Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

A place to say thank you, provide reviews and first impressions, or follow up on gratis received after more use!

Many of us have been very lucky to receive gratis (thanks Sephora!), and Iโ€™ve been finding that while itโ€™s easy to initially post about receiving it and initial reviews, itโ€™s not as easy to follow up! 

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread to follow-ups and reviews with products weโ€™ve received after weโ€™ve been using them for a while, especially because itโ€™s sometimes hard to find the original thank you and first impressions threads.

Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

Very pretty @faeriegirl. The Jelly Melts look so good on everyone. I personally like the way they look blotted with a bit of lip balm over them.

Thank you @Loretta55!

Those both look great @cianni 

Both glosses are pretty on you, @faeriegirl - the Flamenco is especially flattering ๐Ÿ’„!

They're both flattering for sure @faeriegirl, but I like the Flamenco on you best as well!  Congrats!  

Flamenco looks the best on you- I agree!  They both are nice and bold ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’„

@faeriegirl 

@faeriegirl  Both are so beautiful on you!

Thank you @ather!

Both colors look fabulous on you @faeriegirl. Thanks for...

Both colors look fabulous on you @faeriegirl. Thanks for posting pics!

Re: Both colors look fabulous on you @faeriegirl. Thanks for...

Thank you @Luvstravel!

They both look fabulous, @faeriegirl!

They both look fabulous, @faeriegirl!

Re: They both look fabulous, @faeriegirl!

Thank you @curlychiquita!

I mentioned a week or 2 ago that my mom tried my Briogeo Superfoods Banana + Coconut Nourishing Shampoo + Conditioner Duo for Dry Hair gratis a couple times when she was staying over and she loved it. Well, she went out and bought the set she loved them so much!  I still am using them once every week or two in my haircare cycle, and they are such a happy banana pick-me-up in the morning, leaving hair really nourished. Love them! Thanks again @TeamBIC 

@l8totheparty  That's awesome! I can totally see how banana would be a nice morning pick me up! ๐Ÿ™‚

@l8totheparty  Aww thatโ€™s awesome you mom loved it too!!

I love how those smell, @l8totheparty!  The shampoo didn't work well for me at all but I'm hooked on the conditioner.

Once I finish my DevaCurl No Poo and One Condition, I will use these Briogeo products that I also received in a gratis package last year @l8totheparty . Glad that your mom likes those products also.

Follow up on my January Gratis; 

I want to thank @BrendaBT and @TeamBIC again for the lovely products โค๏ธ There are definitely some products I will be purchasing from this lot! 

Algenist GENIUS Collagen Calming Relief 1.35 oz/ 40 mL

Has been a total game changer for me. Iโ€™ve been using this in place of my beloved DE Lala Retro in the mornings before applying my make up. Squeezing out of the tube, it has a thick consistency however it just melts into the skin beautifully. It surprisingly acts as a great foundation primer! Itโ€™s been great for these winter months when my skin is extra dry, might switch back to DE when Summer gets closer. 100% would buy. 

Drunk Elephant F-Balmโ„ข Electrolyte Waterfacial Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL This is a nice face cream, I donโ€™t think it particularly falls into the sleeping mask category personally. I didnโ€™t have any adverse reactions however I also didnโ€™t notice anything different about my skin that any other cream wouldnโ€™t have done. I think we come to expect a lot from DE, Iโ€™m just not sure this one does much. 

FIRST AID BEAUTY - FAB Pharma Arnica Relief & Rescue Mask I was initially concerned about some ingredients irritating my skin in this mask so I did try this one last. I wish I tried it earlier, I really quite like it! Iโ€™ve been using it as part of my nightly skin care routine by incorporating it 3 x/week. My skin has remained blemish free, soothed and so hydrated. This is a solid winner in my books. It also works amazing on elbows!! 

Thanks so much for the update on the products @GG84. I just added the algenist to "my loves" list ๐Ÿ™‚

@GG84  Thanks for detailed review. You & @WinglessOne   has convinced me to try the sample of Algeniest and also FAB. Adding it to the reminder to get sample in next visit. I need to check if wither of these have silicone in them as I avoid silicone in general (ok with it in low quantity during the day as it's hard to find a sunscreen without it) but definitely do not use it in the night creams or night masks.  If you happen to know whether these two contain any silicone please do let me know so I know whether I am looking at them for day use or night use. 

6,253 Replies
testing