Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

@YoiFran I had a similar experience when I used to wear face powder everyday, but only in certain areas (e.g. under eye). I was so weirded out by the fact that there was an empty spot on my cheek every time I applied blush.. LOL. For me, I think it's because the area had too much powder(?), while the rest of the cheek did not? I don't exactly know why. 

I don't have that issue anymore, and I think it's because I either (1) don't wear powder at all, or (2) apply powder all over the cheeks.

If I use the shade Finland in Nars Velvet Matte Skin Tint, any idea what shade I should use for Nars sheer glow?  Finland is a pretty good fit although a bit too yellow...

I'm thinking Deauville since you said Finland was too yellow. Deauville is light with neutral tones. If you still feel like you're more on the yellow side, I would say Gobi would be your next best bet.

Hope this helps @Madeline7 ! Smiley Happy

My skin has changed from oily to normal! What are some of your favorite products? I'm super lazy and like the process to be as short and sweet as possible.

Short and sweet answer - let your skin run free.  It will take care of itself.

IMG_0609.PNG

Is this a glitch or was the price that I saw yesterday too good to be true ($25)?

I don't think its too good to be true because this shows up as $31 still on the Canadian website and it lets me go to checkout with that price.  Probably just a glitch, the Sephora site has sucked recently.   A lot of the sale items would change to the original price when you got to check out for a while.

Spoiler

Anyone with experience ordering from Jouer direct?  My Skinny Dip bundle order from 5/22 says "unfulfilled" still.. Wondering

That's strange? I remember my order taking about a week to get here when I ordered last year. They may have a ridiculous amount of orders to fulfill from that launch, but that's still an awfully long time....

61F99267-E2E3-4E75-8A86-51955193D0A0.jpg

Saw this in the app but when I click on it, there's no results. Is Laniege coming to Sephora US?!

RE: Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

Probably. I think so

Further questions in the self-tanner products- does anyone know of a good spray self tanner that doesn't smell?  I've tried the mousse ones and they leave a weird network pattern on this one spot on my leg (I've tried exfoliating that spot extra and it still does this, I have a couple of wrinkles there and I think that's what's causing this). I use GloFusion spray self tanner but it's been discontinued for ages and I'm about out of my stash.

TYIA!

@prettyinpa,

I tried Vita Liberata Phenomenal 2-3 week Tan Mousse and I can tell it doesn't have that "chemical" smell but a very light scent.. hope you like it. 

I've been using safari to browse the forums on my phone- is there an easier option?

@gtichick Google chrome looks better for meSmiley Happy

Yay! Good call on this one. I, too, always posted random questions in jemly's Random Thoughts : Beauty thread.

I love the curious puppies!!! My favorite is the little guy hiding in the very back, not participating. His name would be Voldy (Voldemort) because he doesn't play well with the other children.

And I don't use drugstore nail polish. The closest I get is Julep, and I only use their Oxygen treatments.

He who must not do tricks is my favorite too Smiley Very Happy 

... but can they all be my favorite?

Of course they can @KatieBT! As long as you have names for all of them. Smiley Wink 

Ready...............go!

To answer your first question (I was just thinking about this the other day), my favorite drugstore polish of all time is an LE one that was released a few years ago - Sally Hansen Opulent Cloud

Sally_Hansen_Opulent_Cloud.jpg

Gunmetally, but with some purple and gold and pearl shimmer. *LOVE*

LBH, I can't pick a favorite puppy.

This is one of my favorite ones too Smiley Happy Perfection in a bottle!

2 Replies