Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I use Sephora's cheapo version. I got it for $10 when it was first released. I can't compare it to other lip liners, but I'm happy with it and it does help. 

I think ive heard it's basically a cheaper version of UD's ozone. 

Ive tried bites but can't use it since peppermint irritates my lips. 

@lmi82, My favorite universal liners are from Bite and Urban Decay.

Spoiler

Urban Decay's is a good go-to, I'm also enjoying Smashbox's Always On clear formula. The pencil twists into its cap for you to open and close it and with some extra twists (you'll hear some clicks), it "sharpens" the product back to a nice fine point! It's super nifty as it preserves the define shape of the product and eliminates the need for a pencil sharpener.

@lylysa I ended up picking up the Smashbox clear lip liner. My mom really likes it (especially the self-sharpening feature). Thanks again for the suggestion! Smiley Happy

@lylysa @angel7594 @pinyo Thank you! I'll take a look at all of your suggestions. Smiley Happy

@lmi82 Cannot say enough good things about the UD Ozone pencil. It isn't hydrating, but it is going to keep your lip color *in place* like no other!

@Libellules Thanks! UD seems to be the top contender. Smiley Happy

Any recommendations/must-haves from Lancome (foundation, concealer, eyeshadow etc.)? On the Canadian site on $100 they are giving 15% off with a GWP and a Juicy Shaker with the code WOMEN!

I really love the Teint Idole Foundation, I prefer the stick version. Can't go wrong with the Bi-Facil  Eye makeup remover!  And I have always loved their mascaras, the Hypnose Drama is a great one!

Seconding the Teint Idole. I have the stick and the pump and love them both. The stick may edge out the pump by a smidge if I had to choose because it's so convenient.

Now to find my shade!

@jesscheemstheir GRANDIÔSE EXTRÊME mascara is one of my faves.  Also, not sure if you'd be interested in their overpriced, but adorable, highlighter too:

Have read good reviews about this...

Thanks @Amysangel @ZombieMetroAnt 

Maybe I'll look in the foundation. Bi-Facil and I don't get along. I've had issues with eczema after using it maybe due to chemical reactions with my makeup and whatever's in that remover. So now I use my trusty coconut oil and have no issues. They still have some mascara sets left from the holidays- thanks!!

Also @ZombieMetroAnt I'll look into the mascara you mentioned (I've seen it and I think it said 24 hour wear which scared me- does that stuff feel like tar perhaps like Benefit's They're Real?). Ya that highlight is OOS but I think it's a bit too pricey for me atm. Also I seen pretty mixed review on it so I got turned off even giving it a second look Smiley Very Happy Also, I've seen people chop it up and stuff LOL and that just ruined it for me. -_- (totally ruined the 'magic')..

Thanks for the recommendations!

The mascara gives me awesome definition and length @jesscheems - I would probably compare it to the Roller Lash by benefit.  And I totally hear ya on the highlighter/blush - that's probably why it's still sitting my my loves

Can't wait to see what you get!  Heart

@ZombieMetroAnt Okay cool. So long as it washes off and doesn't rip lashes out lol Smiley Very Happy I'm still deciding on what to get- I know it's a super good deal but I normally don't buy from Lancome because I didn't care for some of their items I tried a few years ago when I got into makeup. I bought one of those blockbuster sets and was bummed out lol. But I'm sure they have good stuff. I do like the Hypnose Drama mascara and used that right up!

What do you all find to be the best eyelash curler? I have a Chanel one but, perhaps due to user error, I can not get a great curl out of this thing. Is the Shu version really everything people say it is?

I have used the MAC one my entire life.  It is awesome!  Go slow and curl right at the base.  I 'pump' lightly a few times to avoid pinching. 

But, it all depends on your eyelashes.  When I have my natural skimpy barely there eyelashes I don't get a huge impact.  Mascara gives me more oomph!

When I have my 'Latisse lashes'.....Bam!!!! Eyelashes popping!  Looks like I am wearing falsies.

Highlighted

@wheeeee  i have been using latisse or about 2 months and i'm finally seeing effects! i can't wait to see what it does longer term!

Latisse is an amazing product.  My derm gave me some DSs of it and it worked like a dream...however once I stopped usingit, my lashes didnt quite have the same ooomph.  No worse off than before I sued it, but just no lasting effects.

I think that the best eyelash curlers depend on the shape of your eyes. Mine are a flatter (rather than rounder) shape, so the flatter Shiseido curler works best for me.

I have the Shu uemura one. I find it mediocre on my almond eyes. Also, my eyelashes are pretty straight and never want to be curled. So that might be why. 

@starsandbucks My favourite is the surratt curler. It is fantastic for very wide, big eyes.

but I definitely agree it totally depends on your eye shape

@starsandbucks i bought the shu one, and i was never that impressed. my lashes are normally quite short and straight (i've been using latisse so they're longer and thicker now), and i agree with @txcatx that the shiseido one is great!

Where could a gal with large girls, who is not large otherwise, find an anti-gravity nice and supportive one piece swimwear, or a bikini? Something to pick 'em up and keep 'em there.

@lyravega a friend of mine recently posted a swimsuit from a swim/lingerie brand that had wired one pieces! Perhaps try there? vedettestore (dot) com

1 Reply