Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

Douglas is another metallic that's a soft pink but more cool toned.

Another suggestion might be to check out the satin Lips & Boys formula. I know you said you're looking for something with a little shimmer, but didn't like how metallic the formula of Eric was. You may want to see how you like the satin formula. Neither matte nor metallic - it has a healthy glossier look.

Something to think about Smiley Happy

@SheWhoSkis L&B Cooper is a rich pink with shimmer.  It would look a bold fuchsia on you, but it is one of my favourite lip colours.

Cooper.jpg

L&B John is a medium pink with shimmer - not sure if it is still available, but OCC might have it.

John.jpg

Lol, great minds think alike (cough cough) @greenchilli Smiley Wink I also recommend these 2 or Francesco @SheWhoSkis

This is probably a silly question but I'm going to ask anyway because I can't figure it out on my own... 

How do you properly do spoilers? 

@gonerogue. I guess it depends on what you mean by properly, but there a smiley face emoji eat the top of the comment box with what I think* is a white thought bubble.  I click on that and a grey box appears where my cursor was last.  I type in this box the content I want as a spoiler.  Was this what you were looking for?

BTW... not a silly question at all!

Spoiler
Spoiler: TEST Smiley Happy

This is a test. Let me know if it works @missjeanie Smiley Happy

Yes, ma'am! You're ready to spoil away!

@missjeanie I'm going to have to get back to you tomorrow to see if that works for me because I am still at work and nowhere near a computer to check. BT on my phone only half functions... it will let me reply to you but it won't let me do much else. I'll reply tomorrow with a test spoiler tag for you 🙂

There's a few Tom ford lipstick and boys I want. 

I'd prefer to buy them during the November 20% off sale, but I can't decide if I should get them in the upcoming 15% off. 

Will the collection be around until late November? Smiley Happy 

@pinyo that's debatable.

tf refreshes the lips and boys in November, usually around thanksgiving.

in previous years they have kept 25 of the bestselling shades, retired the other 25 shades and introduced 25 new shades (because there are always 50 shades total)

so, it probably depends which ones you want. If they're some of the 25 most popular, chances are they will still be around/brought back again. 

You could also grab them from Saks when they run one of their higher % off codes if you're worried about them not lasting until November.

@Mochapj Thank you! I'm most interested in getting jack, Ryan, and snowdon. 

Those 3 probably aren't the most popular 25 in the collection, right? 

@pinyo those 3 were all part of the 'new' boys released in 2016, so I'm not sure whether they are popular sellers yet.

Eeeek! Maybe I will pick them up asap! Thank you! 

Does anyone have the ABH Gleam Kit? Could you either post or PM me photos of the packaging and back of the pans?

I want to make sure it's real before I buy ^_^

@StephaniLynn  Counterfeits are the worst.  I've been looking for That Glow for the longest and all I have found are very convincing fakes.  Here are pictures of mine.  Let me know if you want any other angles or closer shots. (BT reoriented some of my pics)IMG_0196.JPG

Spoiler

IMG_0192.JPG

IMG_0197.JPGIMG_0198.JPGIMG_0200.JPGIMG_0201.JPGIMG_0202.JPGIMG_0203.JPG

IMG_0206.JPG

@Annaihk Thank you so much! 

PS that glow is available on the ABH websiteSmiley Wink

DF0A3A0D-4882-4685-9BF4-51054D95F1ED.jpg

DC4458DD-6F2F-42D6-8B32-FFAE56A90AC2.jpg

CD30BFC7-EA35-40C0-BD00-4F3E1A1C44CE.jpg

@myumew thank you!❤️

Anybody notice how the new Bite Beauty set went from $45 CAD yesterday to $56 CAD this morning?

IMG_3071.PNG

IMG_3071.PNG

It still shows up as $45 on the new arrivals page. Can anyone tell me (or any of the mods?) if Sephora would honour the $45 price that was originally advertised?

@Saschattack  @veronika23 i bet they applied the US price to Canada in error, as I believe it's $45US as well?

@Mochapj It was listed for $42 US and $45 for CAD. Really disappointed in the price change. I should've placed the order earlier but I was waiting for a good promo code. Now I don't think I'm going to get it at all. 

1 Reply