Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

Ooo. good to know.. i was about to purchase it and saw the replies on here Smiley Happy Thank you! I needed it for use prior to serums/moisturizers.. I think i might look into rose water mists.. 

I'm looking for a concealer that I can wear on my minimal makeup days. I mainly want the concealer to cover some pimples and some red/dark spots. I had been using some Cover FX concealer but I find that it ends up looking a little cakey on me. Anybody have any concealer recommendations?

@Saschattack, my favorite concealer, for the very same uses you mentioned, has been the Givenchy stick.

Also, this last week I've been having success with a sample of the Nars soft matte concealer.

http://www.sephora.com/teint-couture-embellishing-concealer-P397881?skuId=1726389&icid2=products%20g...

http://www.sephora.com/soft-matte-complete-concealer-P416200?skuId=1900240&icid2=products%20grid%3Ap...

I really have loved NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer for my undereyes. I don't really need to conceal anywhere else, but since undereyes are tough to cover without looking cakey, I thought I'd suggest it anyway. It blends in really well, and whether I do a fuller foundation or a lighter one, it never looks like I'm wearing concealer, so it may work for spot concealing on no makeup days too. 

@Saschattack I've gone foundation-free since March NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer as @alexasteph suggested has been my go-to. I actually prefer a different concealer (Maybelline Fit Me) for undereye because I have to use the NARS sparingly or it looks dry and cakey. The brush/sponge you use really makes a difference. I use Marc Jacob's The Conceal brush and I find it's the best tool I have for the job...even over a beautyblender.

@Saschattack, I really like the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer too! If you have dry undereyes you may want to hydrate the area a little bit (I don't have a problem with this, but I do know some people do). It really covers a lot of things for me and I just set it with a light powder since my skin can get a little bit oily. I love it. Smiley Happy 

XOXO,
Marieke

@Saschattack I 10000% agree with @MariekeBT - NARS Creamy Radiant seems to be the best thing out there in terms of getting great coverage and a natural looking finish! Smiley Happy 

Q: I've been looking for the perfect shade of peach lipstick (a cream or satin stick or satin to glossy liquid) that's not too coral or too nude—enough of an orange hint to make it not my actual lip color, but still somewhat subdued. The best color I've found is Forbidden Flower by Edward Bess (https://goo.gl/images/GyFsjY), but it's been discontinued. Smiley Sad Suggestions appreciated! I could handle matte, if necessary. Prefer not to surpass Dior prices, if possible. (If it's important, I have naturally rosy lips.) Thanks in advance. 🙏 

I don't know if this ticks all your boxes, but I looked for years for the right coral and finally got Nars Catherine. @kathmb

catherine

Thanks, @aydasu@to90@NarNarNars@TKLJ . . . I'll look into all of them!

@kathmb My favorite peach is MAC Style Surge. Quite similar to Nars Catherine that @TKLJ recommended below, but Style Surge has a tiny bit more pink to it, which makes the color a smidgen subdued. It's very comfortable to wear and yet does deliver the color-- just overall lovely. Smiley Happy

The spotlight me from lipstick from the mac x steve j/yoni p collection looks close to forbidden flower, but probably a lot less yellow.

Nars Raquel or Bite Meringue? I have both and I love the colors. I have light yellow undertones as reference.

Has anyone else experienced dry shampoo leaving a white streak in your hair where you spray it? I'm not sure if it's just the brand I'm using or if this is normal. It sort of blends in when I brush it, so it doesn't look that strange, but I would definitely prefer a dry shampoo that doesn't do this if there is one.

Yes, I have.

Some are more obvious than others.  

I generally rake my hands through my hair pretty vigorously after spraying a shampoo in and then brush it.

For the ones that leave a white cast you could always use them overnight and then by the time you wake up it should've dissipated.

Well, glad to know I didn't just get a dud I guess.

@purly @Mochapj the only dry shampoo I've tried that doesn't leave a white cast is the Amika one

Thanks, I'll check it out.

I love the Batiste and L'Oreal dry shampoos. Batiste looks scary white at first but when you tease it into your hair and really massage it in, your hair will look great and not white at all. The L'Oreal one is invisible and leaves no white cast at all, even if you spray it on your hand. 

Hi, ladies!

Is there a thread where I could post a few beuty related items that I'm selling?

I know there're online stores, but the thing is I'm leaving the US in just a few days and don't have time to send my things out and get paid.

I'm in NY so there's a good chance if I post in an appropriate thread other NY ladies might see it and find something they like.

Would it be considered spam posting in Deals Too Good To Pass Up or in threads dedicated to the brands I'm selling?

@YellowLashes   hi there! Unfortunately selling isn't permitted on the forum. You can always trade them, but since you are in a rush not sure that would work for you.  Here's the link to the thread anyway in case you ever want to look it up: http://community.sephora.com/t5/VIB/Trade-Thread-20-May-June-2017/m-p/2765282#M93719

Maybe you can try your luck with Poshmark or local classified ads something like that.  I'm not familiar with all the selling sites/classifieds in the US but surely someone here can give you an idea. Good luck!