Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

IMG_0374.JPG

I thought this picture was added to my first post replying. Mobile site strikes again

That is so pretty! I was looking at that highlighter and the unicorn brushes they had.

I wish they had Primark on the west coast! 

I have one extra let me know if you want it and I'll ship it to you next week when I'm back from spring break 😎 @Karmatic 

YOU ARE LITERALLY AN ANGEL. @YoiFran

@YoiFran OMG really? Thank you so much and I just PMed you!

@myumew Got it! Send me your address 😊

I have a primark store nearby. I will stop on my way home and check for it 😊 @myumew

I'm so jealous! I wish I lived near one.. Smiley Sad BTW I would seriously be down to buy one from you LOL unless you're already serious.. @YoiFran

@myumew I got one for you one for me. Send me a PM with your mailing address 😊

I didn't see that one on there website. But it looks like they have some stores in in the North Eastern US.

I need help with splitting nails Smiley Sad My index fingernail will not stop splitting. Like the top layer keeps separating from the bottom. Any advice on a nail product to help this? I moisturize my cuticles like crazy with everything from Solar Oil to Argan to coconut. I have to keep filing that nail down to a nub. Usually my nails are very strong so I don't know what's going on. 

@pixiedust2 my nails would occasionally do this but I started noticing a big difference once I started taking vitamins for Hair, Skin & Nails.  I get whatever brand is on sale at Target...

hair.JPG

Thanks @ZombieMetroAnt I'm going to give these a try!

I've had this issue! Drink more water!!! I think it's from dehydration- that's what has worked for me so far. I used to have terrible, peeling nails @pixiedust2

@jesscheems Thank you! I do drink a lot of water, but maybe not enough!! Going to pour a glass right now ! Smiley Happy

In addition to moisturizing your nails and hands, I'd recommend being conscientious of aspects like the use of hand sanitizer (alcohol in the formula can be dehydrating on the nail bed); the temperature of water you're using either in the shower, when you're washing your hands, or even when you're doing the dishes (I'm not saying to use frigid water, but if the temperature is super hot then that can also dehydrate skin and nails, leading to splits, try to wear gloves when washing dishes or even sulfate-free/gentle detergents or soaps to wash dishes or hands); and what the weather has been like (colder weather can also zap moisture, so even a pair of basic gloves worn when you're out or when hands are exposed in instances like pumping gas can serve as a protective layer).

@lylysa Thank you for your reply. And also, thank you as just a member of this community. Your responses are always so detailed and full of information! I learn a lot from you, you really know your stuff!

i always wear gloves when cleaning or doing dishes, but you may have a point about my showering. I like really hot showers. I'm going to take your suggestion and try a cooler temp. I might even wear gloves when I wash and condition my hair. I always have a giant box of latex gloves laying around because I color my hair.  

You're welcome, pixiedust2!

Sometimes it's the little things that can add up and before you know it, they can wreck havoc!

Sometimes after my nail polish has begun to chip away and I'm taking a hot shower I notice more and more of the polish begins to peel back from my nail beds and I'm like "Uh oh, time dial it back down so I'm not also damaging/softening my nails!". If you have any sleep gloves, try to slather nails with some oil or a rich hand cream too and keep them wrapped as you sleep!

This probably isn't the advice you're looking for, but I would say just leave the nail alone?

if you rarely/never have this problem, I'd guess that all the manipulation could be stressing it out? If possible, I'd recommend leaving your nail alone until it heals on its own. Also, I heard biotin pills are really great for your nails and hair. 

@pixiedust2 I really like OPI Nail Envy Original formula.  My nails split if I don't keep them polished but I find that Nail Envy has greatly improved my nails.

@AMK721 Thanks for the Nail Envy suggestion. I will check this out on my next Ulta trip.