Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I've found the Tony Moly foot masks to be highly effective. You can find them in package deals on Amazon. Otherwise Ulta sells them for around $7.

@m26430 I second the tony moly idea. Tbh if you spend over $15 on a foot peel shoe thing then you're wasting your money. Asian brands sell ones that work perfectly fine for less than for example the $20 Boscia one at Sephora!

Any of you guys ever received something you purchased online, but the item was used/defective? 

I just received a sephora favorites set that I purchased online. The sephora cardboard box is all sealed and taped up with packing tape and mailing sticker. But when I opened it, the SF set was in a weird wrinkled plastic bag. And when I took it out, I noticed the set been opened and there is one item missing in the box. 

Of course I want to return it asap. But will the store take it back? Since they might think I was the one opened it and took that one item and try to return it after? 

IMG_7818.JPGIMG_7819.JPGIMG_7820.JPG

Spoiler

Hey all! 

I've been using Anastasia's Lash Genius for a long time to keep my mascara from ending up under my eyes (even waterproof was smudging). It's been discontinued and I was hoping some of you ladies might have a suggestion for another great clear topcoat for lashes.

@NotCrocker I've been using NYX's Proof It mascara top coat and it works just as well for me Smiley Happy it applies white rather than clear like the ABH but keeps mascara from smudging the same. Give it a try!

I'm still not over ABH Lash Genius being discontinued. It was an HG product for me. 

I have heard that Ulta, NYX, and Clarins make a clear top coat. However, it looks like the Clarins one went under some changes (formula and brush design) and based on reviews, it wasn't for the better. That would be something to keep in mind.

Definitely, let us know if you find a good dupe! @NotCrocker

@lmi82 It was definitely HG for me as well! Thanks for the tips, I will give a few of those a try! And yeah, it was pretty heartbreaking to see it go!

I'm new to this forum so I hope I am asking my question in the right place lol

I am wondering if anyone has used the Juice Beauty Stem Cellular serum? I received a deluxe sized sample a while ago and decided to try it out. I used it yesterday morning and again before bed and when I woke up this morning my face looked flawless! Like I'm talking completely even and zero redness (I usually have redness in the middle of my face, especially around my nose and a bit on my chin). I seriously woke up and didn't even want to put on makeup but had to because of work. This serum is for anti-wrinkle not skin tone evening/anti-redness so I'm just wondering if anyone has used it over a period of time and has some feedback? It's ridiculously expensive but if it's worth it, it's something I'd consider

Thanks!

xx Liv

i may have to try this. my face has a pink flush to it that i'd like to even out.

@LivKoven I've tried this one before and had similar results! My skin was very calm/smooth/soft in the morning. I definitely liked it, but brushed it aside because I wasn't familiar with the brand and because it was almost $80 for an ounce. At that price range, I thought it was best for me to just stick to serums I was familiar with Smiley Happy **Clinique Smart Serum is one of my HGs and comes in at $60/oz

@whitepolkydots That's the thing for me too, I know nothing about Juice Beauty aside from it being all natural, vegan and made from acidic fruit juices. I don't know anyone that loves it or even uses it. The price point is insane but my skin is absolutely loving it!

Clinique Smart Serum is your HG? I actually have it and have been using it some for the past few weeks but haven't been enjoying it. That being said, I've been only doing it in the morning- maybe I'll try it at night and give that a shot Smiley Happy

Does anyone have a phone number for So Choix customer service?

Attempting to go to their website indicates they no longer exist, and an email to their support address got bounced back as "undeliverable"

Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 12.46.02 PM.png

Thanks @Madeline7 and @whitepolkydots. I suspected that would be the case. I'm glad I tried all reasonable methods of contact before contacting my CC company, since the first question upon calling to dispute was "have you tried to contact them"?

Getting a little stalker-esque, I went onto LinkedIn, and got some names of folks who are So Choix Advisors, on their board, etc. I'm not able to easily contact them (they aren't in my network and I don't have a premium LinkedIn membership), and it seems a little (or a lot) over the top to contact them to inquire if Ellie was sincere in email when she stated "What I don't want is for you to ... think you're being scammed."

@SheWhoSkis there is no way to contact them.  They've cancelled their phone lines, website, email, social media.  The owner has even deleted all her contact info on sites like crunchbase and medium, taken down all her blogs.  She's fled.

File a dispute with your bank if you can Smiley Sad

@SheWhoSkis i would imagine that they're not staffing their CS line? Seeing as everything linked to them has been taken down. Some people in the Beauty Sub thread, as well as MSA, recommended going directly through your bank to unsubscribe. Annoying I know Smiley Sad

Has anyone tried The Ordinary's 10% Lactic Acid + 2% HA?

I recently fell deeply in love with Sunday Riley's Good Genes and with what lactic acid can apparently do to my skin... but not so much in love with the price tag.

A blog "Save or Splurge" post said the Ordinary was a great, cheaper alternative, with even a higher level of lactic acid!

I already bought a bottle, at $7!, so I'm already "invested," but just was curious! I couldn't find a thread for the brand but have seen its name around BT before...

@KatieKabam I haven't tried this particular product but reviews of the Ordinary products can be found in the Deciem (their parent company) thread:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/DECIEM-THREAD/m-p/2729996#M36359

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction, @Mochapj! I knew I should've tried searching for the parent company!

@KatieKabam

Stephanie Nicole did a very extensive YouTube review on the Ordinary. She loves SR Good Genes as well.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp6_n9IARPY

Does anyone have the Marc Jacobs coconut primer? I bought it around October 2016 and I went to use it today but when I pumped it out it had a strange consistency even a clear strip came out (keep in mind I shaked it for awhile). It even smells funky. I bought it from Sephora.