Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

@StephaniLynn My favorite is the Kokostar one. It peeled my soles beautifully. It costs $9 at Nordies, but you can order a 6pack from Amazon for $46 (the seller is Kokostar itself)

I tried the Tony Moly but I didn't feel it was as efficient. It seemed to peel more the top of the feet than the sole. 

Non-makeup question here: I screwed up something big time and I need opinions on whether or not there is anything I can do to fix it - one of my elderly neighbours is having problems with her former cleaner and she is very scared - I believe she has a reason to be. She was admiring my self defense keychain though she has a panic button and said she would press that first, always but she just said she would feel a little less terrified if she had something like it... I thought I had bought it on Amazon for something like $15 so it took it off and gave it to her telling her I would order myself another one.

When I came home and couldn't find the exact one I had I asked for my hubby's help and he became very, very aggravated with me because apparently he is the one who had it specially made for me to my hand measurements and placed a special order that cost about $100 all told.  Of course, it's not the money that is bothering me it's that I gave away something he went through so much trouble to get for me and that it was awful of me to forget that and give it away.  Now I would pay twice that to get it back - at least! But I did give it to her - though I said "i'll just order another one no problem".

The new one came and it's not at all like the one I had which fit my hand perfectly because it was designed for it... Though the quality is decent and it would do its job... Thing is, I'm sure the lady doesn't plan to use it I told her how but also told her that was a bad decision if there was any ANY other option... I just gave it to her for peace of mind...

Would it be totally inappropriate for take her a gift basket and the new self defense key chain and to explain my mistake and ask her if she would mind a trade - I feel awful I've NEVER asked for anything back in my life but I can tell I hurt hubbie's feelings and I might fix that if i went through considerable effort to get it back.  I also was actually going to use it in a self-defense class so hand grip is important...

Any thoughts anyone! Thank you for reading! 💕

@RoseCharlie I can't imagine even being the least bit annoyed or upset with you over this. And you truly are going above and beyond to make it right. I know you feel you're in an awkward position and I would feel the same way as well - I'm a people pleaser. But you're telling the truth and making it as right as you possibly can. I don't think you have anything to worry about (or feel badly about!) 

Also, what you did for your neighbor was very kind. 

Oh THANK YOU @starsandbucks! I really appreciate you taking the time to write such a thoughtful and thought out comment! Thank you also for making me feel better! I felt awful like maybe it was bad that I was considering asking for a swap even if I would give anything it's not a matter of money - I just can't believe I forgot... Thank you thank you thank you for your kind words @starsandbucks! : ) You have really helped me with your advice and opinion and I am so grateful! It is awfully kind of you to read everything I wrote and take the time to answer like this. 💕🦄

Sorry I'm late to this- @RoseCharlie

I'm sure that if you told her that your original key chain was a gift from your DH and you accidentally gave it away, she would be happy to exchange it with you for the one you purchased. I'm sure she wouldn't think badly about you at all, especially since when you gave it to her, it was a sweet impulsive act, especially since you ordered her a replacement.

Good luck, you are so sweet to be concerned for her safety.

Any dupe recommendations for Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua foundation?  I got a sample and its so nice *_*  Very satiny and light

GA Luminous Silk isn't a bad alternative. But it's definitely not cheaper, so not sure how great of an alternative that makes it!

Maybe try Bourjois healthy mix @Madeline7? I wouldn't necessarily say it's an exact dupe but it's nice and light and satiny too and just a great light foundation overall.

@Madeline7 The closest I found is MUFE Waterblend. It is more dewy than satiny but overall very similar in texture and how it wears. 

MAKE UP FOR EVERAqua XL Color Paint Shadow

Is there anyone super-smarty-pants at ingredients that can tell me if this stuff is ok for using on the lips?

I was experimenting and used it as a lip primer under red lipstick and it was GORGEOUS.. then I wondered if putting it on my lips would eventually kill me. 

Scientists in the house??

Well, if it's meant to go around the sensitive skin of your eyes, I'd assume it would be safe to put on your lips. I doubt that you'll accidentally ingest enough of the product in a short enough amount of time to cause you to get sick or anything.

I'm fairly sure that in order for it to eventually kill you, you would either have to ingest a frightening amount of product or there would have to be toxins in the product that your body would have difficulty removing from itself, thus accumulating over time until they reach detrimental or potentially lethal amounts/levels. And, thanks to regulations on what can be put in cosmetics for consumer safety (no more 1930s mascara giving your eyes horrific blisters and making you go blind!), I'm pretty sure that you'll be safe using the product as a lip primer.

Besides, I see people use foundation/concealer underneath their lipstick all the time and haven't heard any horror stories about it due to people ingesting small amounts of that throughout their day.

@CarolAP There are some pigments that the FDA considers eye safe but not lip safe, and vice versa.

The risks are probably small, but still enough that the FDA doesn't approve the pigment for different uses. 

I'm not a scientist but I play one on tv... kidding. You could email MUFE and ask them directly, or perhaps ask an SA.

Hey, @etscore1 - Is it OK if I bring my own mascots, The Curious Cats?  Smiley Wink

KITTEHS!! Smiley Very Happy

Of course curious kittehs are welcome! 

kittehkittuh

So cute! Smiley Happy

I am here for the cats! Smiley Wink

Does anyone know- should we be expecting an Ulta 20% coupon coming up any time soon?  I feel like we should?  I'm trying to figure out what items I should buy during the Sephora sale or wait for Ulta but I don't want to wait too long!  

It came the day after the Days of Beauty last year, so it could be as early as 04/03/16. That said, they seem to be shortening the period for 2016, so it can theoretically come any time in April. The Love Your Hair Event starts in May, so I expect the coupon will come before that.

Thanks so much!  I thought we usually get something soon!

1 Reply