Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Gratis Thread πŸ›πŸŽ‰

A place to say thank you, provide reviews and first impressions, or follow up on gratis received after more use!

Many of us have been very lucky to receive gratis (thanks Sephora!), and I’ve been finding that while it’s easy to initially post about receiving it and initial reviews, it’s not as easy to follow up! 

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread to follow-ups and reviews with products we’ve received after we’ve been using them for a while, especially because it’s sometimes hard to find the original thank you and first impressions threads.

Re: The Gratis Thread πŸ›πŸŽ‰

Your β€œmenthol/eucalyptus” description of the scent on the conditioner was spot on. All I can think of when I smell it is β€œminty but ... not in a good way”. πŸ˜‚ Yours is much more on point @Shosh85! Sooo glad you are able to post pics again! πŸ€— 

@itsfi  Scents can be so hard to describe sometimes - I love your, "minty, but not in a good way" description! Haha! It's pretty accurate and still gets the point across πŸ˜‚

congrats!! @Shosh85 πŸ’žπŸ™Œ

congrats!! @Shosh85 πŸ’žπŸ™Œ

Re: congrats!! @Shosh85 πŸ’žπŸ™Œ

Thanks pretty lady! -and you too, @lmaster! πŸ™ŒπŸ˜ƒ

Re: congrats!! @Shosh85 πŸ’žπŸ™Œ

Thank you thank you πŸ’‹β™₯️ @Shosh85 

GRATIS UPDATE - SMASHBOX - Mindful 5 Nourishing Primer SerumE8752D9A-9871-43CD-B214-9EABA06F4F75.jpeg

PROS πŸ‘πŸΌ

It’s lightweight; a little runny (I included a photo in the spoiler bell) absorbs quickly - my skin sluuuurps it up; not sticky or tacky; and the redness around my nose seems to be less pronounced the next morning when I use this overnight.

CONS πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

As others have noted, the smell. 😳 I mean, when I use it in the morning it does help me to wake up. πŸ˜‚ The scent thankfully fades away but it does get ya when you first pick up the scent. Initially I’d describe the scent on it as a mix of something earthy, medicinal, herbaceous with a slight bit of a chemical scent to it but after a couple of uses, I’ve felt that after the initial earthy scent I smell, I pick up another scent from it that reminds me of the smell from some cold pressed green juices.

OVERALL THOUGHTS πŸ˜ƒ

I’m not sure about this product as a primer, primarily due to the consistency. It’s lighter than my moisturizer and some sunblocks I use so I’m not sure how well it penetrates into my skin when I layer it over the rest of my skincare. As a serum, on the other hand, it’s been wonderful and that’s my preferred way to use it - as a serum. πŸ˜ƒ

PURCHASE / REPURCHASE? πŸ€” 
Maybe. I’ve used this serum day and night for the last five days and have liked it so far. I have quite a few serums so it’s a bit too early for me to know where this one falls among the ones I currently have in my rotation. I’ll follow up with my thoughts on this after a couple more weeks of use, but it does lean towards being something I would purchase after I get through the bottle.93517EB7-AF80-4C67-9EE2-00B17CA88CB7.jpeg

@itsfi yes thank goodness the scent is short-lived! It reminds me of Sharpie.  

If the scent on this one lingered, my trial period for it would be very short @eshoe. I’m very happy it fades away. 

Ha you and me both @itsfi. I am very curious which ingredient/reaction of ingredients is causing itπŸ€”

@itsfi  If the scent was any stronger, it might've made me gag! I'm glad it dissipates a bit after applying. I did feel a little tackiness with it, but that might be because I waited a while after putting on a light moisturizer to apply it and I don't use sunblock, since my foundation has SPF in it already. Definitely worth playing around with a little more!

P.S. I love your nail color! πŸ’…

The scent definitely makes itself known @Shosh85! Lol. 

Thank you. I’ve been slacking on keeping up with my nails the last few months so I decided to give them some color. It’s OPI Infinite Shine - Linger Over Coffee. πŸ’…πŸΌ Hopefully I’ll be better and taking care of them.l going forward. 

@itsfi Oh man, I don't think I've done my nails since my oldest was born, and that was almost 6 years ago! Haha! πŸ˜‚ 

@Shosh85 I’m fanatical about my toes but my fingernails are generally bare. I wash my hands so many times in a day, it’s just not worth the time!

@eshoe  Washing hands is part of it for me too, 'cause I definitely do a lot of that, especially as a Dental Assistant, but I'm also CONSTANTLY hands-on with the boys and there's never really a time I'm not doing something with my hands. Plus, I just never have time. I barely find the time to eat something during the day. Haha!

Toes would be pointless for me too, since my feet are always super cold, I'm almost always wearing socks. πŸ₯ΆπŸ¦ΆπŸ§¦

The scent is so strong @itsfi! I do think it is a good product though.

Even though I know the scent will be there when I drop the product into my hands, it somehow still catches me off guard @faeriegirl. 😳

@itsfi the scent is a con, I'm using it today for the first time, I'll say even with the scent, I'm really liking this texture, and how it's easily absorbed

It absorbs soooo quickly @lmaster. I love that it doesn’t leave my skin tacky or sticky either. 

First impressions on AMIKA - Reset Clarifying Gel Shampooand AMIKA - Reset Cooling Gel Conditionerthe shampoo has more of the gel texture, and the conditioner is a foam texture, the scent on both were not overpowering, and quite nice. These are products I would only use once every 3-4 weeks to clarify my scalp of build up. With that said, they both did a great job at removing the products that were built up, they didn't dry out my hair at all πŸ‘ then I followed up with the VIRTUE LABS - The Perfect Ending Split End Serum i had a heck of a time getting this product out of the bottle, so I took the pump off and ran it under hot water to clean it out, then it worked properly! Initially it looks like a cream, but seems to work at an oil does, so a little goes a long way. First use I applied on damp hair, woke up the next morning and my curls looked nice and defined. The next day, I applied it on dry hair, and I feel like,  I prefer this way better, that way you can tell if you have applied too little. It brought my curls back to life and smoothed out the frizz I had from sleeping. Overall after two uses, it does a great job! 

@lmaster  Same here with the pump on the Virtue bottle - I could not get anything out for the life of me! It's so great to hear it worked so well with your curls! πŸ™Œ 

@Shosh85 yep! I took it and ran it under hot water and cleared the pump out, then it started working properly,, thanks so much

2,792 Replies