Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I have a Real Techniques setting brush - is that maybe a similar shape? I've used that with my Cindy Lou-Manizer but I was afraid it was giving me too concentrated of a highlight, if that makes sense. Though part of me thinks it's more of a technique problem than a brush problem Smiley Wink.

Your brush might be better at picking up powders, and your highlighter might be more sparkly..? I also tend to use highlighters liberally Smiley Wink

if your RT brush is the small pink one I use that one too. Smiley Happy it works for really concentrating the powder on your cheekbones for a BAM sort of highlight, but not really for diffusing it into a glow? so I'm curious to see some recommendations too!

Yuppers - that's the one, and that's my problem, too. 

Great example!

upload_139305014534976123.gif

Of course I don't have an answer for you because that would make too much sense. I rarely end up using powder highlighters (too tired/bored by that point as it's typically a last step), and the one I do use, I just use the brush that came with it... but I would agree with the idea of a small(ish), tapered brush. 

Haha, thanks. Yeah, usually I look at my face at that point and think "meh, probably that's enough now" and skip the highlighter anyway. Which is why I'm now contemplating skipping the UD highlighter and getting the (much less expensive) ColourPop, instead.

I fully support all the options here but may I also suggest a duo-fibre stippling brush like the MAC 187?  I use that when I want a less BLAM highlight (it's happened once or twice).  I know there are dupes but the MAC one is the only one I have and can vouch for.

I have a Real Techniques stippling brush but I've only used it for cream highlighters and blushes. I'll have to give it a try with a powder highlighter - thanks!

I use either a fluffy blush brush or soft stippling brush (EcoTools for both). It depends upon how much product I want to pick up and put on myself (i.e. How sparkly do I want to be today?). Smiley Very Happy

Thank you! I am going to give my stippling brush a try.

ooh I have a question!! has anyone tried the Kylie Lip Kits? they're all over Instagram, but I can't find a good review (aka not sponsored) anywhere. if they're really that good, I'd like to try one, but since it's not a "real" brand I'm worried....

**This became longer than I intended I'm sorry.

@taylorrness I have them!  I love them.  I have two.  The only thing I don't like is that I couldn't swatch them before to figure out which colors would suit me best because one I bought pulls a little pinker on me than I thought it would, but that's at my own fault.

ANYWAY. Here's a quick review for you.  I have Koko K and Posie K.

I know some people say (*cough*Kimberly Clark*cough*) that they don't understand why it has a liner with it because if a liquid lipstick does its job, it doesn't need a liner. I agree with that, really I do, but I'm SO GLAD these have liners with them.  The liner matches perfectly, so if you struggle like I do, it saves a ton of mess and time because you can easily line your lips, blend the liner in a bit, then put the liquid lip on without going to the full edge so you don't accidentally end up outside your lip line like I do.  The liner matches perfectly, so it's seamless between the two, and I now believe every lipstick should come with a matching liner because it's just so so much easier and quicker.

They're very pigmented.  One swipe will do you just fine.  Someone somewhere said they smell like cupcakes, and I don't 100% agree with that, but they do have a very sweet smell.  Maybe cupcakes.  I don't know. I'm bad at naming smells. It's just a sweet smell. I like it.

They're very very comfortable, at least to me.  They don't feel heavy or sticky.  It does feel kind of thick, though? But not in a bad way. I'm bad at explaining, sorry, but it's like if I run my tongue along the inside of my lip where the lipstick ends and my inner lip begins, I can feel a slight bump up where the lipstick is? It doesn't bother me, and other lipsticks may do this too and I've just never noticed.

I haven't had a problem with them being drying or peeling.  They're transfer proof, but if you eat something oily you'll lose some of it.

The applicator is pretty average, but she's changing it, so by the time you order it may be more like the Stila applicators because I think that's what she's going for, and they're my favorite applicators so that's a plus if that's what she actually does.  The cap on my Koko K liner is loose and falls off, but the one on Posie K is tight and perfect, so I think my Koko K cap is just a fluke.

I'm about to go get ready for work, and I'm planning on wearing Posie K if you'd like me to take a picture.

Thanks for the honest review! I have been curious to hear from someone that is not sponsored! I would love to see a pic. Smiley Happy

wow that was so helpful! I've been eyeing up that new Kourt K shade, the deep plum? but I'd love to see what Posie K looks like on you!

Kourt K looks gorgeous! I'm not sure I could pull it off though.

@taylorrness @Amysangel

Here are two pics.  Top is in my bathroom, bottom is in my living room.  I feel like I have oddly shaped lips so I apologize for that.

image2.JPG

image1.JPG

you do not have oddly shaped lips, don't ever apologize! this is really helpful, thank you!!

image.jpeg

@taylorrness @Amysangel Thanks to both of you!  This is after lunch. I had a salad with vinaigrette, and I used a napkin to blot off some extra oil because I could feel it wanting to slip around. You can see it's a bit splotchy on the bottom lip, and my upper lip has a lot of my natural color coming through. (I have really pigmented lips naturally.) It's different lighting because I'm at work, so that changes it a bit too. 

I also really need a new foundation so ignore cake face and maybe make foundation suggestions too 😉

Second that! Love the color and your lips look great! Thanks for posting the pic.

Paiigee's answer pretty much summed it up.  They're really great!  I have Posie K, Koko K and Candy K.  Posie K is my favorite and I struggle not to pick it up and wear it everyday.  Definitely my favorite liquid lipstick in color and formula.  I'm really impressed!  And the liners are so fantastic.  It's true- they really add to the convenience of the product.  In my opinion they're a great deal and they're really high quality!

@starrysilver I've been thinking about getting Candy K.  I was debating between it and Koko K to begin with, and I ended up grabbing Koko K.  They look a lot alike to me.  In your opinion, is it worth owning both?

1 Reply