Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

Hello has anyone used Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer? I am looking for a color match.

I am 2Y03 - pale with yellow undertones. The 2Y03 matches me to Fair, but that is described as "pale complexion with a hint of pink undertones." Why is it matching me to this color if my undertones are yellow and the undertones for this color are pink? 

The Ivory is 2Y02 (pale with golden undertones) and I'm not sure if I should buy that instead. I am a match for NARS in Finland and Amore Pacific TM in 102. I could go a tiny bit lighter than both products. 

Edit: I am using mainly to hide dark circles. Would the pink tinge be better than yellow for this?

I don't know exactly what shade you should pick, but if you're looking to cover dark circles, go with a more yellow-orange tinge, because that's what color corrects dark circles.

Gift Card Users - Buyer Beware!

I don't know if it's a Canadian only thing, but if you make an online purchase with a gift card and need to return the item the stores then the store will only issue STORE CREDIT and will not put it back on your gift card. 

Just learned that the hard way when returning a birthday prezzie.I had the receipt, I even had my gift card with me because I had a remaining balance. Both the cash supervisor AND the store manager said it was now their policy.

Not sure if Sephora store credit is the same as Ulta store credit where it can't be used online. But I had a similar issue with Ulta. Used a giftcard from Christmas to order something online at Ulta not available in stores. Color wasn't for me, returned it and was given store credit and told I could use it online to purchase a new color. Not true. Thankfully, I called customer service and they were able to re-issue the amount to an e-gift card so I could use it online. Worth a shot to see if Sephora would do something similar!

I'm terrible with SPF, I'm thinking about getting either the Coola or Supergoop SPF setting spray because it's an easy way to get some SPF in my routine. Does anyone have any experience with these? Like them/hate them? Do they mess with the makeup underneath? Am I actually getting any SPF benefits from these? 

I like the supergoop spray.  I've not noticed any change in my makeup after applying.  I keep getting minis/ds of it so I've never had to buy it, but if/when I run out, I will purchase.  

The other product I like to keep 'on the fly' is the Murad Invisiblur.  

Good luck - I wish I'd been more diligent with SPF all along.

does Sephora delete negative reviews? i read somewhere that they do. that would make finding good products difficultSmiley Sad

@xxsour I don't know about deleting negative reviews, but I definitely think there is a bias in regard to what reviews are accepted. My positive reviews are always posted, but sometimes it takes up to 3 tries to have my more negative ones show up. It's pretty ridiculous.  

Does anyone know if Sephora has ever done a BIG promotion with a very high buy-in? I remember there was that awesome sample bag for the Chinese New Year but even that was only a $50 buy-in.  I guess I'm asking because it would be awesome if they did a super awesome promo and I would be totally down to buy more stuff for it... I wondered if there was any chance that it might happen and to that end I thought I would ask if it has ever happened before - say a sample bag with like $100 buy-in?

I never saw it, but I only started paying real attention to promos for the last 3 years or so.

Does anyone receive the shipping info email for the Becca Chrissy palette?

Just gotta out 1 hour ago

Does anyone know whether the Guerlain birthday collection is going to be available in the US?

I was just about to ask this, too. I really want those meteorites.

Does anyone know of a translucent mattifying finishing powder that is super duper simple to depot and put in a z-palette? I am apparently really bad at depotting things and have made a huge mess. 

Also, does anyone know how to get weird mysterious glue that is somehow still... wet and sticky... off your skin?

Look for refills rather than compacts - i've got one of Estee Lauder's Lucidity which seems mattifying but I can't speak for wear time as I have other preferred setting powders. Sure other brands have them too Smiley Happy

I have two questions right now:

1. I think I know the answer to this one, but I figured I should ask anyway. If I have a receipt, bought in stores, and am in the US; can I return a product if it's been more than 3 months? I'm still debating if I should since I've been using it, but I've just fallen out of love with it and for $45, I'm not sure if I want to force myself to use it.

2. Has anyone tried the Mix Nature products? I saw an ad for it, looked at the website, and am curious about it. But since I've heard nothing about this product at all, I was wondering if anyone else has had an experience with it.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

@KellW I can only answer the first question, but yes you definitely can return a product if you don't love it! As long as you have your receipt or it was purchased with your Beauty Insider card it's no problem!

Can someone recommend a hypoallergenic eyeliner or is designed for sensitive eyes? Not Clinique please.

Hi @makeitup305, the Lancôme GRANDIÔSE Bendable Liquid Eyeliner and MAKE UP FOR EVER
Kohl Pencil are both supposed to be safe for sensitive eyes. I don't have sensitive eyes but I do have the lancome one and quite like it. You really do need to shake it before using like suggested. Sometimes I find that I have to shake it when I need to go back for more pigment, but for the payoff it gives me, I can't really complain. 

The tarte Tarteist™ Double Take Eyeliner is ophthalmologist tested and safe for contact lens wearers. It doesn't list exactly safe for sensitive eyes, but the testing would lead me to hope that it may work for you! 

XOXO,
Marieke

"Weirdest question ever warning"

I have a spot on my cheek that won't grab pigmentation. If I don't wear makeup you can't tell as it isn't lighter, darker or of a different texture than the rest of my face. However foundation won't color it, blush or bronzer won't color it Smiley Frustrated

It's the weirdest thing ever!!!! Especially now that I've been using more heavily blush from the Crissy palette, the uncolored spot is more visible than ever, like a thumbprint that won't hold color.

Has it happened to you? how did you fix it? Am I crazy? LOL