Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Gratis Thread πŸ›πŸŽ‰

A place to say thank you, provide reviews and first impressions, or follow up on gratis received after more use!

Many of us have been very lucky to receive gratis (thanks Sephora!), and I’ve been finding that while it’s easy to initially post about receiving it and initial reviews, it’s not as easy to follow up! 

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread to follow-ups and reviews with products we’ve received after we’ve been using them for a while, especially because it’s sometimes hard to find the original thank you and first impressions threads.

Re: The Gratis Thread πŸ›πŸŽ‰

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS on the gratis! Secondly, both of the highlighters look REALLY good on you @MissPuff. Of the two, I also prefer Tickle. 

I have never used retinol before because of my sensitive skin, so I was worried about using the Glow Recipe Eye Mask too. I have only used a few times, but I am also happy to report that I haven't had any issues or reactions. No dramatic results either, but I wouldn't expect any after only a few uses.

@MissPuff   Congratulations!

Congratulations, @MissPuff !

The highlighters do look lovely on you!  Thank you for the swatches!

Congrats on the gratis! What lip color are you wearing in the first photo? It's really pretty. <333

@PenelopeBT  thank you! It's MAC Love Me Lipstick - Maison Rouge!

@MissPuff Ooh those look amazing on you!

Congrats on this fantastic gratis @MissPuff!  I am really loving the highlighters on you!

@MissPuff, I love how the Cookie highlighters look on you!

Congratulations, @MissPuff !  The highlighters look great on you, especially Tickle!

Update about my experience with the BENEFIT COSMETICS - Tickle Highlighter and BENEFIT COSMETICS - Cookie Highlighter after using them in my makeup routine for about a month. Tickle shows up on me as a natural golden glow. Cookie looks like a poppy silvery champagne. If I had to choose between the two, I would choose Tickle because Cookie looks kind of ashy on me, but Cookie does work nicely as an inner corner eye highlight. For me, a highlighter is not worth it if I can only use it for the inner corner of my eyes. 

Overall, I would say these highlighters are not necessary purchases if you already have a huge stash of highlighters because they don't give makeup looks anything special unless you are looking for a more natural and less glittery highlighter. If you already have these on your must-buy list, then I would say to wait until there is a sale.

TL, DR: Go for Tickle if you like gold highlighters. Go for Cookie if you like silver highlighters. Don't buy unless you have no other highlighters or you want a highlighter with no glitter and a soft glow. Wait until a sale if you NEED it.

Thank you for reviewing them for us, @sephoraaddict918!

Another grateful happy girl here having arrived home to an awesome box of goodies ala Sephora and @BIC! Thank you so very much. A terrific varied assortment of scent, makeup, skincare and hair goodies!! Will be interesting to try out as I have short hair and also the shadows as they are out of my norm. Perfume is yummy already and Huda eyeliner so easy.  Excited to try all!! Love our fun , intelligent and thoughtful group to share not only makeup but also life and new friendships as a result! MWAH πŸ’‹  πŸ˜˜

B862AAEB-EFFE-4393-9EF1-7A7488F482F3.jpeg

Congrats on receiving this amazing gratis @SunnysmomSmiley Happy

Thank you so much @mrsmouse ! 

@Sunnysmom I am so happy to hear you received these goodies too! I am so surprised at how easy that Huda eyeliner is too apply.

Enjoy!

So fun right @Cyncynn?! Thanks! 

@Sunnysmom what an awesome gratis! Such a treat! Can't wait to hear all your thoughts about the products.

It really is @makeitup305 , very grateful. Working on it! 

how amazing @Sunnysmom congratulations!!

how amazing @Sunnysmom congratulations!!

Re: how amazing @Sunnysmom congratulations!!

Agree thanks @lmaster ! Very cool! 

Congratulations, @Sunnysmom !  I'm looking forward to reading your opinions!

2,904 Replies