Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

If you'd like to be enabled, the Bobbi Brown single is only a few dollars less than the KVD palette...

Mufe m928

Does anyone know what lipstick this is? Or something very close to this blue-violet shade?

d6959cae03755e26cf656a8002427a98.jpg

Hmm.  I don't know what specific shade this is, but there is a user @ilovetopurplefy who would wear beautiful saturated colors like this.

She may have some suggestions Smiley Wink

Thank you!

Welcome!  

I haven't seen her around lately, so I don't know if she'll answer, but IIRC one of the brands she wore a lot of is Coloured Raine so you may want to check there, too.

Oh Mocha, you have the answer to everything. XD That isn't a brand I've heard of, so I definitely need to check them out!

It is close to KVD liquid lipstick in Echo but Echo has a lesser violet and more bluish tone.

Maybe Mac Gunner? @36524

LA Splash Criminal? 

That pic floats around the internet a lot and that's not the original lip color of the pic either. The one below is. It was even in a Bite video for inspiration.  So the color above has been photoshoped and not an actual product although you could try and find something similar.  Just wanted to let you know so you know it's actually not a product.  I'd check DupeThat IG page. They post a lot of bold colors Smiley Happy

Blue-lips.jpg

Ugh. Kind of annoying. But makes a lot more sense than that amazing color being real. Thank you sooo much, veronika, I wouldn't have known. :/

yeah it is Smiley Sad  doesn't mean you can't find something similar. I'd start by looking at swatches on Dupethat's IG account and Temptalia's swatch gallery. Some of the new UD could be close. Good luck. If I see something I'll come back and post Smiley Wink

ETA. KVD is coming out with more liquid lipsticks. Maybe that top purple swatch could be close IRL?

Screen Shot 2016-06-08 at 7.45.27 AM.png

Colourpop could be another place to look. Below is ColourPop So Wavy Ultra Satin Liquid Lipstick but I'd look at all the swatched... it looks very different in different/pics lights.

colourpop_sowavy004.jpg

Maybe also look at the lip swatch on IG.  Could find something there.

I did check out ColourPop, and there's one from Pretty Zombie that looks kinda close, too. I actually ordered the NYX "Immortal" lipstick because it's a cheap version. If I like that color on me, I intend to try and find something long-wearing. Thank you so much for all of your suggestions, my search is definitely not over. Lol

@36524 I got the little lipstick sample booklet from Urban Decay and the lipstick I played around with last night looks a LOT like this color.  It's called Pandemonium.  I mean, it may look different on everyones lips but it looked kinda like this photo on mine! 

Ohhh, interesting! I'm pretty light-medium olive, so I think it would look very grape on me, but that color is amazing, the swatches do really vary!

If you watch emilynoel83's youtube review of the Maybelline Loaded Bolds collection, her swatches of the purple one and the blue one make me think that you could mix the two of them together and get something really similar to this color.

sorry, i posted the reply in the wrong place before! this looks very close to Limecrime Velvetine in Pansy

upload_5366591447426393442.jpg

5,198 Replies