Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

@pinyo

My GP referred me to an ophthalmologist (not an optometrist) for a full eye exam. Also, I have to stop using the eye drops I'm using and use the ones by a brand called Refresh. Four times a day for a week, then if it seems to be working, twice a day, and then after another week I can go down to once a day. I guess sometimes it resolves on its own if you use eye drops properly and regularly. Also, evidently, I was applying the ones I was using wrong (you have to drop it in, close your eye, and then move your eye around in a bunch of different directions inside the socket with the lid closed so the lubricant gets spread around).

Thank you @purly! I'm gonna try this out. Fingers crossed it helps! I hope it works for you too!

Systane or refresh eye drops. There is even over the counter eye ointment you can put in the evening before bed. I started restasis a few months ago to help with dry eye. There is also Xiidra eye drops. You could ask your Dr. To prescribe either. They have discounts cards which saves a lot of the copay. $30 for my restasis monthly which last much longer than a month. @purly

Are the prescription ones really better than the over the counter ones? I've been using over the counter drops. I plan to just do whatever my doctor says.

@purly I have been suffering from dry eyes for about 25 years. I wish that I could offer a real solution but have been unable to find one that really works. I have heard about multiple possible causes but found no solutions. You will not have to stop wearing eye makeup so do not worry.

I believe that I may have caused my own problems by dying my eyelashes when I was younger. 

It's a relief to hear so many people say I can keep wearing my eye makeup.

@purly

I suffer from chronic dry eyes.  My eyes were intolerant of wearing contact lenses, and that caused it.  Then I had lasik about 8 years ago and that made it worse (lasi entirely worth it though, becasue I blame contacts for all of my mess).

I had my tear ducts plugged, but to no avail.  I wasn't keen to use medication because if there is anybody that would react poorly - I would be that person.  

I am able to manage it with constant use of eye drops.  I absolutely don't mind doing that.  

The eyes feel worst after waking up, or in windy seasons etc..  I have a dropper bottle by the bedside and apply immediately.  I keep a bottle everywhere.

I use preservative free drops.  There are many brands, but I have been using GenTeal.  I buy the ones for moderate to severe dry eyes.  There is also a gel/cream - I use that on some bad days.

If you check the ingredients, you can find a Walgreens brand similar to GenTeal.  

P.S:

Also - I don't wear eye makeup.  But its not entirely because my eyes are sensitive. Partly.  I wear very simple makeup looks, I am lazy, I touch my eyes and face ALL the time, and I have gotten used to my face without eye makeup.  I can wear eye makeup infrequently, it is a question of if I want to.  When I wear traditional clothes I wear eye makeup. So hopefully this doesn't stop you.

OK. I plan to use whatever treatment my doctor prescribes. I have been using some visine drops advertised as being for dry eyes morning and night, but hopefully the doctor recommends something better because they aren't really working. I feel like if I did stop wearing eye makeup, I might want to use the drops more. How frustrating.

I only do for a few weeks during the spring when allergy season kicks up around here in California. I hope your doctor gives you some good advice or treatments! 

@purly I do! Apparently omega-3 fatty acids help for some people. Hope they feel better soon. 

I'm just here to hide from the angry peach people.

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade

Sally Hansen Mudslide!

AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite?

White nose in the front!

Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

George clearly

I'm very disappointed in the google image search results for "peach people". I had really high hopes. 

I did find this amazing article though: http://mashable . com/2014/08/01/peach-butts/

Apparently someone in China wanted to boost peach sales so they started putting underwear on them, and it snowballed... Lol. 

Spoiler
upload_1513675611281508709.jpg

bwahahaha - awesome!

This is so not okay....

omfg lmao

The top center one looks like her **bleep** stamp is a little low. I have a **bleep** stamp, so no judgement. 

*Okay, my bleeped word is the last word to this movie title Lady and the *****.

omg love it

What?!?! Lol

@etscore1, I want to see a banana version of the underwear! Smiley Wink

It would have to be a hammock and would always make me think of Princess Consuela Banana Hammock. 

"Angry peach people," OMG. I just spit out my water. Smiley Very Happy

8 Replies