Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

@gingerleigh I will check those out TY 

Highlighted

@CheerMomma Ulta now ships to Canada.

@Loretta55 oooh, I better get a list together! TY 

Hey guys! I am looking for a sunscreen (preferably mineral/physical) that will wear nice under makeup and can double as a moisterizer. I have pretty normal skin leaning towards dry.  

I have tried and loved the Tarte sunscreen and had ordered it during the last sale, but I got it and it expired at the end of July so this was useless since I need it for summer and wouldn't use it up in time. I searched for over a month to find different expiry dates but no luck. It is sold out online and nowhere to be found in my city (in Canada).  I ended up exchanging for the First Aid Beauty Mineral Sunscreen and that was a huge mistake.  I thought it would be great as a moisturizer since I love this brand but it is dry, chalky and thick, and I have to tug on my face to get it to blend in it is terrible.  That being said I am looking for an alternative that is hopefully not too expensive and around or under the $40 mark.

@sydtomato Have you considered Josie Maran's Argan Daily Moisturizer with SPF 47?  It's one of my holy grail, cannot live without products and I have been using it for years.  As long as you let in sink in a little before applying any products, it shouldn't interfere with makeup!

No I have never even seen this one before I don't think, this is an awesome suggestion. I just took a look at it on the Sephora website and this sounds perfect, I will add it to my list of things to check out when I go in store next. Thank you!!! @AMHWKI

No problem at all!  PS - it does have a light scent (which I happen to want to bathe in)!

@sydtomato

Cliniques new Pep-Start really impressed me with how easily it spread for a mineral sunscreen!  It was extremely fluid and lightweight.  With an SPF of 50 and a price under $20, I couldn't believe it.  I posted the ingredients for you as well.

Awesome thank you! Thats what I loved about the Tarte one, it just went on like a normal moisterizer! Has a pretty good price too I will check this out as well

Clinique city block is nice.. I've been using it under my tatre face makeup for years. Also bonus it has a slight tint so if you wanna be at the beach without make up it evens your skin tone slightly. It's oil free so it doesn't melt under your make up and i have super Finicky skin and it's never once caused an issue. 

I'm doing my best friend's makeup for her wedding and I have all my products figured out except a lipstick. We're sticking to a fairly natural look and something pale pink, possibly on the sheer side, with a satin-to-glossy finish and a lot of staying power would be ideal! (Probably none of the typical liquid lippie recommendations -- too matte for what she wants.) I stick to bolder lip colors myself so I'm not super familiar with good options in the pale pink family haha. Suggestions much appreciated!

NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien? It's not exactly long lasting, but I'm not sure anything in the satin non-matte/liquid category would be. On the upside, as it wears down, it's not as obvious because the color is subtle, yet pretty. Also, I would think color transfer to spouse would be less noticeable as well (again due to subtle color and slightly sheer formula). 

Oh, good idea! I definitely have a deluxe sample of that lying around somewhere....

Most people do have a DS or three of that one laying around. It's almost universally flattering, so it gets heavy rotation as a point perk, promo, birthday gift, etc. That it is flattering on so many makes another good reason to try. 

I'd look at the Chanel Rouge Double INtensite in Darling Pink or Light Rose. It's not sheer but can be blotted down before applying the topcoat and will not affect wear. 

This is my hands down favorite formula when I need to not think about my lipstick all day. This formula has been around for years but I think it is best liquid lipstick/ gloss combo. The lipstick part is completely non-drying and satiny rather than matte and the topcoat is light and not sticky. 

I wore it for my my wedding and it did not budge. I wore a darker color but it looked good in all the photos without touch ups. 

That looks like a great option! I wore a very similar MAC lippie in a berry color for my wedding and it was perfect. Thank you!

You should really try Buxom Full On Lipstick in Dolly. It is SO underrated but an amazing formula and flattering shade, with brilliant staying power! I can't remember, but I think Sydney is a little paler than Dolly, could also be an option, but I love, love Dolly so much!

Or, possibly the new Dior lacquer sticks in LA Pink could be an option, too.  

Good luck, let us know how it goes!  @TopazBeth

Hi kids! 

Anybody have any info on which Sephora brands are cheaper in Canada (based on the exchange rate)? For example: GA is only slightly more expensive in Canada than in the US, making it ~20% cheaper to buy in Canada.

@etscore1!!

I just wanted to say hi, I have missed you! <3 <3

@angel7594 HAY GURL HAY!!!!

aaaaaaand everyone remembers why they didn't miss me. lol.

ETSCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There we go! Because you deserve better @michelleshops! 😆

How does everyone feel about BH Cosmetics? I'm thinking about investing in one of their brush sets, because I don't have an actual brush set. I just have random brushes all mixed together, and I like the aesthetic of an actual set, but I want a functional one too, not just a pretty one. I've heard a few good things about BH, and they seem to have a good price range.  Any opinions? Or opinions on other sets? Preferably "cheaper" ones (like $50 or less)

1 Reply