Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm with the "wash your hair less" group.  It sucks but it's the only way I could get my color to last!  I also bought a color depositing conditioner from Amazon and used that 1x a week.  Your tub looks like a crime scene but it keeps the color bright.  

Overtone conditioners. I haven't dyed my hair in nearly a year and I still get compliments and comments on my "red" hair. I also have dark hair but the conditioners apparently work even better on lighter hair. They have daily conditioners but I just use the Extreme Red Go Deep weekly treatment. Of course it isn't as vibrant as fresh dyed but I'm just happy it's still red and not brown by now!

It's seriously amazing. I still wash in hot water, use whatever shampoo/conditioner from costco and frequently shower, too (trying to gym every day and can't stand sweaty hair) so you can probably get even better results by being more careful.

I've had my hair burgundy (pretty red-heavy) and I used a color-safe shampoo. I believe I used Loreal's sulfate free line for red hair (this was before my switch to cruelty free). The shampoo helped but no matter what, dye would always rinse out when I washed my hair. 

So in short, the best way (in my experience) to maintain red hair is to wash it as least as possible. I used dry shampoo (Batiste) to maintain my hair in between washes. I've had my hair a lot of colors and burgundy/red was the most upkeep. 

mine is red/purple and honestly the only thing I've found that keeps it red for MONTHS is really infrequent washing (gross, but true - dry shampoo and ponytails are your best friends) and washing with cool water and a really good shampoo/conditioner line (it's expensive as all get out, but I use the Kerastase range for color-treated hair). good luck!

Thank you! I probably need all the luck I can get hahaha..

I normally wash my hair every second day but that's totally going to change. I read some people wash once a week. I guess whatever your hair gets used to. I have had mine used to like every other day and even at one point, everyday which is TERRIBLE I know -hides under bed- 

I definitely wash about once a week. AHHH I KNOW but I swear it helps! 

Back in the day I used to dye the ends of my hair red. I recall having to be very careful with what kinds of shampoo I used because my hair is very dark so it had to be bleached to hold the red. Course, it also never took long for it to turn a coppery orange no matter what I did.

Sounds like I'm going to have a whole lot of fun lol Smiley Tongue

I did, just make sure you don't use box dye. Sealants, leave in color conditioner. I actually used to not keep it fresh or maintain it, but I'm trying to now with my new colors, and those were some of the things suggested to me. I believe they have shampoo and conditioners for red hair specifically. Don't use hot water. 

Sounds good! I have dark hair and am going to dye it like ombre red. I know there's a lot of upkeep but I am finally ready for this 'project' lol I need a change from my super dark (pretty much black) hair..

So, I had this unfortunate blush accident...

Screen Shot 2016-03-30 at 7.23.35 PM.png

And I'm wondering if there's a way to reattach the chunk that doesn't involve smashing up the whole thing and resetting it with alcohol. Because, you know, the pretty stripes. I did consider superglue - and I'm not completely opposed to it - but there must be a better way, no?

Thanks for any advice.

This doesn't help you at all, but I am now hungry for Neapolitan ice cream.

Now I'm craving ice cream, too.

yeah.... the ice cream photo brought me here LOL

Hmm that's the reason I came here at all then I gave my advice haha

Ohhhh this makes me hurt a little! Smiley Sad

It's so tragic. 

This makes me think we could really use a Product Obituary thread - broken, damaged, empty, discontinued... all forms of memorandums welcome.

I'll start working on the obit just in case the eyelash glue (or super, or hot) doesn't work out.

Keeping your blush in my thoughts and prayers.

just throwing ideas out there. maybe lash adhesive? i dont know if that'd work but i'd go with that over actual superglue Smiley Indifferent unless you're just collecting this? but still.

12 Replies