Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm curious about this as well... I just started wearing sunscreen religiously about a year ago and I now have several foundations that are just too dark.  I heard the same as @Mochapj about NYX coming up with something but can't remember where I heard it.  If there's something readily available I'd love to try it.  My only other use for these foundations was going to be to cover my super white legs with some body lotion mixed in! Lol

Ahhhh @missjeanie I just googled and it's already out! It's available online on their website for $10!

Looks like I'm going to have to try to fit in a run to the drugstore tomorrow! Hope my store has it in stock! Thanks for the info!

Okay, first of all, ignore my total / don't judge / I'm the person who puts everything in my cart to save it so, ya know, whatever. Anyway, why is Ulta doing this with the difference in subtotal and total? I added everything up and the subtotal is right, and I don't have any discounts or anything?

Untitled.png

Sometimes it will somehow "save" one of those 3.50 of 10 coupons from order to order, if you still have qualifying merchandise in your new bag. That looks like what's happened here since the difference is exactly 3.50.

Oh, interesting. Thanks! I love Ulta's rewards, but their website needs some work.

Since the error is in your favor...

Oh honey, no one here is any position to judge you for that total lol.

b3daae6118e4c404023985769ed88512932d3e1f_hq.gif

@TopazBeth Haha! True. It keeps going up too. I'm holding out for a 20% off coupon, but I keep adding to my basket so in a way it's counterproductive. I keep telling myself the more the total is, the more 20% will help.

I always point out to my hubby, "Look how much I saved..." and his response is always, "Look how much you spent..." LOL  It makes sense in my head though...

It makes sense to me too, don't worry. 

Even though last weekend I spent $72 at Victoria's Secret and saved $85. They let me stack coupons. It was amazing. It's the first time I've saved more than I've spent. 

BAM! That's they way to get a good deal!  Smiley Happy

I was so proud. I still am.

Can you please recommend a physical facial exfoliant, preferably from Ulta? 

Well. I don't have an Ulta-sourced rec, sadly. I'm using the Benefit face polish right now, which is REALLY meeh and I won't be repurchasing. I also have the Soap & Glory one, which Ulta doesn't (yet?) carry even though they have the brand, which is a bit harsh for me and I also won't be repurchasing.

My two all-time favorites are the Laura Mercier Face Polish, which is totally amazing and I will be repurchasing once I get through my current stash (unless I've found something really good at Ulta, but I'm not hopeful atm), and the Tatcha Rice Enzyme powder. 

If by "physical" facial exfoliant you mean a product with dermabrasion beads or granules, I don't know that I know one particularly recommendation-worthy from Ulta.  I typically use a water-only glove—Microdermamitt—when necessary.

But I can very strongly recommend Skyn Iceland's Nordic Skin Peel ($45 for 60 pads).  It's got a texture to the application pad, but it's not a scrub like some products.  For $5 more, you can get the Saving Face Kit with a number of other strong Skyn Iceland products.

Dermalogica Microfoliant has great reviews

Thanks!

@etscore1 Have you tried the Philosophy Microdelivery Exfolicating Face Wash? 

Its got tiny beads in it that buff your face. 

I have not, but will add it to my research list. Thanks!

Best I've ever used is the Su-Man one, which is like rubbing coffee bean grains into your skin. The aroma is heavenly. No idea whether it is sold in Ulta. Been living in the UK for almost 2 years now. Don't think I'll ever settle in!

5 Replies