Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

Thank you @IZ95!! <3 For some reason I never thought about washing my hair with my head tilted. I've tried washing it upside down, which is really uncomfortable.. then I just stopped using conditioner entirely. Now my hair will thank you Smiley Happy

And thanks for the product recommendations! I'm grabbing the Neutrogena ASAP. The 360 spray nozzle on the Murad sounds amazingg (read: genius) BUT I noticed a significant decrease after cutting sugar & picking back up on hot yoga... so I'm gonna see if I can wait for a good promo code Smiley Wink Fingers crossed that happens before it starts warming up..

Glad I could help!! Smiley Happy yeah the Murad is kinda pricey so I'm waiting for a code before I restock. Remember to get the neutrogena body clear body scrub, not the pink grapefruit one. Both are good but the first one is better.. I just use the pink grapefruit one because I can't buy the first one in my country Smiley Sad

Does anyone have any good recommendations for hairspray that has a really firm hold?  I'm always on the look out for hairspray that holds really well without having to use half the can/bottle to get the result I want.  

@ghrelin, Redken Forceful 23 is a good one! When I need a firm holding spray in the summer or for special occasion styles, this one works very well....even in humid conditions. Smiley Happy

@angel7594  Thanks for the recommendation.  I'll check it out!

I used to have one by Tresemme and it was the green label one. I think 'firm hold'. It sure kept my hair in place!!

@jesscheems I was literally just about to recommend the same thing! I use the Tresemme one with the green label and it has never failed me

@EmmyLove Nice!! I know that one's the best right?! Anytime I put my hair up and it was windy I would just spray some and it would hold all day!!! I was so impressed the first time I used it a few years ago and have repurchased it =)

@EmmyLove  and @jesscheems  Thanks for the recommendations!  I'll take a look at it!

My VIB sale order was delivered today and one of my lipsticks is slightly damaged. I was probably most excited to try a Kevyn Aucoin lipstick (my first) but there's a small fingerprint on the actual product and it has a slice in it. I want to return it for one that's "perfect" even though the first time I use it will no longer be a perfect tube of lipstick so it seems kind of wasteful. The fingerprint kind of grosses me out though. Just wanted to get some feedback if you all would return or just get over it and save yourself a trip. It's a $35 lipstick. I feel like it should be pretty darn perfect!

Exchange for sure. Even if the print wasn't there (gross), that slice could turn into a larger crack and snap the lipstick in half. @starsandbucks

Oh yes, good point! I hadn't thought of that. Thank you! I'm going to return tomorrow. I'm going to have to put blinders on to stop myself from buying more when I'm actually in the store. 

Ew, the fingerprint would definitely make me exchange.  I'm so sorry it arrived damaged, what a bummer!  Smiley Sad

RETURN! @starsandbucks Fingerprint is so, not. Okay. I hope the next one you get is flawless Smiley Happy 

Definitely exchange!

I would return it, there's no way I'm using a product that's has a finger print on it, yuck! How disappointing, I'm sorry! 

So I know this is gonna be a "you should consult a dermatologist" type of question, but maybe y'all would know anyway! 

Im curious about how to get rid of milia on the face/eyes, (those excess skin bumps) 

i have some on my cheek bones and one on my eyelid. These bad boys don't wanna leave on their own, esp not the one squatting on my eyelid, rent free. They've been there for months, if not, years.

im most confused on how to get rid of the one on my eyelid since I can't exfoliate that and it's q very delicate  area

Am I able to get rid of these milia on my own? If so, how? 

Thank you! 

Disclaimer: I've done this but I DO NOT recommend!  It was dangerous and in hindsight pretty stupid.

I've removed milia by poking it with a pin and squeezing out the offending lump.  While it worked and I was pleased, it was such a bad idea for several reasons!  It was under my eye so I had to close it (poking your face with a pin with one eye closed is not a good plan).  Once I'd successfully not blinded myself, I had to squeeze my poor defenseless undereye area.  It hurt and I knew I was causing damage but I was already committed.  

Like you said, I suggest you go to a dermatologist.  They can remove it  for you without any of the DIY fears.  Learn from my poor choices!! 

thank you @michelleshops

I'm glad you're okay! Your experience sounds so scary...esp with one eye! Depth perception shattered lol. 

For ones on and around the eye area, I think your only option would be to cut out products one by one to see if they improve. I'd say though, chances of this succeeding is very low. Best for a pro to look at it.

For ones on cheekbones and nose (where I have most of my milia), I've had success using a home microdermabrasion device extracting SOME of them. I use the device only once every two weeks, and I focus on the affected areas a little bit more. I've managed to extract 2 or 3 milia since starting to use the device, which was back in November.

There's still a fair amount of waiting though. Most weeks I don't make any progress and some weeks I'll be able to gently squeeze the very top out just out of the surface. I stop there. Over the next day, the clog will end up showing itself and then at night after cleansing I can usually gently squeeze it out.

I have tried the pin method like michelleshops before I knew any better and ended up destroying the skin AROUND the area. Highly UNrecommended.

IN general, I really just try to ignore them. I've thought about extractions but I know they'll probably come back at some point. Rather than risk going to a bad esthetician I've just decided to accept that I'll always have them.

The eyelid/under eye milia I actually got when I wasn't using any products. So basically...I guess my body likes producing milia? Smiley Very Happy Now I use Clinique eye cream for under and it luckily hasn't changed anything. 

Thanks for the dont sdvice lol. I've been getting annoyed with the one on my eyelid that I've been tempted to scratch/poke it until it comes out...but I know that's asking for trouble Smiley Sad 

@k617

Ah...then yes, you're just prone to them. Perhaps increased chemical exfoliation or retinol could help, but I have both of those products in my routine and neither have really helped to get rid of them.

Thanks for the advice @k617. I guess ill keep exfoliating and hopefully it'll help with the facial ones. 

Fingers crossed the eyelid one one decides to disappear. It drives me bonkers...it's right on my crease. 

My favourite summer Lippy was rudely discontinued 😱 and it was drugstore too. 

I cannot not seem to find a dupe...please help. It's Maybelline Superstay 14hr in Ultimate Blush 180. I'd like a long wearing cream or satin finish ideally. 

Thanks in advance 🙏

Highlighted

@CheerMomma It is available on Ulta dot com for $9.99.

5 Replies