Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

A place to say thank you, provide reviews and first impressions, or follow up on gratis received after more use!

Many of us have been very lucky to receive gratis (thanks Sephora!), and Iโ€™ve been finding that while itโ€™s easy to initially post about receiving it and initial reviews, itโ€™s not as easy to follow up! 

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread to follow-ups and reviews with products weโ€™ve received after weโ€™ve been using them for a while, especially because itโ€™s sometimes hard to find the original thank you and first impressions threads.

Re: RE: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

@lindseyyfaye Keep interacting and having fun. Thatโ€™s what this place is for. Our love of beauty and helping each other out. 

Re: RE: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

@SportyGirly125 So encouraging. Thank you.

RE: Re: RE: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

Always with the sweetest advice! โ˜บ๏ธ @SportyGirly125

Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

When I saw folks posting photos of this, I thought "uh-oh, mine's gonna be way too big on me!" ๐Ÿ˜‚ You see, I was expecting something much simpler: at most, a t-shirt. I buy half my t-shirts a size or two bigger so I can wear them as tunics over leggings. But nope, it's a robe, something more substantial than a t-shirt! That'll learn me to second guess @TeamBIC 's sizing advice! ๐ŸคฃI'm not complaining, though. I truly appreciate the gift! 

Aw, thank you TeamBIC!Aw, thank you TeamBIC!

I'm 5' tall, so I'm surprised this robe doesn't drag the floor when I wear it belted. That's a bonus! But I might try my hand at tailoring it for sleeve length (shouldn't be hard, I've done it many times before) and all-around width. I'll also do my usual "is this really 'dry clean only' or is the tag just a suggestion" test, since this robe is 100% polyester inside and out. I suspect it can handle my washing machine's delicates cycle and a combo of heatless air-fluffing and open air drying. I'll find out soon enough! 

Congratulations @WinglessOne ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿพ๐ŸŒน

RE: Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

Congrats @WinglessOne !

Congratulations @WinglessOne 

@WinglessOne Congratulations to a great Boss!! I  was like you and was sure it was a tee, not a gorgeous robe!! This will look great on you and your fabulous pictures!! Enjoy!๐Ÿ˜Š

@WinglessOne So happy for you!

Congratulations, @WinglessOne!

@WinglessOne  Congratulations!! ๐Ÿ™‚ I'm so happy to see almost everyone I've known here though the years received this special gift! 

Congratulations @WinglessOne ๐Ÿ’—

Thanks @lmaster !

Ahhhh yes, congrats @WinglessOne! I had to laugh because mine is slightly long on the sleeves as well, I hadnโ€™t thought of getting it tailored. You are genius ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผโ˜บ๏ธ

@eshoe  Getting clothes tailored is the story of my life. ๐Ÿ˜‚ If you take yours to a tailor, I hope it turns out well! 

@WinglessOne   Congratulations! You, @ShortErica  and some others need to form a "5 and under" club. ๐Ÿ™‚

Here's a picture of my robe after washing it in warm water and drying it at a normal temperature, in case you don't see my post. I'm just not sure if it shrunk or not, but it's still fine.

20200720_144641_HDR.jpg

Thanks for experimenting, @Ispend2much6 ! Heh, if the robe does shrink, that's a good thing for me. ๐Ÿ˜„ 

And I'm glad there are other "vertically challenged" folks on BIC! i'm so used to everyone being taller than me, I'm very surprised whenever I meet an adult who's head I can see over. I mean, even some little kids are taller than me! Good grief. ๐Ÿคฃ

@WinglessOne @Ispend2much6 yep there should be a BIC club.

I've only met one adult shorter than me, a friend of a friend who is 4'6". It is so weird feeling like you aren't looking up.

And as for kids, that's why I coached U-8 soccer because once kids turn 8 or 9 they start passing me up. ๐Ÿคฃ

@ShortErica  "It is so weird feeling like you aren't looking up." Right? And haha, I'd do the same if I was a soccer coach! 

When I tell tall people about my super fun college days of guys trying to pick me up in barsโ€”literally pick me up off the groundโ€”it's cute that they think I'm joking. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜ฉAh, the joys of petite stature. 

That sounds hysterical and so relatable @WinglessOne. Now I've got to share my mom's story. She 4'10 3/4 ..you know every part counts. Anyway she was at the grocery store (this was probably 10 years ago at this point) and was looking at some items on higher shelves. While she's deciding some old man comes over and was like "hey little missy, need me to give you a boost" and has his hands cupped ready to lift her up. We still laugh about it. No no, don't offer to pick the item off the shelf and hand it to her, ask to boost her up. ๐Ÿคฃ

@ShortErica  ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐ŸคฃThat story is ridiculously wonderful! Next time a tall person walks past me while I'm scaling grocery store shelves to reach something, I'll ask "hey, if you're not going to offer to grab that for me, can you at least gimme a boost?" ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

6,250 Replies
testing