Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

Peaches with lacy underwear on (thanks @etscore1).

I give it 10 minutes before someone in that thread starts suggesting they go pelt people with lacy underwear wearing peaches.

That I would pay to see!

I was just summarizing the peach debacle for my husband (who loves peaches and says if he were a woman he'd probably be going nuts, too), and his response was "I want a movie: Attack of the Angry Peach People."

No one's claimed my puppy yet! Blue collar to the far right. I'm going to say she's a she and her name is Lucy. I like her because she's consistently off the head tilt beat from the other puppies. Being a little awkward myself, she's my spirit puppy.

Anyway, for a question - y'all...I'm desperately interested in NARS new spring impassioned blush, but I also (less) desperately shouldn't be making an impulse purchase. My color iq is 1y05/6 right in that ballpark. Will it show up on me?! Thoughts?

I'm 2y06-7 and Mac pink cult (which is very similar) shows up on my skin beautifully. Maybe I should go open my impassioned and test it for you Smiley Tongue

Very close! Please report back when you get a chance to try it!

@kethry70

I'll try to remember to use it tomorrow Smiley Happy

@BaseballMommy

I am 1y06 and I absolutely love Impassioned. I have been using it everyday since I bought it to be honest. I can take a pic of it on my skin for you if you would like? It doesn't look like much in the pan, but OMG on your face it's just beautiful.

Please do!! I'm happy to hear you're my color iq and love itSmiley Happy

I will do it when I get home tonight! I do love it, and trust me you NEED it in your life! So happy they are making this permanent.

Yay! I'm excited!! (waving hand emoji)

Highlighted

Ok, so the swipe on the left is built up and on the right I blended it out some.  I hope this helps! I took this with flash, I could do natural light if you want tomorrow. I just love it!!

Thank you so much @Amysangel!! I'm planning to buy it as soon as I can find a promo code or samples I like or a sale somewhere.

Awesome!! You are going to love it!! For some reason my picture was turned sideways. lol But I'm sure you figured out the blended versus built up.

@BaseballMommy   I swear this posted correctly from my phone. This morning - NARS impassioned. Please ignore everything but the blush and the lipstick Smiley Tongue

It looks very pretty on you! Funny how it looks so light in the pan, but I can definitely notice it on your face. Thank you so much for sharing!!Smiley Happy

Did you like how it wore throughout the day?

Stayed all day @BaseballMommy

and I touch my face a lot Smiley Tongue

Nice!! I'm definitely going to purchase soonSmiley Very Happy Thanks again!

Question for those with experience with/knowledge of aluminum-free deodorants... Which are the best in terms of eliminating/reducing skin irritation?

My boyfriend recently started using TOMS after a doctor recommended he use an aluminum-free deodorant to help with his sweating (dude is ALWAYS warm). Despite only being a deodorant, he does seem to think it's helped and would like to keep using an aluminum-free product. But this past week he's gotten major skin irritation. I would've freaked if I hadn't read about it in a different thread on here a few weeks ago. He's not complaining, but obviously wouldn't hate it if he didn't have to deal with it. 

I've been using *ahem* "Primal Pit Paste All Natural Deodorant Stick" for a while and I'm pretty happy with it. It's a little difficult to put on (it doesn't really glide easily) and MIGHT be annoying if you have under arm hair now that I think about it. But it keeps me unsmelly and has no aluminun and I've never had a bad reaction. (I think it also comes in a jar if you're a apply-with-your-hands-kinda-person.) I bought mine from Amazon. It's about 12 or 13 dollars. When I decided to switch over to natural deodorant I couldn't believe all the choices there were!

LUSH has great natural deoderants but if you want one that actually eliminates smell I would try PiperWai. They were on sharktank and I think they are one of the best.

Trader Joe's has one. I alternate the TJ one with a Toms one and both seem okay. (Nothing really totally helps with sweat, but I still prefer to stay away from aluminum ones.)

I use Weledas citrus deodorant and the rose one. I haven't had problems yet! 

Thanks everyone! Smiley Happy I'll definitely look into those since my boyfriend would rather get the attention than do anything about it. #eyeroll

Has anyone who answered actually experienced the skin irritation (literally looks like a dark red burn) I was referring to? I think the thread where I read about it mentioned that the irritation has to do with your body getting rid of the aluminum build-up? 

Just curious if anyone has specifically experienced it to be able to compare any products they've used. 

@etscore1No, no skin irritation in the armpit area.

ETA: was the Tom's deodorant that your boyfriend used a scented version? If so, maybe have him try the unscented version. FWIW, I always seek out the unscented version of anything I use such as Dr. Bronner liquid castile soap, laundry soaps, etc. Fragrances are common allergens and, to me, stress out the skin when put on areas that don't need fragrance.

2 Replies