Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

@lylysa Okay, first off girl. You're a rockstar!!! Thank you for such a detailed response! I'm gonna do this DIY as soon as I have some free time. 

Secondly, my mind is blown. I had no clue magnetic paint even exists!! 

Thanks again! <3

You're welcome, and thank you for the kind words! I'm happy to help out!

In the blog that I pulled that tutorial from, the blogger used Martha Stewart's magnetic paint (can be found in Home Depot locations for about $5).

Martha Stewart Crafts 4-oz. Magnetic Paint

Krylon also has a magnetic spray paint primer that may be worth checking out.

If you end up doing the DIY route, let us know how it goes! Smiley Very Happy

I just took a screenshot of your name so I remember who to tag...let's just hope the photo doesn't get lost in the abyss of other photos lol. 

Im definitely excited to do it. It'll be my "treat" once things arent so crazy and hectic for me. 

My original naked palette is completely falling apart on me, so I'm eager to depot! Smiley Happy

^_^

Crafty projects are always super fun! All the best in the depotting process (fingers crossed that no pan gives you trouble).

Is it okay to use an expired eye cream? I traded for a DS of Cliniques eye cream but just looked up the batch code and found out its shelf life of 3 years expired feb 2017. It's still new (idk if completely unopened as I'm not the original owner). 

Is it safe to use? Or do I need to throw it away? 

That was barely a month ago.  Get cracking on it! 

Thanks @wheeeee! I wasn't sure if it's bad since the eye area is so sensitive and delicate. 

Hopefully it'll last. I'm already using a Clinique ds and am maybe halfway done with it before I can use this expired one. 

@pinyo i would probably worry more that any active ingredients had lost efficacy by this point? esp if you're unsure if it has been opened or not. is it in a jar or a tube?

@underwhelmed11 it's a mini jar. 

Like underwhelmed11 said below, it's the active ingredients that I would check into. If it's a more basic eye cream formula without potent ingredients like retinol or AHAs then it may still be good to use, especially if it's been stored properly and not exposed to the elements. When in doubt, reach out to Clinique's CS team to see what they say. I'd key into how it feels, smells, and looks too. If you find it's separated, smells rancid or off-putting, or feels like the formula isn't up to par I wouldn't risk it.

If the formula is pretty basic and nothing is off about its qualities and you're still not 100% sure you want to use it on your face, try using it as a cuticle cream for your fingers! Smiley Very Happy

What is your favorite lip balm? At this point price doesn't even matter. I've tried good old aquaphor, paw paw, and balm dotcom. 

I can't speak highly enough of the Farmacy Lip Bloom:

http://www.sephora.com/lip-bloom-P399969?skuId=1755073&icid2=farmacy_lp_bestsellers_carouselSmiley Tongue399969

I prefer the Lavender Mint flavor but they have plenty of others to choose from!

My absolute favorites are the Nuxe Rêve de Miel lip balms.

Spoiler
Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm Rêve de Miel
Lip Moisturizing Stick Rêve de Miel

The jar lip balm is much more moisturizing than the moisturizing stick, though. I like to use the jar one at night and the stick one during the day. I've noticed that they've been moved to the "Last Chance" section on the Nuxe website. Looks like they're being discontinued. Such an idiot move for Nuxe to make. 

Anyway, I also like the Burt's Bees lip balms in Mango and Coconut & Pear. The Mango lip balm is the more moisturizing of the two.

Oh, and the Dr. Dan's CortiBalm is also a good one. It saved my lips when I was on accutane. 

Hope this helps! @740p

@740p  I've tried plenty and my HG still remains Intelligent Nutrients Lip Delivery Nutrition. Nothing can beat this lip balm! Smiley Happy

@740p High end, my favorite is Fresh Sugar. Drug store, Yes To! Coconuts or Soft Lips are my favorite. 

I love the smith's rosebud salve in a tube! SO GOOD!

Quick question: Has anyone used Grape water by Caudalie? I'm unsure of how it would be for a combo/oily skin. Have any of you used it? How do you like it? 

@kromance I have used it and have combo skin (more normal in winter). It is good for a temporary hydration boost. The mist is very fine and cooling (extra nice in the summer). It doesn't make me more or less oily and the water on my face will absorb/evaporate in 5-10 mins.

@bonafide11

Thank you for the reply Smiley Happy.. I think if anything i will probably purchase the smallest size to see how it fares with the my skin.   Do you recommend any other facial mists - specifically to use after acids treatments to help combat the dryness?

XO

@kromance I really like Josh Rosebrook's Hydrating Accelerator. It's great for anytime. Recently picked up the Dr Dennis Gross C + collagen mist and enjoying that so far.

I use it, mostly just for one last little bit of hydration before bed (I keep it on my nightstand). It feels nice and mist is fine, steady and fast so it's pleasant. I don't think it's a must-have but it's a nice-to-have. It makes me feel fancy getting ready for bed.