Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

Thank you @lylysa I'll give that a try!

Has anyone tried out Beauty Pie? I'm thinking about signing up.

Hm I've never heard of it.

I've been curious, too! If you sign up, please let us know what you think.

I've recently purchased quite a few skincare items, after a pretty long no-buy/extremely low buy- mainly necessities and using up my stash.  I justified/still justify breaking it because my bday was in February, lol.

Now I just want to. Use. It. All. Every. Single. Thing. All. At. Once.    I also know this isn't a good idea at all, and need to decide on a couple items..

Anyone else share this this sentiment with me?  It used to be makeup when I first got into higher end makeup, but has changed to skincare. I dedicate my theory on skincare matters more to a BTer.  

Tl;dr.   My question is does anyone get a huge haul and feel compelled to try it all?

@makeupobesessed Yesss but with lip/eye makeup Smiley Tongue If I did that with skincare, my skin would shut down that party REAL fast..

@whitepolkydots me too!!!! 😂😂😂 I've definitely incurred some serious wrath from my skin as a direct result of trying too many new products at once. Then it's a nightmare to figure out which ones caused the awful reactions.

Although I haven't contributed to BT in quite some time, I've continued to follow a number of threads and am confident that I'm asking advice from the right kind of folks here. Smiley Happy

ANYWAY, I'm looking to order (during the sale, of course) the best black lipstick that Sephora has to offer.  Haha, big dilemma.. I know. But I've more or less narrowed it down to two: KVD Witches, and UD Perversion. Although I'd be down to try another brand/formula, these two seem to be the top-runners. 

Would anyone care to weigh in their opinion? I really enjoy KVD's liquid lip formula, but I also like that the Vice formula (comfort matte, bullet) gives me the option to reapply if needed. 

TLDR: ISO black lipstick from Sephora website. Nothing says spring like a matte black lip, right?

Thanks in advance! Smiley Happy

@AllysonJo I'd go with Kat Von D. Her liquid lips don't transfer the way regular lipstick can and with a black lip that may be more relevant of an issue to consider? Just my opinion though.

I'd go with the Kat Von D. The formula lasts forever, and it doesn't smear which is a fear I always have with lipstick. I also think the KVD is more opaque and bold, and it won't need to be reapplied. I also prefer the matte finish for a black lip, but it's up to you.

Ever since getting the sample of Peony the other day as a promo code I've been transfixed on this brand. I want to get a full size bottle but don't know which scent is the best. I saw Amazon had a sample set for like $35 but I've had bad dealings with Amazon in the past, and that's for household stuff. Should I risk not getting an accurate read on the brand going through Amazon or does anyone else have any ideas on how to sample her scents? I went to my local Nordstroms and they do not carry the line in store. The closest place to me is Richmond and that's a bit of a hike just to smell some things. Any recommendations would be appreciated. I cross posted this in the jo malone thread because this one gets more traffic but the other one might help others if someone answers my question?

@liv545

If you're in no rush to try them and this may not be helpful, but I suggest going on the trade thread to request for samples. I know nordstrom sometimes has jo malone in the sample section but it comes and goes. 

Edit: Check out @Madeline7's post on the deal thread

Also, if you need help, go to the Fragrance thread

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Fragrance/Fragrance-Junkie-Central/m-p/2222170/highlight/true#M8919

The ladies there are wonderful and helpful!!

@lisainprogress that is a great idea!! It isn't a rush by any means. I won't die from lack of immediate smellygoods. I'm going to check my stash for tradeables when I get home and then post on the trade thread. We're currently en route back from the airport.

What Tarte Shape Tape concealer shade is closest to Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Honey?

Check out @accordingtoame on instagram! She has swatches of all the nars concealers next to the shape tape ones

Edit: forgot to tag you @TKLJ Smiley Happy

@whitepolkydots Thank you! Her swatches were very helpful (though I'm still going to order three from Ulta and play around with them, because I'm a crazy person). Smiley Happy

Random and not at all makeup/skincare related: If a person (or I) has small/flat chest, small waist, proportionally larger butt (but not wider hips), is it that the person has a pear-shaped body?

I'm not an expert either, but I think a pear shape means you have hips that are significantly wider than your waist. I'm not sure how the bum relates to the shape types. @HoneydewK

It depends. Pear shapes often have curvy bottoms and broad hips, but it's hard to tell without actually seeing, @HoneydewK. I'm actually a stylist, but even I have a hard time categorizing everyone into exact shapes because not everyone neatly fits into a specific category.

I wanted to get a facial oil during the sale, and the one I really wanted doesn't seem to be on the website anymore (the Laura Mercier Rose oil- used up a deluxe sample and really liked it). So I decided to go for the Nude progenius omega treatment oil that has been in the sale section for who knows how long. I've always been curious about Nude products so I thought, why not? But now I am worried about it being very old- and I can't check the batch code because I can't find the brand on any of those websites where you can check manufacturing date. I am acne prone and don't want to put a very old product on my skin (shoulda considered this before I guess!)

Question is: has anyone ordered any of the Nude products from the sale section lately? If so, have they seemed off or caused any skin issues? Should it be okay since it is sealed?

@spiderlashes most reputable sites discard their inventory when it's at a certain date. I would trust Sephora personally but you can also email Nude directly and give them the batch code to double check Smiley Happy