Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

@DiVWA I have the Remington Pearl Pro Ceramic from Ulta and use it on small sections of my hair too. It's $24 right now with the non-prestige 20% off coupon and has a pretty good rating. The default temp is ~380, but I have fine hair and always turn it down to 300. It heats up in ~30 seconds (at 300 deg) and I've never noticed it snagging my hair. To be fair, I've never tried any high end straighteners before so I can't compare it to others. I also have fine straight hair that doesn't take much to straighten. Anyways .. feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions! Smiley Happy

TY @whitepolkydots. That one sounds right up my alley.

ok brush experts, i need some advice! i really want an eyeshadow brush for all my sparkly shadows, preferably something smaller that i can use to pack color on and detail. i'm open to brands, but would prefer something i can get at nordy or macy's as i have gift cards Smiley Happy

Both Nordies and Macy's carry MAC brushes (239, 248 are pretty popular) as well as Bobbi Brown. Nordies also carries Sigma brushes which are popular as well.

thanks @makeitup305! are those good for shimmery shadows? i'm still sort of clueless about brushes sometimes.

@unfungirl I use the MAC 242 for shimmery or glitter shadows. It's a denser brush that helps pack the shadow on. Any of their shader brushes may work, that is the only one I own and I like how it applies. 

@Fedele13 ooohh thanks! that's the one i was eyeing! Smiley Happy

@unfungirl You're Welcome. Hope you like it as much as I do if you get it! 😊

i will let you know @Fedele13! i LOVE my 217 and 239 so i'm sure i wlll! thanks againSmiley Happy

@unfungirl I really like Wayne Goss 05. It's tiny and precise, but packs a punch. 

thanks @MSena! i am so going to try his brushes Smiley Happy

Hi ladies. I'm going to be working in the interview room at a big awards show that rhymes with the Schmoscars in a couple weeks. The dress code for press is the same as the rest of the attendees (formal gowns) so even though I'll be working it's still a big dress-up event. 

I was thinking about getting my hair done at Dry Bar that morning. I've never used their services but DO like their products and there's one right down the street from me. I was wondering if anyone has gone to their salons and if you think it's worth it for basically a hair wash, dry and straighten. Honestly, I can (and do) all those things on my own for free. I would really only be going for a special treat and trying to relax before an exhausting day. But I've already spent a lot getting ready for this event (which, again, is for work so it's kind of annoying actually!) so I don't really know! 

Basically, is a Dry Bar experience amazing enough to justify the cost? Thanks! Smiley Happy

@starsandbucks

giphy.gif

I say go for it!  The "schmoscars" is totally worth a trip to DB, at least to help you relax 00.JPG Try to squeeze in some fun into this assignment & hopefully you can score a swag bag too!!  Heart

I've heard that they'll feed us really well so I'm looking forward to that even if I don't bring home any freebies. This is my first time so I'm not sure what to expect! At the very least I will try to post my face of the day and dress on the what are you wearing thread when the time comes. Smiley Happy

@starsandbucks I don't have experience with Dry Bar salon services, but I just wanted to wish you luck on your interviews!  This sounds like a blast!   Please share a photo of your finished look - this is exciting! Smiley Happy

I think this probably depends on the salon.  However, I am all about treating yourself so I vote do it.

Ive never done a dry bar experience, but to be at the "Schmoscars" sounds like it would warrant a trip to just feel fabulous, and be part of the experience.  Especially if its once in a lifetime, which for most of us, it woul dbe.  Not sure if your job always gives opportunities for something like this, but wow!

Just curious if anyone else ends up spraying their hair and shirt when using a setting spray. I love the idea of setting spray but hate the feeling of spraying my face which always leads to me wildly over spraying the entire perimeter of about a three foot radius around my head. 

Related: Has anyone tried the new GlamGlow setting spray yet? Unsurprisingly I go through setting spray really quickly and am getting low. 

@starsandbucks. I have not tried the Glamglow setting spray, but I feel your pain about getting setting spray on my hair - especially after I've just straightened it! Smiley Sad

Ok, this sounds weird I know but what about using one of those tissue-type toilet seat covers? Stick your head in the hole there and then the "cover" part protects your hair and clothing. Sounds weird but then like it might work?

I like idea of repurposing things like that. @starsandbucks

Bonus points if you post a photo of you doing that! 😂

8 Replies