Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

A place to say thank you, provide reviews and first impressions, or follow up on gratis received after more use!

Many of us have been very lucky to receive gratis (thanks Sephora!), and Iโ€™ve been finding that while itโ€™s easy to initially post about receiving it and initial reviews, itโ€™s not as easy to follow up! 

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread to follow-ups and reviews with products weโ€™ve received after weโ€™ve been using them for a while, especially because itโ€™s sometimes hard to find the original thank you and first impressions threads.

Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

First of all I just wanted to thank @TeamBIC and Sephora for sending out this awesome set of brushes! All of the brushes I own have all come from subscriptions or from makeup kits bought at TJ Maxx, so it's really nice to have a good set!

I've had a chance to play around with #15, #96 and #70 so far.

I like the soft but strong feel of the bristles and I also feel like these are more comfortable to hold on to compared to my others. #15 and #96 seemed to pick up product very well - better than the Luxie brushes I've been using. I used #15 for swiping metallic (Kaja) eyeshadow over my eye lid and it seemed to pick up more with a little less fall out than I'm used to seeing. 
I used 
#70 for my foundation and got smooth and even coverage with no streaks.

I was super interested in using the SEPHORA COLLECTION - Daily Brush Cleaner Mini since I've never used one that's meant to be used daily or one that doesn't require water. It has an oily/greasy feel and smells like tea tree. Tea tree is not my favorite scent, but it was pretty light and not bothersome. All you are supposed to do is spray a towel/cloth and then run it over the bristles until clean. I think it did a great job cleaning after one use, and in no time at all and there wasn't any damage or shedding of bristles. I know it's a "daily" cleaner, but I'd be interested to see how it cleans the brushes after a few uses. 
These are just my initial thoughts and first impressions - I'll update more after I've had a chance to try out everything a little more. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

3F5CB37A-9644-46B7-B34B-8D196DC3F428.jpeg

DA329EDE-9D74-4B85-8B92-A1B80C356EEB.jpeg

@Shosh85 Beautiful collection of brushes.

Thanks @tjffc, they really are! Such a generous gift! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Congratulations, @Shosh85! What an awesome first matching set ๐Ÿ˜„ So happy you received this gratis, the brushes are so soft, aren't they?! 

@eshoe  They are super soft and I actually like how comfortable they are to grasp onto compared to my others. Still need to try everything out a bunch, but they definitely have a first good impression! Congrats to you too! Hope you're enjoying them! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I am, @Shosh85 - really loving the 19 eyebrow brush!

Congratulations, @Shosh85 !  I love your photos!

@tsavorite  Thank you so much! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Awwww congratulations @Shosh85. I was so glad they included the brush cleaner as well. It will definitely be a repurchase for me, as I definitely don't have time to shampoo my brushes after each use. 

Thank you @PrettyPaint! Congrats to you as well! 
The brush cleaner was a nice addition. It works great for a quick, light clean. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Congratulations sweet lovey!! @Shosh85 

Thank you so much, @lmaster! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Congratulations @Shosh85. I love the picture with all the brushes side by side. I hope you will enjoy them as much as I do โค๏ธ

Thank you @blackkitty2014! So happy you're enjoying them, and congrats to you as well! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 @SportyGirly125 
Guys why canโ€™t I find these in these sets you received to purchase? 

@GG84 The product page wonโ€™t go live till 3/17. Not sure if they will be sold in the set we received but you can get them individually. 

@SportyGirly125 @GG84  I'll be curious to see if they'll be sold in these sets!

@Shosh85 @Congratulations on receiving this gratis 

Thank you @SportyGirly125! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85  Congratulations!!! This looks like such an awesome gratis!!! Enjoy!!

Thank you so much @ather! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

6,250 Replies
testing