Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

A place to say thank you, provide reviews and first impressions, or follow up on gratis received after more use!

Many of us have been very lucky to receive gratis (thanks Sephora!), and Iโ€™ve been finding that while itโ€™s easy to initially post about receiving it and initial reviews, itโ€™s not as easy to follow up! 

I thought maybe we could have a dedicated thread to follow-ups and reviews with products weโ€™ve received after weโ€™ve been using them for a while, especially because itโ€™s sometimes hard to find the original thank you and first impressions threads.

Re: The Gratis Thread ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŽ‰

@SportyGirly125  Thank you hon.

@Anastasiya13  Wow such a beautiful look you created with the Sephora brushes!! So happy you love them!!

@ather  Thank you very much, I cant wait to play with all the other brushes.

Congratulations, @Anastasiya13 ! 

What a wonderful Gratis!  Your look is gorgeous!

@tsavoriteThank you. Aww thank you so much.

Congratulations, @Anastasiya13!  I love the look you created with your new brushes!

@curlychiquita  Thank you very much

Congratulations, @Anastasiya13 !  You look great!  ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

@Titian06  Thank you very much

@Anastasiya13 congratulations lovely!!

@lmaster  Thank you hon โค๏ธ

I wanted to give an update on my thoughts on the Sephora Brushes! 

My Faves: 

Spoiler
I have been really loving Pro Foundation Number 70 Brush! I didn't have a buffing brush like this but I have been meaning to get one. I actually have been using it with my powder foundation and I am super impressed with the finish and coverage it gives. I do think it helps with pressing the powder into my skin and creating a sort of airbrushed non powdery look. 

I also have been loving the Pro Brow Number 20. It's such a random thing to love but I like the shape and size of the spoolie better than the other two ones I have. I feel like it's really good at brushing my hairs up. 

I also have been enjoying using the Pro Powder 59. It's a large fluffy brush that picks up a comparable amount of product to my other favorites. I think I would like it to be slightly less tapered and a little more fluffy as that's my preference as you can see by my other faves but overall it does a good job of distributing product to my face evenly and without being scratchy 
IMG_0366.jpgIMG_0364.jpgIMG_0362.jpg

Brushes I'm still trying to work with 

Spoiler
Pro blush 96 - So I haven't been living this one as much. While I think the bristles are nice in terms of texture, I find it too tapered and narrow for a blush brush. It's not my preferred method of distributing blush - I may try using it more for bronzer/contour and seeing if it's better for that. 

I'm also still working with the Pro Concealer 57. I do like the size and shape of it a lot, but I feel like it's not quite dense enough to properly blend 
IMG_0367.jpgIMG_0365.jpg

@Kim888  Too bad your not loving the brush and the concealer. Maybe you could re purpose them and use them for something else. 

@Kim888 I've been using the concealer brush on my lids to apply concealer at a base, it's done wonderful for that purpose

Thank you for the in depth review @Kim888 

Here is my review from the Gratis I received back in December 

AMIKA - Reset Clarifying Gel Shampoo

• It has a nice fresh scent to it. Iโ€™m used to shampoos in a bottle so it was interesting to use one in a can.  A decent amount comes out in a pump that is a light pink gel and it does give a light lather to the hair.  I have tried it for a month but only wash my hair 3 times a week. My hair felt clean but weighed down after use.  I have thick straight permed hair. It was just okay for me.

AMIKA - Reset Cooling Gel Conditioner

• Just like the shampoo you do get a decent amount with just one pump. The texture felt more cream like than gel. If you are sensitive to smell or do not like tea tree oil scent with a cooling menthol sensation on your hair/scalp when applied stay clear of this product.  It worked okay as a conditioner but wasnโ€™t amazing for me.  It did leave a nice fresh scent to my hair.

Dior Lip Glow Oil in 012 Rosewood

• The applicator is huge so when you take it out you get a generous amount of product. The color is very sheer with a slight hint of rose color that glides on smoothly.  I applied it over the Laneige lip balm and it kept my lips hydrated and glossy looking for several hours before I ate.  I love this product so much that I bought berry and coral

GLOW RECIPE - Banana Soufflรฉ Moisture Cream

• It smells like banana pudding. I tried it and wouldnโ€™t call it a cream. Itโ€™s more borderline gel/cream.  I think if you have dry/really dry skin and need hydration this wouldnโ€™t be the right product unless you lather another moisturizer on top of it.  I didnโ€™t feel like it gave me enough moisture so I added my normal cream and oil on top.

GUCCI - Rouge ร  Lรจvres Satin Lipstick25 Goldie Red

• This is such a beautiful red lipstick perfect for a night out or for the holidays.  The color is super pigmented so you get that very classic red Hollywood glam lip color that isnโ€™t drying on the lips. The lipstick comes in a beautiful gold lipstick luxe case.

It Cosmetics Pillow Lips in Humble

• This color is the perfect 90s lipstick color that has been trending. Itโ€™s the my lips but better color that some people search for. It glides on smoothly and isnโ€™t drying on the lips. It lasted several hours before I had to take it off for lunch.

Magic Makeup Eraser Llama

• Make sure you read the instructions before using this. You are suppose to wash the cloth in the washing machine before using it.  It does a great job wiping off makeup after applying a cleansing oil or cleansing balm to the face. I usually have to wipe my face with a paper towel after because I donโ€™t want to get my towel or wash cloth dirty.  It is really easy to clean by running water through it and hanging it to dry for the next use.

SMASHBOX - Mindful 5 Nourishing Primer Serum

• Iโ€™m going to agree with what the other people have said about this scent. It smells awful. If you have a sensitive nose I would stay clear of this product.  Unfortunately because of the smell and my sensitivity I could not wear the product on too long before having to wipe it off.

VIRTUE LABS - The Perfect Ending Split End Serum

• I applied this as directed after I toweled dried my hair to the bottom portion of my hair. With just one pump you get a generous amount that is creamy in texture and smells a hint of coconut. I have been using it for several weeks and havenโ€™t noticed a huge difference on my hair even before and after I had a hair cut. Plus the product is pretty pricey.

YSL Black Opium Neon

• I havenโ€™t really been a fan of the Black Opium line. I feel like the scents they come out with doesnโ€™t suit my skin very well and can turn musky on me. On the otherhand, Neon smells so sweet and fruity and suits my skin a lot better. It wore well on my skin for several hours before fading.

@SportyGirly125 Thank you for the detailed review on all of the products.  Makes it easier to decide on trying them when I see reviews like this.  Thank you again.

@SportyGirly125  Awesome reviews!! Thanks for the in-depth information! Really good to know the amika has a strong scent and weighed your hair down. 

@SportyGirly125  Thank you for your reviews! All of the lip products sound amazing! 

@SportyGirly125 thanks for the update.  I was considering trying out the Amika shampoo but maybe I should try the one from the same line that comes in a tube instead.  Great reviews ๐Ÿ™‚

@SportyGirly125 Thank you for sharing your thoughts - the Dior lip oil sounds lovely!

6,250 Replies
testing