Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Gratis Thread πŸ›πŸŽ‰

A place to say thank you, provide reviews and first impressions, or follow up on gratis received after more use!

Many of us have been very lucky to receive gratis (thanks Sephora!), and I’ve been finding that while it’s easy to initially post about receiving it and initial reviews, it’s not as easy to follow up! 

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread to follow-ups and reviews with products we’ve received after we’ve been using them for a while, especially because it’s sometimes hard to find the original thank you and first impressions threads.

@niki172 congratulations!! πŸ™Œβ£οΈ

@niki172 congratulations!! πŸ™Œβ£οΈ

Re: The Gratis Thread πŸ›πŸŽ‰

Beautiful gratis @niki172. I don’t use dry shampoo but Ouai has such amazing scents. Will be interested to hear what you think of the mask.

Thank you @eshoe  and @lmaster πŸ™‚

Congratulations on your grats, @niki172 ! πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

Thanks so much @Titian06 Smiley Happy.

@niki172 Congratulations on receiving this gratis 

Awe thanks @SportyGirly125 !

Awesome! Congrats 🀩🀩🀩

A while ago I received a lovely gratis with BRIOGEO - Banana + Coconut Superfoods Shampoo & Conditioner Hair Pack,MURAD - InvisiScar Resurfacing Treatment,KΓ©RASTASE - Nutritive 8H Magic Night Serum,SEPHORA COLLECTION - Cleansing & Exfoliating Wipes,DIOR - BACKSTAGE Glow Face Paletteand SEPHORA COLLECTION - Brow: Uncomplicated Tool Set . It’s been forever and I’ve finished some of these products so I feel like I’m ready to give some more final thoughts!

Spoiler
briogeo: I found that it was a little too gentle for me, as I prefer to go as many days as possible between washes. I LOVE the scent though and it’s long lasting, so I would use the shampoo and conditioner after using a clarifying shampoo first (for that dry shampoo build up haha). I would probably repurchase the conditioner just so that my hair can always smell like banana candy! The shampoo gets a B from me, and the conditioner gets a B+

murad: I have one fairly deep scar close to my hairline. I’ve been using this every day for just over 8 weeks. The box says results in 8 weeks but I haven’t really seen anything yet. It does temporarily fill it nicely (almost like a heavy duty filling primer) and absorbs really nicely into my skin, but I haven’t seen permanent results. The scar is pretty deep, so I’ll continue to use the bottle until it’s finished and see if it’s made any difference by the end. Rating: TBD

keraatase: changed my hair, changed my moms hair, this is magic in a bottle. Want voluminous, shiny, healthy hair? You need this. Will continue to rebuy this regardless of cost. Rating: A+++

SC wipes: I have tried the charcoal, watermelon and coconut in the past. I received the bamboo. I love these wipes and continue to use them, but the exfoliating varieties don’t work for me. They’re way too abrasive, definitely not possible to use around the eye area. I just used the non-exfoliating side. The only use I could find for the exfoliating side was gently on my lips as a lip scrub, but even then it was a little harsh. Rating: F for the exfoliating ones and A- for the other varieties.

dior: what can I say? It’s beautiful, luminous and beaming. Lots of variety. I won’t lie and say I don’t already have several shade dupes in my collection, but the formula is silky, doesn’t emphasize any texture on my face and almost feels like it sinks in my skin and makes the glow seem like it’s coming out of my skin instead of from something on top of it. I don’t find myself using the bronze shade too often, and when I do it’s for use on the eyes. Rating: A-. I probably wouldn’t have purchased this myself, but having tried it, I would also be interested in trying the other coloured face palette too!

brow set: great tools and brushes, which doesn’t surprise me because I often gravitate towards SC collection tools and brushes. The quality for the cost is always fantastic! This set gets an A from me

Congrats on this gratis, @cianni! I’ve tried the apple/matcha Briogeo but didn’t care for the scent and was wondering about the banana. Sounds like a must-have and gentle is just what I need.

