Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

A place to say thank you, provide reviews and first impressions, or follow up on gratis received after more use!

Many of us have been very lucky to receive gratis (thanks Sephora!), and Iโ€™ve been finding that while itโ€™s easy to initially post about receiving it and initial reviews, itโ€™s not as easy to follow up! 

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread to follow-ups and reviews with products weโ€™ve received after weโ€™ve been using them for a while, especially because itโ€™s sometimes hard to find the original thank you and first impressions threads.

Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

@Loretta55 I hope you can repost. I hate when I do as thorough and long post and lose it. I try to copy it just in case before hitting post. I want to hear your thoughts!

I tested the Bumble & Bumble hair cleaning mist.  It has a strong scent initially which some wonโ€™t like. It dissipated quickly though.  Left a soft scent in my hair.  Hair isnโ€™t as shiny but itโ€™s not sticky or dry.  It doesn't help bed head fly always unless you saturate the area.  Overall I dint mind it.  Iโ€™ll have to use again and again to have a decent review.  The glow pop and Lilah b has been a joy ๐Ÿ‘, the Lancรดme plumping balm is now in my daughters possession.  She loves it so much.  I liked it and it wore very well.  Since she said I have way too many lip products I wonโ€™t miss it lol.  

What I did notice is that my foundation and concealer stayed smoother and didnโ€™t settle into fine linesWhat I did notice is that my foundation and concealer stayed smoother and didnโ€™t settle into fine lines

@2manyperfumes  I am in love with the lilah b as well ๐Ÿ™‚

Iโ€™m glad itโ€™s working well for you too @PrettyPaint ๐Ÿ‘โค๏ธ, Iโ€™ve been using it daily.  Might replace my silk canvas.  

@2manyperfumes  Great reviews!! 

Thank you @ather โค๏ธ I meant donโ€™t not dint but somedays spell check and my quick typing donโ€™t mix well.  

I'm impressed @2manyperfumes about it not settling into f...

I'm impressed @2manyperfumes about it not settling into fine lines, that is really starting to bother me. I notice the more hydrated I keep my face with facial oils, it plumps that skin right up to keep those lines diminished.

Re: I'm impressed @2manyperfumes about it not settling into f...

I feel the same @Luvstravel โค๏ธ Murad ands fre other brands also plumping, oxygenating spray mists and I find those help too.  

Hair cleaning mist?? @2manyperfumes this is interesting

Yes there were two hair products.  The spray hair cleaner is good to stretch out shampoos.  I havenโ€™t tried the Amika flash yet.  Want to try it on the weekend.  

I used this earlierI used this earlierFBEB13E1-FCF6-4A6E-B5EC-394BB420A2DE.jpeg

Now I'm very curious about this mist @2manyperfumes you say the scent was not great?

Hi @lmaster โค๏ธ, the scent is strong but not unpleasant. If your sensitive to scents initially when you spritz it in your hair you might not like the intensity.  Once itโ€™s in your hair it quickly dissipates and leaves a soft scent that I donโ€™t think is bothersome.  Now my hair is super short so I donโ€™t know if someone with longer hair would notice the scent.  It smells fresh so itโ€™s okay.

Ok I appreciate the info @2manyperfumes 

The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

Yesterday I arrived home from work with a package waiting on me. Thanks so much โคโคโคโค @TeamBIC and Sephora for sending me the new Sephora Pro makeup brushes to test out! Even though I've purchased plenty of makeup brushes, my main staples are my Sephora Pro brushes. They apply your makeup so well and hold their form after many brush washings! I used seven of the brushes this morning for a quick face coming to work. The Pro Concealer #57 applied my under eye creme pot concealer perfect.I usually always used my finger to tap under eyes, but noticed latelythat this process was applying too much (with my under eye wrinkles)This applied the perfect amount smoothly. I used the #59 Powder to apply my loose setting face powder. It spread it easily and didn't absorb my facial powder. I used #96 Blush brush and it was the perfect size to apply my powder blush easily. The #79 Contour brush, I used as my highlighter brush. It definitely was a great size for highlighting! I only used two shadow brushes which was #19 Crease Brush(this is by far my favorite crease brush ever) It applied and blended my eyeshadow PERFECTLY!!! The #14 Pro Shadow was very smooth. The last brush I used was #20 Brow brush. It did an excellent job of applying my brow powder. After using these new Pro Sephora brushes, compared to the old Sephora brushes, I can truly say, I love the new brushes!๐Ÿฅฐ The bristles are all smooth and soft, but not too soft that your product goes everywhere. I believe any who has the old brushes, will love the new brushes as well, if not more. If anyone has questions, ask away. Once the review page is up, I'll leave my detailed reviews. I've posted the front and back of the brushes so everyone can put the brush number with the brush name. #70 and #56 are both labeled Foundation and I have not used these brushes yet.

Congratulations @Luvstravel  Great photos!

Thanks @PrettyPaint

Thanks @PrettyPaint

Yay, Congratulations, @Luvstravel! I just love Sephora br...

Yay, Congratulations, @Luvstravel! I just love Sephora brushes!

I know @curlychiquita, they are the best! This new #19 cr...

I know @curlychiquita, they are the best! This new #19 crease brush has really grabbed my attention. I'll try to post a pic tomorrow after doing my makeup.

@Luvstravel  Congratulations!!! So glad you go this awesome gratis!!! 

Thanks @ather. I'm looking forward to trying the brushes...

Thanks @ather. I'm looking forward to trying the brushes out on a day out look. I've used them the past two days for work makeup-basic.

@Luvstravel  Oooh, looks like you got the whole set of 10! My gratis set contains only 7 of the brushes, and I think Iโ€™m fine with that. ๐Ÿ™‚ The brushes I received are shapes Iโ€™d actually use, perhaps with the exception of the concealer brush... Iโ€™m not used to using such a large concealer brush anywhere on my face, so Iโ€™ll need to come up with another use for that one. Anyway, Iโ€™m glad to hear these brushes all worked wonderfully for you! Congrats on receiving this gratis! 

6,250 Replies
testing