Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

@CarolAP There are some pigments that the FDA considers eye safe but not lip safe, and vice versa.

The risks are probably small, but still enough that the FDA doesn't approve the pigment for different uses. 

Any dupe recommendations for Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua foundation?  I got a sample and its so nice *_*  Very satiny and light

@Madeline7 The closest I found is MUFE Waterblend. It is more dewy than satiny but overall very similar in texture and how it wears. 

GA Luminous Silk isn't a bad alternative. But it's definitely not cheaper, so not sure how great of an alternative that makes it!

Maybe try Bourjois healthy mix @Madeline7? I wouldn't necessarily say it's an exact dupe but it's nice and light and satiny too and just a great light foundation overall.

Non-makeup question here: I screwed up something big time and I need opinions on whether or not there is anything I can do to fix it - one of my elderly neighbours is having problems with her former cleaner and she is very scared - I believe she has a reason to be. She was admiring my self defense keychain though she has a panic button and said she would press that first, always but she just said she would feel a little less terrified if she had something like it... I thought I had bought it on Amazon for something like $15 so it took it off and gave it to her telling her I would order myself another one.

When I came home and couldn't find the exact one I had I asked for my hubby's help and he became very, very aggravated with me because apparently he is the one who had it specially made for me to my hand measurements and placed a special order that cost about $100 all told.  Of course, it's not the money that is bothering me it's that I gave away something he went through so much trouble to get for me and that it was awful of me to forget that and give it away.  Now I would pay twice that to get it back - at least! But I did give it to her - though I said "i'll just order another one no problem".

The new one came and it's not at all like the one I had which fit my hand perfectly because it was designed for it... Though the quality is decent and it would do its job... Thing is, I'm sure the lady doesn't plan to use it I told her how but also told her that was a bad decision if there was any ANY other option... I just gave it to her for peace of mind...

Would it be totally inappropriate for take her a gift basket and the new self defense key chain and to explain my mistake and ask her if she would mind a trade - I feel awful I've NEVER asked for anything back in my life but I can tell I hurt hubbie's feelings and I might fix that if i went through considerable effort to get it back.  I also was actually going to use it in a self-defense class so hand grip is important...

Any thoughts anyone! Thank you for reading! 💕

Sorry I'm late to this- @RoseCharlie

I'm sure that if you told her that your original key chain was a gift from your DH and you accidentally gave it away, she would be happy to exchange it with you for the one you purchased. I'm sure she wouldn't think badly about you at all, especially since when you gave it to her, it was a sweet impulsive act, especially since you ordered her a replacement.

Good luck, you are so sweet to be concerned for her safety.

@RoseCharlie I can't imagine even being the least bit annoyed or upset with you over this. And you truly are going above and beyond to make it right. I know you feel you're in an awkward position and I would feel the same way as well - I'm a people pleaser. But you're telling the truth and making it as right as you possibly can. I don't think you have anything to worry about (or feel badly about!) 

Also, what you did for your neighbor was very kind. 

Oh THANK YOU @starsandbucks! I really appreciate you taking the time to write such a thoughtful and thought out comment! Thank you also for making me feel better! I felt awful like maybe it was bad that I was considering asking for a swap even if I would give anything it's not a matter of money - I just can't believe I forgot... Thank you thank you thank you for your kind words @starsandbucks! : ) You have really helped me with your advice and opinion and I am so grateful! It is awfully kind of you to read everything I wrote and take the time to answer like this. 💕🦄

1. What are everyone's favorite foot peel bootie masks?

2. Where can I get the best deal? 

@StephaniLynn My favorite is the Kokostar one. It peeled my soles beautifully. It costs $9 at Nordies, but you can order a 6pack from Amazon for $46 (the seller is Kokostar itself)

I tried the Tony Moly but I didn't feel it was as efficient. It seemed to peel more the top of the feet than the sole. 

I've found the Tony Moly foot masks to be highly effective. You can find them in package deals on Amazon. Otherwise Ulta sells them for around $7.

@m26430 I second the tony moly idea. Tbh if you spend over $15 on a foot peel shoe thing then you're wasting your money. Asian brands sell ones that work perfectly fine for less than for example the $20 Boscia one at Sephora!

Any of you guys ever received something you purchased online, but the item was used/defective? 

I just received a sephora favorites set that I purchased online. The sephora cardboard box is all sealed and taped up with packing tape and mailing sticker. But when I opened it, the SF set was in a weird wrinkled plastic bag. And when I took it out, I noticed the set been opened and there is one item missing in the box. 

Of course I want to return it asap. But will the store take it back? Since they might think I was the one opened it and took that one item and try to return it after? 

IMG_7818.JPGIMG_7819.JPGIMG_7820.JPG

Spoiler

Hey all! 

I've been using Anastasia's Lash Genius for a long time to keep my mascara from ending up under my eyes (even waterproof was smudging). It's been discontinued and I was hoping some of you ladies might have a suggestion for another great clear topcoat for lashes.

@NotCrocker I've been using NYX's Proof It mascara top coat and it works just as well for me Smiley Happy it applies white rather than clear like the ABH but keeps mascara from smudging the same. Give it a try!

I'm still not over ABH Lash Genius being discontinued. It was an HG product for me. 

I have heard that Ulta, NYX, and Clarins make a clear top coat. However, it looks like the Clarins one went under some changes (formula and brush design) and based on reviews, it wasn't for the better. That would be something to keep in mind.

Definitely, let us know if you find a good dupe! @NotCrocker

@lmi82 It was definitely HG for me as well! Thanks for the tips, I will give a few of those a try! And yeah, it was pretty heartbreaking to see it go!

I'm new to this forum so I hope I am asking my question in the right place lol

I am wondering if anyone has used the Juice Beauty Stem Cellular serum? I received a deluxe sized sample a while ago and decided to try it out. I used it yesterday morning and again before bed and when I woke up this morning my face looked flawless! Like I'm talking completely even and zero redness (I usually have redness in the middle of my face, especially around my nose and a bit on my chin). I seriously woke up and didn't even want to put on makeup but had to because of work. This serum is for anti-wrinkle not skin tone evening/anti-redness so I'm just wondering if anyone has used it over a period of time and has some feedback? It's ridiculously expensive but if it's worth it, it's something I'd consider

Thanks!

xx Liv

i may have to try this. my face has a pink flush to it that i'd like to even out.

3 Replies