Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I haven't tried blenders much to apply liquid highlight, I'll give it a shot with my Sephora Collection blender! Thanks for your suggestion!!

Hey, BeautyTalkers, need your advice. Would you go back to the store to complain, very belatedly, about a defective part of a set or let it go?

I bought the Sephora Favorites Summer Hair Saviors Kit in store this June, and didn't notice one of the items was defective until way after the return period (and after I'd used many of the items). I'd just chalk it up to experience, but it might be safety issue (broken glass) that Sephora should be informed about. The eye dropper on the Madam CJ Walker coconut oil was broken off at the tip, so it's a jagged shard of glass. I don't think it broke in transit because I couldn't find the missing piece in the box. It looked like it was just an unusual dropper until I realized it was razor sharp.

I was using the items one by one, to evaluate them, and this was the last one, thus the lateness. It's not very convenient to bring it back to the store, but do you think it would it be worth it, anyway?

I have such mixed feelings about this set. Good products, but some leaked, and I think the ACV might have gone bad.

[edited to correct product name]

If your main objective is to report the defect to Sephora, I would suggest calling the customer service line instead. You are also more likely to get some sort of compensation (in the form of points) if you go that route, because the CS rep can award you points on the spot. 

I don't know exactly what reporting channels Sephora corporate has, but my guess is that a CS rep's report on your call, which goes straight into their computer system *somewhere,* is going to be a better bet than a conversation with an SA in a store, which may never be recorded or sent up the chain at all.

Given the time that's passed and the fact that you've already used the other items in the set, I don't think you're likely to get any kind of refund, full or partial, from taking any of it back to the store. Given that, I don't think there's anything to be gained from a store visit vs a call. But if you have the time, you might as well make the call. Worst case you spend an hour on hold while you do other stuff on your computer, or whatever.

@JazaChai You have excellent points on how to solve a problem!! So happy that you have a good head on your shoulders!! <3<3

Thank you. Yes, you're exactly right, I do want to increase the odds that this gets up the chain. Nobody needs to find an unexpectedly knife sharp applicator in their bathroom!!

PS: Tried to heart you, but might have un-hearted you! Does anyone else have trouble with hearts on mobile?

Ok so I was in a quite similar situation.

I got the perfume sample set that let you exchange for the full size. So one of the sample was empty, leaked or whatever I don't know. 

So I brought the set back to store, explained the situation, and the SA got the perfume sample in the store, and made 6 samples for me out of it. 

I mean, if you wanna try it, maybe just bring it back to the store, explain the whole thing, they prolly gonna give  you a sample from the store. 

I've been wondering for a while, what's the best way to use Good Genes? I'm working on a DS of it and have been using it like a serum, but I feel like my skin isn't getting the most out of it.

@maddieb25 I don't use Good Genes, but IIRC @KateLovesYSL is a faithful user of Sunday Riley products, including Good Genes. Hope she sees this and chimes in! Smiley Happy

@maddieb25 my SA's told me with good genes to put on first after cleansing in the morning unless your skin can't handle it first. 

@maddieb25 I believe you can use it as a mask - apply generously and rinse off after 10-15 minutes (I believe?).

Given the price tag, I just can't fathom using it as a mask lol.

I use it the way @CC3616 mentioned - in the morning, immediately after cleansing.

I use Good Genes daily as a serum after I cleanse my skin/or right out of show after using Sunday Riley's toner. I found it has worked great this way. I find using it as a mask wouldn't really work in my opinion...unless I think you can mix with something else from the Sunday Riley line and create a flash mask, I read on one of the product pages once. 

Help!!

Does anybody else get random flare ups of irritated skin? 

Im getting nervous because it's been a few days now and my skin is still so itchy. My skin had bumps all over my face that are red and super itchy. Even the slight touch of my hair irritates my skin. My lips are also super red and irritated and have bumps all along the edges. They feel a bit swollen too. 

I havent used anything different lip or skin wise. I live in Southern California---could my problems be at all related to the warm weather? 

Anybody have advice on what to do to calm my skin? It's beyond mad at me. I tried aloe but that didn't help. I'm doing my typical FAB cleanser morning and night. Then at night following with my medicated topical lotion, tatcha overnight memory serum, then cetaphil. I've stopped all toning and exfoliators. For lips I'm just using my typical jack black balm, but just switched to aquaphor. I'm hoping that'll help my lips but Idk what to do. Help help help! thanks in advance. 

I got a really bad flare up of something where whenever I itched and scratched more bumps would pop up and the texture was all bumpy. My skin texture went off. Anyways, for me I took scalding hot showers and baths to stop me from physically scratching and then iced it when I was out of the water. I think you should just stop using anything on your skin for a while until it gets better, even skincare.

Thank you! I'm gonna try out your ideas Smiley Happy 

Is it the sun because you have been using a lot of skin care beauty products?

I found that after I got my Clarisonic and became a skin care junkie that my skin would get red, bumpy and itchy. Even slight patting to stop the itch (I really wanted to scratch myself) would flare me up.

I feel my face burning up in the car.  Especially after going from a low sports car to a SUV.  I just feel more exposed in there.  Now, I wear a veil in the car and no more red, bumpy flare-ups. 

For me, like I suspected, it was the sun exposure. I guess it was too much for freshly exfoliated glowing skin! 

Maybe? I've recently been cooped up indoors and only am in the "sun" when I'm commuting to and from work. About 80mins total. 

Im gonna try your veil idea. Hopefully it's as simple as that! Thank you! Smiley Happy 

How long does it normally take Urban Decay to ship out items in Canada? I placed an order on the 14th. 

@jesscheems It usually takes about 2-3 days for my order to ship with UD. Then another 2-3 days to arrive.

I've noticed that often my shipping notification emails are late and my UD account updates faster to show that items have shipped. 

@lachaton Thank you! I checked my account but my order is still 'processing'. Hopefully it ships out today =) Just antsy because 10 bucks for the shadow box was such an awesome deal!!! Smiley Very Happy

@jesscheems do you have a link for the $10 shadow box? I've been looking online and the only price I can find is $28.

They changed the price back to 28 or something @Saschattack