Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

For Canadians that have ordered from Colour Pop: Did you end up paying any duties/fees?

Thanks!

I just washed my Tarte Bronze and Glow contour brush that I recently purchased and when I placed it to dry it left peachy coloured stains. Anyone else have this sort of issue with Tarte brushes and what could it be: did I get a bad brush? 

@njattana never done it before myself, but I've heard it suggested many times.

I used to do that in high school with my cheap rings and necklaces to keep me from turning green.   I've never tried it with piercings though.  Sounds like it may work as long as you don't get a reaction in your piercing from the nail polish.  

I am very allergic to nickel and I've spent my life using clear nail polish on everything from the backs of jeans buttons to belt buckles to bra connectors to earrings. It does help, but the protection doesn't last for very long. I'm not very good at repainting when needed. The only inexpensive earrings I've bought that never caused reactions for me are from Simply Whispers. Their styles are dated and look like they're designed for a more mature customer, but it's a good site to get basic pearl or cubic zirconia studs. I feel your pain! Sorry you have to deal with it too!

Can someone explain why an item is all of a sudden "unable to ship to the Us" but I can order it via other stores no problem?

Does anyone know the best place for Canadians to buy the RCMA no colour powder online? Trying to find somewhere that may offer it in Canadian currency, or at least with a shipping rate that's not too awful.

For the Canadians out there, any tips and tricks for international shopping? Is it better to shop normally from the site or use one of those US address services?

I ordered something from the US and just received it. I was expecting to pay extra upon receiving my order, but CP didn't charge me anything. So I'm just curious how it works out because I am interested in trying Dose of Color.

Dose anyone know of a cruelty free eyeliner that you can use in your tight line that won't transfer to the water line? Everything I try always transfers to my white or nude on the water line when I blink.

Does anyone have the number to the Allure beauty box ?  I need to call, I havent receievd anything at all, and Im not sure if I was suppsed to get a box or what???  I remember reading about the box not being what it was supposed to be for May, but Im totally lost.  Can anyone help?

Does anyone have a referral code, or is anyone buying something from True Botanicals? There are two items that I want to buy. TIA!

i bought an epilator this past year and absolutely love it on my armpits. It works so quick. First time though my armpits bled and I wasn't sure if I could handle it and then I got these whiteheads. Super gross. But next time was totally different. Pain was 10% of what it was first time and no reaction.  I spray some witch hazel with a bit of lavender afterwards. I will never go back to shaving my armpits. I also have to say my hair seems less thick on my armpits too. On my legs it takes forrrrever. Like I think I got everything then I put on my body moisturizer the next day and it's like what I missed that whole section.  Then I give it another go and then next day same thing.  My epilator has a shaving attachment so I'm tending to use that instead on my legs. Since getting it I've only done my legs 3 times with epilator.I'd imagine if I stuck to it ..my leg hair would also grow back less coarse.

I'm only kidding of course....lol!

I am new VIBRouge & enrolled in Flash. But since I've done so (2 orders) they are taking 3 or 4+ days to arrive!! I live in an urban area, West Coast U.S. My Amazon things come in 1 day, always. I don't get it. I have eBay orders that come way faster (like from across the US!!). This Flash to me is a lie. :-( 

@etscore1: just wanted to say that this thread has become the "Google search" (or shall I say, Google query?) of BT. Smiley Happy I find it so very useful. Love how easy it is to actually get feedback from BT users directly, esp those that have used the product in question. Thanks for creating it!!

For some reason the sephora website is displaying wierd on my iPad with tons of open space and everything very linear.  Anyone know how to fix?  

For ladies that have been using Mr. Rebates for awhile, do the pending order really take 90 days to show up as actual cash back? 

Anybody know a good replacement for Nude's Progenius Omega Rescue Oil? I have combination skin (mostly normal, but my forehead and nose gets oily in the summer and dry in the winter). I liked how lightweight it was and I am looking for something similar in lightness and absorption. I've tried Fresh's Seaberry Oil. I liked it, but it's something I would gravitate towards using in the winter. I've also used Boscia's Tsubaki Beauty Oil, but it's just not my cup of tea anymore. It feels too thick on my skin and it doesn't seem sink in as well as the Nude oil. Also I'm not overly thrilled about the smell, however, I have no problem with the smell of Sunday Riley's Luna Sleeping Oil. Any suggestions?

I am shocked every time I see the drool worth US Shadow Pallette in the sale section. I NEED it in the worst way! But I have to be very careful with my spending.

How is it possible that it is still there? Does anyone know something I don't about that shadow or the Pallette? Making myself crazy over this, heeeelp, what do you think? Thanks in advance.🍀

Ulta is right around the corner from my son's 90 min soccer class in a neighboring city. Not worth driving back & forth, so...yeah, Ulta. The info: Ulta is the only brick and mortar for Mally (the home shopping QVC brand - she does Beyonce's makeup) but the selection is not great. From what they have, I recommend trying one of the Mally eye shadow sticks (avoid her new lipsticks!). Ulta also carries Japonesque: love a few of the Japonesque lipsticks (under the radar, gotta search). For the new UD Vice lipsticks, there are some shades which are Ulta exclusives. They have a new makeup line, Fiona Stiles, but it is not in all stores. I just bought the undereye peach corrector & the concealer. Love those & the Fiona Stiles skinny brow pencils. Ulta has Lipstick Queen, but not in every store. Oh, imo Benefit is the centerpiece in every Ulta. Be aware, unlike Sephora, some of their associates are brand representatives, but they dress exactly like the normal associates, & those people will push you towards one line, even if it doesn't really fit what you are looking for. 

Any reviews on any of the dermalogica skincare services at Ulta? I'm thinking it might be a better alternative to going in for a facial every once in a while (since my favorite spa charges $200 for a facial...)

Which do you prefer?

Beauty Bakerie Lip Whip

OR

Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick

I haven't tried either, but I am interested in a comparison concerning wear and comfort.

What's with all NUDE back on site?! Smiley Surprised They're back? Or just massive pull from stores?  

Canadian ladies, does your Superstore carry Milani? And if so, any luck with finding the metallic liquid lipsticks??

Do the ABH Glow Kits look better once they are applied on than when they are swatched? I was going to buy sun dipped the last time I was at Sephora but it swatched more like a sparkle with not much of a glow.

I have seen reviews on Youtube and Temptalia, but to be honest I don't trust their judgment since they seem to either get them as PR or use a super heavy hand. 

5,224 Replies