Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

Is this really the new website?  Are they legit not going to let us search by brand?  That makes it harder for me to shop, so less likely to buy.  Maybe I am in the minority for that but I don't understand why they are making it harder to find things.  I assume they have done their research and this increases sales in some manner but for me it makes it harder and more annoying.

Trust me when I say you're not in the minority with finding the site revamp more difficult to navigate and even make purchases through. There have been tons of posts in various threads regarding the dissatisfaction of how aspects have disappeared or how folks keep running into error messages non-stop when trying to check out product pages or move forward with purchases.

It appears that at this time Sephora is aware of this issues and the site is still in progress. I've personally found that I'm able to access some product pages now a bit better versus a few days ago when I could only get to the front page and Beauty Talk (and that was it), but it's still no where from being problem-free. Moderators and users here have advised to try different browsers, clearing your cache/cookies, or even utilizing the mobile app (which appears to be running without any issues for the time being).

It's been tough for me to browse pages to pull product information and even images from to respond to other threads. Fingers crossed this gets resolved soon.

@begonia46 so glad you mentioned this, I have been trying to figure out where the brands list was and I thought it was just my technologically challenged self that wasn't finding it, but really its because its actually not there!

@begonia46@EmmyLove here are some links to brands pages:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:2bLb_cEITYcJ:www.sephora.com/brand/list.jsp+&cd...

courtesy of @trishavt

and this one for Canadian brands

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:uO-cDY3-DtcJ:www.sephora.com/brand/list.jsp%3Fc...

thanks to @veronika23

And I had found a different brands link by accident last week, but apparently it has stopped working. These archive links should keep working though.

@gingerleigh@trishavt@veronika23 Thank you so much for making it so easy to search brands!!

thanks.jpg

Does anyone have any experience with hot brushes/straighteners?

I'm looking into maybe getting one to cut down on straightening time when i'm in the mood for straight hair. 

Are they any good or do you still prefer a flat iron?

Is there a specific brand or model you recommend? 

I really enjoy my Amika Blowout Babe Thermal Brush! For ref I have wavy, color treated hair.  It's not fine or thick, just in between.

http://www.sephora.com/blowout-babe-thermal-brush-P396012?skuId=1703560&om_mmc=ppc-GG_381463959_2749...

@MiaM7 Thanks! I have fine hair but a lot of it and it is super curly. I'm hoping to find something that will work with my lightened(platinum blonde) hair.

I love my In Styler Straight Up hot brush. I find it's a lot faster than flat irons.

hi Stephanie,

I have a GHD flat iron Ive had for years and its still going strong.  My hair is wavy and normal, and this iron gets really hot, like 450 degrees.  I only need one pass to get my hair pin straight.  I also use Living Proof straight spray (recommended by lylysa many moons ago and I still use it) and my hair stays straight through two (mayyybe 3 - if I dont get oily) days.

However, I find that I usually just blow dry my hair straight since I prefer more body than I get with a flat iron.  I still use the spray...after blowdrying, I then take a curling iron and put some waves or whatever Im in the mood for...

I have a question about Sunday Riley Blue Moon Cleansing Balm. Is the jar usually sealed so that it can't leak?  Does the cleansing balm usually look like solid light blue wax when you first open the jar? 

I received a jar today that wasn't sealed and leaked oil onto its box.  The product looks like dry light blue wax.  Does anyone remember if their jar was sealed with anything but a tight lid?

Mine wasn't sealed with anything,and occasionally leaks out. It is definitely a light blue color. It's been too long so I can't say about the wax look, sorry. 

@Mochapj@Samtian,

Thanks so much!  Smiley Happy  You together both answered my question perfectly! Yes, there was a plastic disc under the cap, stuck to the lid.  Not much of a seal.

Ooh yes mine had the disc, I completely forgot about that.

@tsavorite it's been almost a year since I had a pot so I can't recall for certain about the seal but it was definitely a dry, waxy light blue. It gets less waxy textured once you start digging into it

i thought mine had one of those flimsy plastic discs that fits over the opening under the cap, but I could be wrong 

Anybody notice how the new Bite Beauty set went from $45 CAD yesterday to $56 CAD this morning?

IMG_3071.PNG

IMG_3071.PNG

It still shows up as $45 on the new arrivals page. Can anyone tell me (or any of the mods?) if Sephora would honour the $45 price that was originally advertised?

WOH! What the heck???

@Saschattack  @veronika23 i bet they applied the US price to Canada in error, as I believe it's $45US as well?

@Mochapj   ahhh that explains it. Thx!

@Mochapj It was listed for $42 US and $45 for CAD. Really disappointed in the price change. I should've placed the order earlier but I was waiting for a good promo code. Now I don't think I'm going to get it at all. 

Does anyone have the ABH Gleam Kit? Could you either post or PM me photos of the packaging and back of the pans?

I want to make sure it's real before I buy ^_^