Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

I'm making this thread because I simply don't want to create a new thread for every little question that pops into my head, nor do I think that most questions need a separate topic. 

I had previously just dropped whatever random question that came to mind into the Random Thread (thanks jemly!), but I had been thinking about starting this for a while and figured I'd give it a shot to see if it could be of any use. 

I'm well aware that the people who could best utilize this thread will likely remain completely oblivious to it, but if it can consolidate even a small fraction of questions -- and maybe even generate some interesting conversations both beauty and non-beauty related -- that seems worthwhile. 

Official thread mascots: The Curious Puppies.upload_5938777889175560105.gif

Official thread anti-mascot: Lucille Bluth.

upload_3177501285647811883.gif

It probably would've been wise of me to have a relatively inane question to use as an example and kick this thread off... 

Well, since I apparently don't have any pressing questions, I'll start with this two-parter:

What's your favorite drug store nail polish shade AND which official mascot puppy is your favorite? Bonus/Extra Credit: What's it's name?

RE: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

Wayne Goss brush question - how do the goat hair and cruelty-free versions of his brushes compare? I’m curious about performance, feel, longevity, and other differences you have noticed. Looks like two highly similar brush sets are available, one goat and one cf, and I’m trying to decide between them.

Re: RE: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

@SheWhoSkis my understanding is that both sets are made with natural animal hairs, the CF set is just dyed hair that has been harvested using CF methods.

I don't have either so I can't speak to quality, etc but I don't believe the CF are synthetic, just FYI

Re: RE: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

Good to know, @Mochapj. I had no idea the CF version is still natural and not synthetic. I wonder if both are goat, or if the black hair is from a different species. The only white hair (goat?) brushes I have are from MAC (217 & 219), and they feel scratchy on my eyes. 

RE: Re: RE: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

Looks like the cruelty free brushes are blue squirrel. So, it comes down to blue squirrel vs goat. I’m still curious about how they would differ from each other.

Re: RE: Re: RE: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

@SheWhoSkis Hopefully someone who has them can speak to quality but in general squirrel hair is softer, best for powder applications and more sensitive skin. It is not recommended for use with any cream products.

Re: The Question Thread: Because not all questions need their own thread.

Does anyone have any nice ways to display their Guerlain Meteorites? I would love to see pictures. I hate to leave all the pretty balls tucked away in an acrylic drawer. Thanks for any suggestions.

@CAcay, I’ll try to post a photo tomorrow. I found some really cute mini shelves at TJ Maxx that I keep mine in.

@sister13 Can’t wait to see your pictures!! Thank you 😀

@CAcay  Hi!  I understand your feelings completely.  I have a few of the Odeme Catch All trays below that I have been saving to display my Meteorites, once I'm organized enough to make room on my dresser. Smiley Happy  You might be able to find some on Ebay if you're interested.  The tray is 8.5 x 5.5 x 1.

popsugar-ring-dish-and-tray-spoiler-november-2016-0011

@Ispend2much6 that’s a great idea! I think I have that tray from a Popsugar Must Have box. I bet I could find another on eBay. Thank you so much for the suggestion ❤️

@CAcay  You're welcome!  I'm glad you have at least one.  Every once in awhile they seem to pop up on a PS sale also.

I think it diffidently works it has gotten a lot of my red spots and site away. I use another product with it because I have dry skin.

I think it diffidently works it has gotten a lot of my red spots and site away. I use another product with it because I have dry skin.

bumping this and also asking a question 

Has anyone tried the Herbivore Moon Fruit Superfruit Night Treatment? I'm really interested - did you use it to replace your normal night moisturizer every day, hdid you see any results? I'd love to heard some thoughts on it!

I saw a photo of the upcoming Sephora point multipliers but can't remember when it was supposed to be. Or was that a dream? 🤔

@myumew

I posted it in the reward Bazaar discussion thread.

its the 12-19 I believe 

I can't find the Travel Thread, dangit!!!  I'm headed to Toronto immediately after the Sephora Launch party in LA. I will be in Toronto for 3 days - may not have much time for shopping, but any tips on where I should go would be welcome, of course!  Tagging a couple friendly Canadians for help.  Thanks in advance!  Smiley Happy  @fatimamummy @Mochapj @heartsmyface

@sister13 it looks like the others have covered most of the places I was going to recommend Smiley Happy

If you're into green beauty at all, I'd recommend The Detox Market - they have a few locations in Toronto, and a few in California, but otherwise I think they are online and they carry a lot of the 'luxury' natural skincare lines like May Lindstrom, Vintners Daughter, Odacite, etc that can sometimes be difficult to try in person.

Other than that, we have an Inglot store (conveniently near the Eaton Centre mall that was recommended) if that's your kind of thing. 

I'll PM you shortly on some food recommendations, as well.

Oh, great!  I don't have any Vintner's Daughter locally, would specifically love to seek that out.  Thanks so much!

@sister13 I second the recommendations @lachaton provided. Eaton centre is your one stop shop all destination.

I sent you an email about places to visit but I can't be much help about dining choices due to my restricted diet. I hope @Mochapj or some other Toronto ladies can recommend some nice places to eat 🙂

5,215 Replies