Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

A place to say thank you, provide reviews and first impressions, or follow up on gratis received after more use!

Many of us have been very lucky to receive gratis (thanks Sephora!), and Iโ€™ve been finding that while itโ€™s easy to initially post about receiving it and initial reviews, itโ€™s not as easy to follow up! 

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread to follow-ups and reviews with products weโ€™ve received after weโ€™ve been using them for a while, especially because itโ€™s sometimes hard to find the original thank you and first impressions threads.

Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

@2manyperfumes  Wow awesome reviews!!

Thank you @ather โค๏ธ - thank the team that does the selection process they are good ๐Ÿ‘

@2manyperfumes you look gorgeous! Quick question- is the top on your Lancome balm metallic/opaque? Mine is plastic and doesn't click in. It said "tester" at the bottom of the box. Did yours?

Hi @makeitup305 โค๏ธ I responded accidentally to @CookieGirl1  but itโ€™s in the thread below with the photos 

@2manyperfumes love that lip color on you! 

Hi @CookieGirl1 โค๏ธ, mine was metallic and the bar code on the box was lined out with a marker since itโ€™s a gift.  I donโ€™t think you received the right one with the Lancรดme.  Only the Glow recipe cap should be a plastic top.  

DE198E48-9F95-4CDE-9B76-6A00C76DF32A.jpeg9795081A-419C-40A3-9975-4C5652693EA3.jpeg

Thank you @CookieGirl1  i accidentally hit the wrong person re which top was on my lippie.  Sorry ๐Ÿ˜˜

@2manyperfumes  I was just going to post to check if anyone used the Wishful. I see that alcohol is 5th ingredient. Any drying?

Also, good to know about Lilah B. I'll try it over the weekend when I put on make-up. What foundation did you use with it? 

Hi @naturalooks15 โค๏ธ My daughter and I did use Wishful.  She is sensitive and avoids certain ingredients but the alcohol did not bother her of me.  I like it and will use it 2-3 times a week to see how I feel about it.  First impressions were good.  It was gentle and my skin felt great.  Iโ€™ve posted below what foundations Iโ€™ve used so far.  I only ever have 3 or 4 at a time until I run out.  

Congrats again and thank you for your reviews, @2manyperfumes

As far as the oiliness of the LILAH B. - Aglowโ„ข Priming Oil (oh I just noticed when tagging there is a mini so um probably need to try that), what foundation type are you applying on top? This sounds like a product I would love ๐Ÿ’— 

Hi @eshoe โค๏ธ I like this too much and so does my daughter.  She is 19.  Both of us think itโ€™s really good.  Iโ€™ve now tried it with two of my foundations.  I have a light coverage tinted veil NYX cream, excellent with the oil.  Today a heavy camo foundation from dermablendz.  I also have No 7 airbrush foundation and a full coverage Locke it foundation.  Iโ€™ve tried two concealers and two setting powders and everything worked so far.  

20200305_135648.jpg

I was so excited to get this awesome gratis from @TeamBIC, Bumble & Bumble, Lilah B, Amika, Lancome, Glow Recipe, and Wishful! I received it last week and have been trying out the products for a few days (except for the B&B and the Amika). Here are my thoughts so far:

Glow recipe lip pop- It smells delicious but doesn't have much flavor- slightly watermelon. It's balmy but not waxy or oily. It leaves a light pink color with 1-2 coats. Slightly darker with another coat but not candy pink. I would likely use it more if it wasn't tinted. Packaging looks kind of cheap and gives me 90's vibes but feels sturdy. The  first time I used it I wiped it off with a damp cloth after 10 min and my lips felt smoother. I have used it a few more times since then and it feels very comfortable and hydrating. 4.5/5
Wishful- It smells kind of floor cleaner but not in a bad way, not overpowering. I can smell the alcohol on my hand. It has a very slight grainy feel when you start to rub it in. It pills up as you rub it. My skin looked the same after I rubbed it in. It felt soft but a little dried out. I used it on the backs of my hands and it took care of some of the flaky patches but the knuckles still felt dry. I've used it one more time since then and I don't think it does much for me. I'm not a huge fan of the ingredients either- too many citrus oils and alcohol. 3/5

Lancome Lip balm- It had a very slight sweet smell, with a mild to moderate tingle. It applies clear with a light pink pearl but it's hardly noticeable. Lips did not look particularly plumped. It does not have great packaging- the cap does not click shut. It would definitely fall open in a purse. Maybe I got a faulty one? I used it a few more times and it felt like it was drying out my lips. 1/5

Lilah b primer- It has an intense lavender fragrance that doesn't linger but is definitely noticeable when you apply it. It has a nice consistency, kind of a creamy, thicker oil.  You need less than a pump for the whole face otherwise it doesn't seem to absorb as well. It absorbs quickly and leaves a creamy soft feeling. I wore it the first day under Nars Sheer Glow without any moisturizer under it. It didn't seem to affect the wear of the foundation either positively or negatively. My pores were more visible than usual on the sides if my nose but the rest of my skin looked very nice and smooth. My skin did not get overly greasy, either, and I didn't set it (I usually don't). I've used it several times since then and it has worked well for me using different foundations. My only gripe with it is the fragrance. It's slightly off-putting, especially knowing that lavender oil is not great for skin. 4/5 

Congrats @makeitup305 

Congratulations @makeitup305. Great reviews you provided for us!

Congratulations, @makeitup305! โค

Congratulations, @makeitup305! โค

Congrats, @makeitup305!

Oh lavender seems to be the scent sneaking up in products now, @makeitup305. Iโ€™ve been trying some other new skincare and if it werenโ€™t for the strong (ahem, slightly overwhelming) lavender I would recommend them more. Itโ€™s just too much for most. I still have the mini in my cart and will likely try it.

Appreciate the sensory overview;)

@eshoe I would definitely recommend and use the product more if it didn't have so much lavender oil in it. It's not palatable for me. I think it's a good product, though! Let me know what you think if you try it. 

Congrats and thanks for the mini reviews, @makeitup305!

Congratulations @makeitup305 โค๏ธ ๐Ÿ‘

I feel honored to have received this awesome gratis package from Team BIC, Amika, Wishful, Lilah B, Bumble & Bumble, Lancรดme, and Glow Recipe. So far I have only tried the lip products. I will be trying the Amika flash instant shine mask and the Lilah B Aglow Priming Oil later today. I will be holding off trying the Wishful Yo glow until this weekend because I have over exfoliated unfortunately. 
AMIKA - Flash Instant Shine Hair Mask

Wishful Yo Glow AHA & BHA Facial Enzyme Scrub 3.38 oz/ 100 mL

LILAH B. - Aglowโ„ข Priming Oil

GLOW RECIPE - Watermelon Glow Lip Pop

Bumble and bumble Pret-a-Powder Post Workout Dry Shampoo Mist 4 oz/ 120 mL

Thank you very much for the opportunity Team BICThank you very much for the opportunity Team BIC

6,250 Replies
testing