Here are my initial thoughts on the Korres mask received as part of my gratis. (I also posted this same review on the masking thread)

IMG_1288.jpg

Spoiler
It was a thick white mask easy to apply. I couldn't pinpoint the scent but nothing fruity or perfumy which is great cuz its a greek yogurt mask. I did have a slight tingling by the sides of my nose but that went away quickly. That spot is a little more sensitive and does that often when masking especially after a work out and a hot shower. I didn't feel a cooling sensation (comparing to the only other cooling senstation mask I have OH plunge) but my face didn't feel hot anymore after applying so I'm sure it helped cool my face off. I will try putting it in the fridge as suggested if I need extra cooling. But I will also try it see if I feel any cooling after using it again but not after a work out when it takes me longer to cool down.
It was easy to wash off and my face felt very moisturized and soft afterwards. Definitely makes me want to try it more so I'm glad I can especially with the cold season approaching.

Congrats on this gratis and thank you for sharing your thoughts, @GalPalVal17. Korres makes a few of my favorite skin care products so it was interesting to hear!

Great review!! Thanks 😘

thanks for the great review @GalPalVal17  - I have this in my favorites and I've deff been curious!

I am woefully late but still super grateful and appreciative of this amazing gratis from @SephoraBIC , the mods, @benefit , @GlowRecipe , and @ShuUemera  Smiley Happy

IMG_20190910_223026.jpgIMG_20190926_183005.jpg

I've had the box for about a month (!) and had a chance to use (and fall in love!) with everything Smiley Happy Some thoughts and swatches below:

BENEFIT COSMETICS - Cookie Highlighter

BENEFIT COSMETICS - Tickle Highlighter

My daily routine is a bit low key, so I was surprised to love and use these highlighters as much as I have! Cookie is a warm champagne gold in the box, but wears as a slightly frosty silver sheen, while Tickle is pinky gold in the box, but shows up as beautiful pure gold BEACON OF LIGHT on my face Smiley Happy

IMG_20190925_160838.jpgTickle - still there after a sweat sessionIMG_20190926_102141.jpgCookie - use a light hand because this silver is BRIGHTIMG_20190926_183300.jpgCookie on Top, Tickle on Bottom

Tickle is my favorite out of the two, I feel very cool cali/surfer girl while wearing it Smiley Happy

SHU UEMURA - Essence Absolue Nourishing Protective Oil

This hair oil is magic. I love the smell and actually wish it would stick around a little longer! I've been using it as a pre-blow dry/post wash treatment and it leaves my hair so soft and shiny, super smooth like liquid silk. Absolutely my new favorite hair oil, one pump and done! Will absolutely repurchase Smiley Happy

GLOW RECIPE - Avocado Melt Retinol Eye Sleeping Mask

My skin does not seem to tolerate retinol, and I'm too much of a vain crybaby to endure the acclimation/breakout period, so I didn't have high hopes for this. The jar is the cutest thing on the planet, comes with a little spatula which seems necessary if you've got normal human sized fingers. The texture of the cream is quite lovely, creamy, buttery, melts right into my skin, non-greasy. I've only used it 4 times total so obviously, no real results to report, BUT, no breakouts or adverse effects so far either Smiley Happy I'm going to guess there's not a high concentration of retinol since I'm not reactive, but it's a nice moisturizing cream if you're into that.

Thank you again @SephoraBIC and the rest of the wonderful ladies that make BIC such a fun place Smiley Happy 

@MissPuff Love reading your thoughts! Thanks for sharing!

Best,
Rebecca

@MissPuff Just popping in to say that this post added the tickle highlighter to my cart for the sale tomorrow πŸ˜‚ thanks for the review !!

Congrats on your gratis @MissPuff - Shu hair products πŸ’—β™₯οΈπŸ’—πŸ€©!!!! No surprise that was a love for you. Enjoy!

@MissPuff Thanks for sharing! Both highlighters look beautiful on you.

awesome gratis!! @MissPuff

awesome gratis!! @MissPuff

congrats @MissPuff and thanks for your thoughts - particularly on the avocado melt!

2,904 Replies