allergic to or have a breakout from and this is a winner for me. BUT I would not recommend purchasing this product in the summer. I really hope that if I got it again during cooler weather I would not have this kind of problem.

That being said, I made my purchase so that I could get this product to use as a moisturizer. Is this a lost cause? Or could I still use it even if it had been melted? I am so bummed right now...

I have a MUFE waterproof lipliner pencil in color 3c that I like. I am looking for a lipgloss to put on top of it. I do not care about the brand as long as it is kinda longwearing and not too sticky. Do you have any idea of a colour I could you use? Thank you

http://www.sephora.com/aqua-lip-waterproof-lipliner-pencil-P183919?skuId=1005446&icid2=products%20gr...

Has anyone tried the Stila MATTE'ificent Lipsticks? Do you like them?

Is anyone else having issues with BT/ the Sephora site in general?   The links on any given page only work if I open them in new tabs or windows, I can't open spoilers, and I have only been able to post via my phone after refreshing the page a couple times. 

These issues are across all of my devices (phone, computer, ipad) and different Web browsers (safari & Google Chrome).

I tried clearing my browsing history and resigning into the site across each device with no luck. Any help much appreciated. 

Is it just me or is anyone else having trouble with the Mac website? Iv tried to get on it all day, and when I do it puts me on the Canada website (I live in the U.S. Btw) and every time I go to change it to the United States website it just brings me right back to the Canada one! Lol silly Mac, just put me on the right website and take my money! Smiley Happy

Ever tried Casmara masks? not a sheet but super Luxe. My hubby calls them his SUPERMASK treatment.

Is it normal to have only one dark circle under the right eye? The skin seems thinner and looks more puffy. I also noticed that  the right eye also gets redder than the other,  after waking up, smoking or exposure to hot shower for too long. My left eye only has a minor, barely noticeable dark circle.

I'm wondering if it's merely a cosmetic concern or something I should be seeking medical attention for. I noticed I've had this for about two years now. 

Skincare question. @jemly I might need you!

If I used AHA, BHA, & retinol daily last year BUT:

- stopped using retinol for at least 6 months ( maybe one application every week or two if I remember or felt like it)

- backed off of the AHA to 3-4 times per week a couple of months ago (for no particular reason other than to make room for testing other products)

AND I were to reintroduce them again for daily use would I maybe need to work up to it so my skin will tolerate daily use again? (I have been keeping up with the BHA so no issues with that one)

The reason I ask is the last week has been h3ll for my skin. I broke out with 3 massive zits in my t-zone (typical breakout zone) and started developing really tiny clusters of bumps and a few light red spots in my normal non-breakout areas like upper outer cheek and around my jaw line. It started off as small patches of dryness but I've upped the hydration in those areas and though the flakiness has subsided the texture has remained. They are not too noticeable but since I normally have little to no skin texture, it's noticeable to me especially in certain natural light settings. Oddly enough, the right side of my face seems to have more texture than the left side (and yes, I have cleaned my sheets and pillow cases).

I know there are other possible contributing factors as well. Since mid July I had been dealing with back pain, not sleeping too well due to the pain and taking pregabalin/Lyrica & Tylenol 3 for pain which I'm fairly sure are culprits--I stopped taking these 4-5 days ago when my zits popped up and were in full force. Around the same time my back pain started 2 weeks ago, I also tested a few new products, and I started reintroducing AHA to my PM routine as well as DDG's Clinical Hydration Booster which contains low levels of AHA/BHA (according to Paula's Choice is probably too low to do anything) as well as retinol.

When I stopped taking medication I also backed off on the new products (with the exception of the AHA and DDG which remain) even though I'm fairly certain the new products are not the culprits. I vaguely remember seeing a similar texture on my skin last year when I started using retinol and BHA, but I'm not 100% sure.

Has anyone picked up the MUFE Volume 4 palette?  I was excited for a matte palette, but the reviews are poor so far. There are a lot of complaints about the quality not matching up to the full size product. If anyone has it, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

Ok here's my random Q. Does anyone know if Kevyn aucoin reformulated their candlelight powder when they redid it to the gold pkg

i recently ordered from Dermstore and thought with the discount I'd get a b/u bc it's one of my favorites and it's so small as is. Not only is the color different but even the formula was so powdery with kick up , even tho it was very smooth. I think mine was in a red and black box , so I think I've had it for a few years now 

Mine on the left , new on right 

Spoiler

Does anyone own Bobbi Brown's highlight in Afternoon glow- how do you like it if you do?

Another question: Does Sleek not show their cosmetics prices in USD anymore? I think they used to have an option for it...

Spoiler

What are brands that are non comedogenic?

How long does everyone's orders usually take to get to the 'shipped' stage? Sometimes it seems very quick and other times it seems to take a day or maybe even more. I'm just curious, does anyone else notice a big variation or do your orders always ship quickly? I also noticed that they don't say 'sent to warehouse' any more. I guess they changed that..

Mod! What is the shade of lipstick the model is wearing in the latest Sephora YouTube video (highlighting tips with David)? I'm in love that rose shade. If someone could find out for me, that'd be greatly appreciated!

Hello Mods!

Can someone find out what the new SF Fragrance Samplers are redeeming for?  Thank you! 

safthegiraffe to my knowledge, points don't change your status only amount spent which makes sense because in theory someone could spend $250 in a 4x multiplier event and make Rouge again hope that helps!

Ok for those who were interested, I got my kitty balls and theyre SOOOO CUTE!!! Sadly they got tossed around a lot and some of the balls broke a bit and powder was everywhere but kitties are still intact lol. I ordered from Beauty Bay exactly two weeks ago and just got it. I love them!

Are the Tarte paint pots limited edition?

I was hoping to buy a couple (especially cobalt) when it's the November 20% sale, but I don't wanna miss out on it and have it go OOS before I get one.

Is it okay to wait until November, or should I buy it now?

Has any Canadian ordered LORAC off Amazon.com?

If so, were there duties etc involved?

i'm regretting not buying the becca j hill face palette, because now i want rose spritz all of a sudden... i remember that there was some grumbling about the formula being different. does anyone know where that discussion was? also, is the formula different for the spilts, because i think i want prosecco pop and it was never a single either as far as i'm aware of. thanks!

not a question or anything but i wanted to say ive miss Beauty Talk and all you ladies!!!!! Smiley Very Happy 

mine too..

5,224 Replies