Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

@itscarin - thanks for the input! My mom owns the Risk and likes it. Also in factor is the 3x points at Ulta. The Elchim goes on sale after the multiplier ends. The babybliss got good reviews which is why it made the top 3. I just want a hairdryer that gets hot and doesn't make me feel like I'm in a windstorm and my hair is going everywhere.

Does anyone know of a good jewelry cleaner for sterling silver jewelry? Thanks in advance Smiley Happy 

Silvo. I think that's what it's called and it comes in a small tin. You first coat the jewelry with it and then you wipe it all off and magically your stuff looks brand new!!! Best cleaner ever!

There are the special cloths for cleaning jewelry and silver. They probably have them at places like WalMart and Target. I've used those since I was a teenager. They work great.

@jen143xo The cloths that @RainbowRae mentioned are called rouge cloths like this on 

https://www.amazon DOT com/gp/aw/d/B001U5VLZW/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1475506563&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=silver+jewelry+polishing+rouge+cloth&dpPl=1&dpID=51RtQiJaZKL&ref=plSrch

image.jpeg

Thank you all so much!! My favorite Bauble Bar necklace is turning and I think these will help!! Smiley Very Happy @PaletteAddict99 @maskedteagal @RainbowRae

@jen143xo I use Wrights silver cream. It comes in this big tub but it works really well on my ring and necklaces. Can't remember where I got it but I'm sure Amazon has it Smiley Happy

I haven't ordered from Nordstrom in so long, when they ship your order and everything is marked 'shipped' does that mean you'll get all 3 samples you chose or do I have to wait until it comes in to see?

@StephaniLynn I think I have always gotten the same samples that I picked out upon ordering from Nordstoms but they have shipped the samples in their own separate box

@PaletteAddict99 Thanks! I'm hoping I do get the samples I chose. I think there were a few times where they didn't send them. I placed 2 tiny orders specifically for the samples yesterday lol!

@StephaniLynn  That's a riot! I never thought to do that but with Nordstrom's free shipping that makes perfect sense Smiley Happy I have had them end up canceling the main item that I ordered because it went oos and still send the samples. So I think your covered 

@PaletteAddict99 I've been trying to collect enough UD Vice lipstick samplers to make my own palette! Plus my nails/cuticles could use some therapy, which is what I orderedSmiley Wink

@StephaniLynn I wanted to do that too after I saw it posted but I'm to lazy LOL I hope you get them!

I love Becca highlighters, and have 4 colours.. Rose gold, opal, topaz and champagne pop... I really like the look of the new one that just came out: Rose Quartz. Now the question: Do I need it? I don't know how it would look on my NC30-42 complexion. Has anyone purchased it yet, and if you have, do you like it? Is it worth getting? 

Thank you all in advance Smiley Happy 

I LOVE ROSE QUARTZ! I'm a makeup hoarder, and it's limited edition so I say of course you need it! LOL, just kidding. But, I think it's really different from Becca's other highlights. It's much more of a softer highlight that looks glowy, and not so much of a "blinding" highlight. It's not too glittery, and there are no chunks of glitter in it. The packaging is also really pretty, but Becca has been coming out with a bunch of new products so maybe they will release something else with the some packaging.

I am a NC42, and it's super pretty on me. It doesn't look white/chalky on my skintone at all. It just brightens up the areas that I apply it on. I put it on my forehead, nose, chin, and cheekbones. I like a little more highlight on my cheekbones and my nose though, so I have to add another highlight on top of it. I like it so much, I'm thinking of getting another one.

@kromance

daaaamnnn lol @nikki25gee!!!! Master enabler you!   I had it in my cart but couldn't pull the trigger because i was so unsure about how it would look on tanned skin. But now that you mention that it looks pretty on our skintone - I feel confident in purchasing this! Thank youuuuu Smiley Happy

LOL! I'm sorry! I hope you like it as much as I do Smiley Very Happy

I got it a few days ago and wore it yesterday! I also have a full collection of Becca highlighters, and this one is just as nice. This one is quite different from the 4 you already have, so if you're looking for a lot of variety I think it's totally worth getting. 

@alexasteph It looks gorgeous. I put it in my cart, and will probably purchase it in the next few days. Thats good to hear that it lives up to the original highlighters. I couldn't find any information on this highlighter on darker skin tones when i did a google search - hopefully it doesn't look too chalky on me. 

This might be a dumb question but when setting my under-eye concealer should I swipe the powder on or should it be more of a buffing motion?  Maybe a gentle pat? What about if I'm "baking"? Help me Obi-Wans!

It's not a dumb question at all. I try to bake with loose powders and all that like the youtubers but um....I have another way.

My day to day way is:

I usually take a dry beautyblender and swipe it around my mac select sheer pressed powder and pat it onto my skin. Then depending on what concealer I used I'll swipe it away and blend it in or buff it in.

I know people say loose powders are the best but I only use that technique when I'm going full on glam with contouring and all that.