Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Matte lipstick question: what is your favorite formula? (...

Matte lipstick question: what is your favorite formula? (liquid or traditional)

Re: Matte lipstick question: what is your favorite formula? (...

@36524 I tend to prefer bullet mattes to liquid mattes. The only matte liquid lipstick I've found that doesn't look like dried concrete on me is KVD, but there are other bullets/crayons I like. UD Vice and Bite Matte Creme are my favorite formulas. 

PS - Thanks for using the Question Thread! This is what it's for 😁

Re: Matte lipstick question: what is your favorite formula? (...

@36524 You're welcome!

The Vice Comfort Matte line be a good place to start. They are matte but not too matte so you get the look without the feel. At least, I do! 

@alexasteph And thank YOU for your thoughts! While I find...

@alexasteph And thank YOU for your thoughts! While I find Bite mattes drying, I have yet to try Vice. 🤔

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

Don't have a question... just hoping to make this thread a bit more visable for all the misc. questions starting to pop up. 

Not sure which Too Faced palette you should get? Ask here!

Looking for a new skin care product to treat the changing texture of your face? We can help!

Confused about a Sephora policy? Someone can clarify!

Hopefully this will help open up the homepage a bit. I'd love nothing more than to see BIC become a true BT 2.0. When this thread was started it cleaned up the threads A TON so let's get back to using it. 

RE: Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

Good thinking @alexasteph! Hopefully keeping it current will help get some of those questions answered faster!

Re: RE: Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

@fairlywell Well I'm trying! Haha. Since I bumped this thread I've seen about 6 threads with questions TOTALLY appropriate here. Maybe it will catch on! Here's to hoping *fingers crossed*

RE: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

Any recommendations for a brush to use for setting your whole face?

I'm having the worst time deciding on the YAYTEN code. Do I buy something I wouldn't buy normally? Or something that's a staple? I could go with the CJ Walker hair mask and tarte bb cream, or the Sephora Pro Cool palette and brushes? What if I don't like the Sephora Pro? But buying staples is so boring.

@liv545, I would go with a staple or something you are confident you will love and keep. If you end up needing to return the item(s) purchased, I doubt you will have the opportunity to use it again (it will be at the discretion of CS).

Has anyone played with the Huda Rose Gold palette? I've heard it's been discontinued and if it's worth it want to snag it before it's gone. 

StephaniLynn wrote:

Has anyone played with the Huda Rose Gold palette? I've heard it's been discontinued and if it's worth it want to snag it before it's gone. 

@StephaniLynn  I have this palette and love it!   The colors are beautiful and the different textures are a lot of fun! 💗

If you get it:  I do find it best to apply the chunkier glitter shades with my finger instead of a brush.

@Tamara76 thank you! I've been reading tons of reviews so I think i'm getting it. Thank you for the tip on the glitters!

Thanks so much @mrsbaine @darkiceis @suzyo @skcfan I will go for it then!

I am wondering if anyone has experience ordering from Dermstore. They seem legit but there were some sketchy reviews/complaints that came up as well when I Googled. It would be a good deal for my Drunk Elephant serum but I wanted to check that they are not scam-ish first.

@blueviolet21,

I have bought a few items now from Dermastore and even returned one for credit, which was the best choice for me.  My dealings with them have been delightful.  I have benefited from some of their sale prices.  I have been impressed.  I don't think that they are scam-ish at all.  Good Luck!  Smiley Happy

They are absolutely legit. I've ordered from Dermstore many times and have always had a good experience. 

Thank you!

I order from them all the time. They have great shipping times @blueviolet21

I've ordered from them a few times. I'm pretty sure they are owned by Target. All my experiences have been good with them. @blueviolet21

@blueviolet21 I've only made one purchase.

i ordered the drunk elephant vitamin c serum. No issues and the shipping was super quick. I ordered on a Saturday morning and it was delivered Monday.

So so my first impression was a good one. 

5,204 Replies