Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I have one for you! Sephora's own brand Contour Matte Gel Eyeliner Waterproof (oof), in Sly Like a Fox (terra cotta).

I own this and the quality and color are both great. It is definitely an orange-red, it is matte with no shimmer or glitter, and it goes on easily and then STAYS ON. Seriously budge-proof, waterproof, etc. I'm not sure how blendable it is because I haven't tried to use it like that, but I suspect you would have to work quickly before it sets.

http://www.sephora.com/contour-matte-gel-eyeliner-waterproof-P398003?skuId=1691401&icid2=category%20...

Thanks!  That is easily the closest I've yet seen.  It is a gorgeous color, and I will probably track it down, since I really like oranges around my eyes.  Ideally, I'm still looking for a rich, bright red or a fiery mostly-red orange.  But I do like that!

Folks, I have no idea why the links for a reply down the page showed up here.  But the sunscreen is irrelevant.  Sorry about that.

Unfortunately this is a shimmery one. But, if you google it, it is very beautiful!

http://www.sephora.com/aqua-liner-liquid-eyeliner-P286205?skuId=1325406&icid2=search_search_p286205_...

Ooh!  That might be the one.  All of the images online make it look much less glittery—though still shimmery—than it does in the product picture on the page.  And I do love the precision of a liquid liner.

Thanks so much.

image.jpg

And veronika23 posted these new liners coming soon!

I am just a bit confused @Harpier82 your question is about eyeliner but why the pics/links included are of sunscreens  🤔

Ooooops just saw your response about the links below 😉

I received Tokoyo Milk lip Elixier in mail today. The seal was completely intact but when I open it this is how it looks 

image.jpeg

Is it normal or by any chance someone has poked finger in it prior to sealing it?

I've purchased a few of these and they didn't look like that.... It is so gross if someone gouged and then sealed!

That's what I think so it's going back though it is such an inconvenience to go return a tiny thing 😡

That is kinda odd... Mine was perfectly flat :-/

Yes it is. Since It is first time I buy it so I wanted to check if it is a common occurrence.

If it makes you uncomfortable, definitely return it. Based on your picture, which admittedly is small on my phone, it looks to me like it may have gone through some temperature changes or bubbled (and deflated) somehow. 

But definitely get a fresh one, I probably would do the same thing. 

I second the bubble theory.

Same here. That's what it looks like!

Did yours come with a shrink wrap type wrap around the edges in addition to the tape on each side?  Mine  came with the shrink wrap which covered the tape strips.  It was like the plastic you have to pull off the Sephora eye liners.  If yours came without this, I would definitely send it back.

Any recommendations on illuminating (no sparkling) face primers? I've been rocking the same ol Smashbox forever lol.

Laura Mercier Radiance Primer!

I was about to mention it too! I have a deluxe sample and I have been reaching for it everytime I do my makeup!

I really like Burberry's Fresh Glow primer. It gives a natural looking glow to skin.